Chapter 65: The Start

Unexpected Accident (예기치 못한 사고)

Chapter 65 : The Start of the Plan


"Maybe something's up." Eun Ji reassured, leaning on the wall. "Tss. Yeah right." Faye scoffed after rolling her eyes. "Oh c'mon, why won't you stop holding a grudge on her?" Mei Rong asked, heaving a sigh. Faye ignored her question  changing the subject. "Why was Uncle with them?" Faye asked while tapping on her chin. The three started thinking, not knowing whats about to happen to them.

 

Narrator's POV :

The next day everyone starts preparing the decorations, food and whatnot for the W.B Party that Manager Kyun Hyun told them to do. Well, not everyone. EXO(except for glaxy hyung, Kris), Minwoo and Donghae were busy with their schedule, which was announced unexpectedly, leaving the girls with the list of chores. "Okay. . . What am I going to do?" Mei Rong asks. Yong Mi gives her a look and sighs, "Gosh Mei, this is what you get for not attending the meeting last night." 

 

Yong Mi removed her glasses and gave Mei Rong another look. "C'mon Yonggie, I was having an important discussion with Faye and Eun Ji." Mei Rong reasoned out, throwing her hands up in the open air.

 

"Okay fine. You're going to do this." Yong Mi hands a piece of paper to Mei Ron ad left. Yong Mi starts giving everyone orders. "Ji Hyun, you're incharge with the food. Eun Hee, you're incharge with the balloons and banners. Mi Rin and Faye, both of you are incharge with the cleaning of the house and Eun Ji, you're incharge with the linens and table cloths. Okay then..... Start working!"

 

"If I put this string.... right over left then left over right.... I could make a--" muttered Eun Hee, "a knot that looks like poop." Eun Hee threw the string away. She took a seat on a nearby wooden stool and sighs in frustration. "What is this?! Who the fish invented this stupid party planner?! Urgh!" Eun Hee screamed in frustration.

 

Meanwhile....

 

"Should I use this blue cloth or this pink one?" Eun Ji raised both cloths and stared at it likr iyd domr mutated animal. "Should I tuck it or just use pins? Wait. . . I WASN'T RAISED TO DO THIS KIND OF STUFF!" Eun Ji exclaimed as she threw the cloths aside. She heaved a sigh as she starts searching for some tutorials on how to decorate tables and stuff.

 

"Okay. Let's start cleaning. Since there are 9 rooms... we should do rock-paper-scissors. The winner will clean 4 rooms while the loser will clean 5 rooms." Faye said while looking at Mi Rin, who was looking at her also. "Okay then." They started doing the rock-paper-scissors. Rock-Rock. Scissors-Scissors. Paper-Paper. This continued until..... "Rock,Paper,Scissors!--" Paper-Rock. "YES! I won! You're going to clean 5 rooms while I clean 4 rooms. So leggo!" Mi Rin happily said, earning a nod from Faye. They separated from each other and starts cleaning the rooms.

 

"So, I'll be needing those. Hmm. . . I better start looking for the ingredients now." Ji Hyun whispered as she starts rummaging the cabinets for the ingredients, cabinet by cabinet. "Huh? That's weird. We just bought the ingredients last night and now its gone?" Ji Hyun starts getting suspicious but then she shrugs it off. "I guess I'll be buying the ingredients later." Ji Hyun said as she starts doing some of the dishes.

 

While everyone was doing their own thing, Hyun Jae wakes up from her beauty sleep. When Hyun Jae tried to get up, she was startled by a familiar voice. "Awake already?" She looked at the owner of the voice and said, "K-kris! W-what are you doing here?" She stammered, a shock expression plastered on her face. "I'm just making sure that you're okay." Kris answered in a monotoned vioce.

 

Suddenly, Hyun Jae hears screaming from downstairs. "Yah! Where are the balloons?! They're not going to inflate by themselves!" It was no other than Eun Hee's voice. "What's going on down there?" Hyun Jae then gives Kris a questioning look. "They said that a friend of yours came yesterday. They were brought by Manager Hyung and then Hyung told the girls to prepare the party." Kris explained nonchalantly.

 

"Oh. . . What were the names of the people who came?" Hyun Jae asked. "They said their names were Hyun Ann and Su Mi?" Kris answered, unsure with his answer. Hyun Jae starts thinking, "What?! H-hyun Ann and Su Mi?!" She stands up quickly and runs to the door. Kris swiftly blocks the door and said, "No, you are not going downstairs."

 

 

"Yes, I will." Hyun Jae grits her teeth as she tries to push Kris away from the door but Kris won't budge. Hyun Jae then tries moving from left to right but Kris then spreads his arms and follow Hyun Jae. "No, you won't." He said.

 

"Yes. I. Will." Hyun Jae stated, as she sprinted towards the right side, only to be engulfed in Kris' arms. He held her tightly and said, "I said no." Hyun Jae then felt her cheeks heat up. "W-why?" She asked as she looked down, hiding her rosy-pink cheeks. "You're not feeling well." He answered while looking at Hyun Jae.

 

"And what makes you say that?" Hyun Jae asked, looking up at Kris. "Your body temperature is still high, you know." Kris answered while rolling his eyes. "I-I'm okay now. . . Okay?!" Hyun Jae pushes Kris away. Kris then looks down on the floor and gives way for Hyun Jae. Hyun Jae then opens the door and sprints out.

 

Kris sighed as he closed the door. He leaned on the door, slowly sliding down. He sat on the floor, his back leaning on the door. "How can I give this to her? I really need to find a perfect moment to give this to her." He whispered as he pulled out a small velvet box, opening it, revealing a silver ring.

 

"Hi guys! Whatcha doin?" Hyun Jae asked everyone with a sweet smile plastered on her face. "Working." Everyone curtly answered without looking at her. Hyun Jae, a naive girl she is, didn't mind them and said, "Hmmm, what's that smell?" She mentally asked herself as she went to the kitchen and sees Ji Hyun cooking.

 

"Annyeong eonnie." Ji Hyun greeted her as she glances at her direction. "Annyeong~ What's that?" Hyun Jae asked as she leaned closer to look at what Ji Hyun was cooking. "It's spaghetti, eonnie. I'll be cooking the other main dishes later." Ji Hyun said as she stirred the pasta sauce. "Ohh. . . It looks yummy." Hyun Jae said.

 

"I almost forgot, Kyun Hyun samchoon wants to see you in his office." Ji Hyun said. Hyun Jae gives her a nod and leaves. Hyun Jae went towards a coffee brown colored door. She knocked on the door and heard a "Come in.". She twisted the door knob and pushed it open. "You called me, uncle?" Hyun Jae peeked as she said that. 

 

"Yes, I just wanted to make sure that everyone is doing something." Kyun Hyun said as he looked up from his computer. Hyun Jae then goes inside of the room. "I just woke up, Uncle." Hyun Jae said, her eyes wandering around the room. "Okay. . . Um. . Can you please ask Yong Mi if you could help them?" He asked the young Kim, earning a nod from her.

 

"Good girl. Now, carry on." Kyun Hyun said as he transferred his attention back to his computer. Hyun Jae went out of the room and starts looking for Yong Mi. Meanwhile in Kyun Hyun's side. . . 

 

"The plan is going smoothly, noona." Kyun Hyun said as he looked at the person on his computer. "Well that's good to hear, Kyun Hyun. I hope you're doing the right thing." The woman said, who was looking at Kyun Hyun with a glint of sadness in her eyes.  "I'm doing the right thing, Noona." Kyun Hyun said, running his fingers through his ash brown hair.

 

"But what if they'll hate you?" The woman asked, her face grim and troubled. "I.. It w-w-wont hurt i-if they'll hate me.." Kyun Hyun paused as he heaved a sigh,"They'll thank me later, Noona. Appa is planning something really stupid." Kyun Hyun stared blankly at the monitor screen.

 

“Oh well, I respect your decision Kyun Hyun but I’m just worried, you know.” The woman frowned making Kyun Hyun sigh. Kyun Hyun rubbed his hands on his face. “I know that you’re worried Noona but I’m doing this for their sake. Anyways, I’ll talk to you later.” And he ended the call without waiting for the woman’s response.

 

Kyun Hyun stood up and starts trudging towards the door. He twisted open and starts supervising the girls. He first started off supervising Eun Hee, who was busy inflating the balloons with a hand pump.

 

“Push. Pull. Push. Pull. Push. Pull. Stop. Tie.” Eun Hee muttered as she did the procedures she just muttered. “How are you, Eun Hee?” Eun Hee was startled, causing her to let go of the balloon. “Now look at what you did, Uncle!” Eun Hee whined as she ran after the flying balloon.

 

Kyun Hyun then went upstairs to check on Faye and Mi Rin. “What are you two doing?” He asked as he eyed the two girls cleaning every single speck of dust in every room. “Uh, cleaning?” Faye nonchalantly answered.

 

“Isn’t it obvious, Uncle?” Mi Rin rolled her eyes and continued dusting the bookshelves. “Ohkay… I’m sorry if I have disturbed you ladies.” Kyun Hyun left and went to the kitchen.

 

He looked around, making sure that no one is around except for him and Ji Hyun. “Ji Hyun, what’re cooking?” He asked as he walked towards the counter, seeing some ingredients. I thought I got rid of every single ingredient?!, He thought while eyeing Ji Hyun.

 

“I’m just cooking some spaghetti, Uncle.” She said while getting the cheese. “It’s kind of weird tho. I bought the ingredients last night and when I looked for the ingredients, it disappeared. Oh well, Mei Rong eonnie is out, buying ingredients with Yong Mi eonnie.”

 

Kyun Hyun starts sweating. Is she on to me? He worriedly thought while avoiding Ji Hyun’s gaze. “Really? That’s weird. Oh! Ji Hyun, sweetie, can you go get my phone in my office?” Ji Hyun nods and said, “And could you watch and taste the sauce if it okay or something?” Kyun Hyun just nodded in response and turned his back at her.

 

Ji Hyun then left the kitchen and went straight to Kyun Hyun’s office. Meanwhile…

 

“Where’s the wine here?” Kyun Hyun starts rummaging every single cabinet there is in the kitchen. After all the rummaging and stuff, he finally found what he was looking for. “Found it.” He smirked and walked towards the spaghetti sauce.

 

He looked around, only to see no one. He pulled out a corkscrew and inserted it in on the cork. He started twisting, not too far into the cork nor far enough. He then begins to dislodge the cork and after that, he pulled it.

 

POP!  

 

There goes the cork. He then poured one-fourth of the wine into the saucepan, filled with the spaghetti sauce. He placed the cork back and hid the wine bottle somewhere else. He then starts stirring it.

 

He then pulls a teaspoon from the drawer, dipping the head of the teaspoon to the sauce. He then brings the teaspoon to his lips then places it inside his mouth.

 

“Urgh. It doesn’t match her homemade spaghetti sauce.”  He whispered to himself and smirked. “Uncle, I could find your phone.” Ji Hyun said, startling Kyun Hyun. “O-oh? I’ll go look for it then.” He left immediately, without hearing Ji Hyun.

 

"We're back!" Mei Rong cooed, holding a bunch of paper bags on her arms, with Yong Mi trailing behind her. "Thank goodness you're here! Now, could you taste the spaghetti sauce?" Ji Hyun asked, earning a nod from the two. Mei Rong and Yong Mi grabbed a teaspoon and tasted it.

 

"I-it tastes--" "Oh wait. I'm going to answer the phone!" Mei Rong said as she dashed out of the kitchen, leaving Yong Mi with Ji Hyun, who was waiting for her answer. "So, how is it?" Ji Hyun asked, making Yong Mi gulp. Should I tell her that it tastes horrible? Oh wait!, Yong Mi thought as she gave Ji Hyun a faint smile.

 

"It tastes like spaghetti sauce, Ji Hyun." Yong Mi sheepishly answered. "I'll just go and supervise the others. Goodluck!" Yong Mi hurriedly left and went to Eun Ji, who was now doing a good job on the linens. "How are you, Eun Ji eonnie?" Yong Mi asked, making Eun Ji look up.

 

“I’m doing a good job…. I guess.” Eun Ji said, transferring her attention back to the linens and cloths. “You’re doing a good job, eonnie.” Eun Ji just gave Yong Mi a smile and said, “Thanks. So, how’s everyone doing?” She just continued doing the dining table.

 

“I don’t know yet. I’m going to check on them. I’ll be right back, eonnie.” Yong Mi left and went to the living room, where Eun Hee was inflating balloons.

 

“Phew! Fifteen more to go.” Eun Hee whispered, loud enough for Yong Mi to hear. “Yeah yeah. After that you have to put up the banners. And by the way, those fifteen balloons should be inflated by helium.”

 

“Really? My job will be easy then.” Eun Hee smirked as she pulled the helium tank. “Oh wait, make that twenty balloons.” Yong Mi added, making Eun Hee whine. “Why? This is so much work.”

 

“Stop whining and get back to work, okay?” Yong Mi looked at Eun Hee who was gloomily nodding her head. “Good.” Yong Mi then left and went upstairs to check on Mi Rin and Faye.

 

“Phew! Finally, we’ve finish cleaning the rooms.” Faye and Mi Rin sighed as they wiped their imaginary sweat.  “Oh, you two are done?” Yong Mi asked.

 

“You bet! We’ve finish cleaning the rooms. And we’ll be cleaning the backyard now.” Mi Rin said, making Faye sigh. “Ohkay. Goodluck guys!” Yong Mi pumped her fist and went downstairs. “Ne~!” The two cooed and also went downstairs.

 

“Hey, Mei Rong.” Mei Rong looked at the owner of the voice. “Yes, uncle?”Kyun Hyun was now up to his next plan.

 

“Ji Hyun asked me to….”

 


 

Author's Note:

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating for such a long time. I have been having this 'Author's Block', wherein I could think of any ideas. I apologize if this chapter is quite boring and yeah. I really do apologize for the boring chapter. But, I want to thank all of you, all of those who have subscribed and commented on this story of ours.

And I hope you guys like this chapter. I'll try to update more frequently like I used to, before.

I hope you guys could understand.

xoxo

Winter_Breeze