Trapped

Tears of a Phoenix

Seung Hoon doesn’t hesitate for even a second, He rushes to the sides of the cage, banging and hitting the seemingly unbreakable mass. You simply stand there watching him, still thinking hard. You’re not sure of what Jongup is going to do to you, but as you switch your gaze to him, he smirks openly, enjoying Seung Hoon’s expression of fear and anxiety.

After a while of deep thinking, you call you to Jongup, hoping to put up a fierce front. ‘Hey, Jongup! I’ve got something to say to you, stupid.’ Jongup quickly turns, casting his amused stare at you. You try not to hold in your small flinch at his sudden turn but it seems he notices as his grin grows wider.

‘Yes, my lady? What can this poor, old servant whom you call ‘stupid’ do for you?’ he says calmly, with a slight bow. His sarcastic sincerity tugs on your anger, but his words bring an idea to your mind. ‘Let me out! This poor, old servant whom I call ‘stupid’ can let me out of this cage! I know you are controlling Jongup, by the way, Black Phoenix!’

Jongup raises his eyebrows, surveying your arrogant expression. You strain your brain, not sure of what to say next. He slowly steps up to the cage, holding one of the bars. ‘Why, of course my lady,’ he says quietly, rising up his arms as he did when he conjured the cage previously, completely ignoring your last statement.

You don’t believe your ears; even Seung Hoon stops banging, his eyes wide in surprise. As you both stare at Jongup in disbelief, he sighs. ‘Can you two please not look at me? I’d rather make this like a magic trick,’ he asks with his sarcastic polite speech. But you keep staring, just to make sure he doesn’t pull any tricks.

‘In other words,’ Jongup says loudly. ‘Close your eyes.’ He snaps his fingers and an unknown force pulls down your eyelids. No matter how hard you try, you can’t open them again. As you blindly struggle, you hear soft creaking sounds; like old tree branches in strong wind.

‘I’m finished, my lady,’ Jongup calls, snapping his fingers. Your eyes finally open; the world blurry. As your eyes adjust, you find yourself cornered with even thicker, black winding branches, the pointy ends curving down, threatening to stab you. ‘Why you-’ Seung Hoon yells from afar.

You turn to his direction to see Seung Hoon in the air, merely surviving by the vine twisting onto his leg. ‘Let me down!’ he screams. Jongup smiles maliciously as he clicks his fingers. The vine lets go, and Seung Hoon falls to the ground below, which was covered on the vine’s spikes. You flinch as you hear the horrid crunch of his bones.

Seung Hoon’s screams and yells of pain echo in your mind. You can’t take it anymore as you lunge forward towards him, forgetting the deadly pointy ends that surround you. Many point into your skin, but the closest one digs into your ribs, popping one of your lungs. You simply gasp in pain as more and more black vines grow over you, blocking the bright moonlight.

You don’t know how long it took you to die but all you saw was pitch black darkness; and all you felt was never-ending pain. Maybe you’re still alive. Maybe you’re dead. But all you know is that, you are trapped in this darkness forever.

The End. 

Have another adventure...?

 

Click here to go to the beginning. 

Click here to go to where the paths divide. 

Click here to go to your last decision.