Lee Seung Hoon

Tears of a Phoenix

 

A young man steps out from the shadows. ‘Lee Seung Hoon,’ says a clear voice. ‘Ah! Yes Seung Hoon! I brought you that girl,’ says Youngjae loudly. Seung Hoon keeps walking towards you, smiling.

He had beautiful brown eyes, and jet black hair. His clothes were slightly tattered but, nonetheless he was like a perfect being. ‘You,’ he points. ‘Your name.’ You don’t know what to do, you don’t know what to say, but as you stare at his smile you see something.

Your best friend, his name… was also Lee Seung Hoon. His smile is still the same: big and perfect. And his clothing style, the same random mismatch of colours. This was your best friend. ‘Do you,’ you whisper. ‘Remember me?’

Seung Hoon looks really confused, his smile fading. His eyebrows contract as he growls: ‘I don’t know you! Do you know why I called you?’ You shake your head wearily. The atmosphere is really awkward. Youngjae is randomly peeling bark off the tree, his eyes drooping, you are simply standing there, torn between the desire to walk up to Seung Hoon and give him a big slap in the face so he can wake up or to simply gape like a fish, and Seung Hoon is smiling at you again. He is so cheerful; you want to make him sad somehow.

‘Aha…’ Seung Hoon says curiously. ‘I got another person who wants you, you know…’ You stare at him. This isn’t the Seung Hoon you know. The other Seung was cheerful, happy, spaced out and naïve. This guy was also cheerful but he was sceptical, curious and straight-forward. Before you can open your mouth and question him with endless questions about your past, he calls out: ‘Daehyun!’

In a split second, you see Daehyun sprinting forward from the shadows. He grabs your arm and pins you against a tree. Your tiny golden phoenix squawks loudly, this time, it knows that it can’t help you in any way. ‘Now,’ says Daehyun quickly as you try to struggle free. ‘I’ve got… something I need from you. Wait for a few seconds and I will let you leave this place unscathed.’

He quickly binds you to the tree and slowly pulls out a knife. ‘No!’ you scream. ‘No! Let me go. Don’t you dare kill me you… you… JUST LET ME GO!’ Daehyun looks shocked. ‘Eh… Calm down. This is no doctor’s appointment,’ he sneers. ‘It will hurt less if you relax your body, my friend.’ Without further ado, Daehyun slashes your arm, the exact spot he did previously.

You weren’t ready for it, the pain is unbearable. He literally opened up old scars. As you fall to the ground, you notice Daehyun eyeing the golden phoenix, as though he were anticipating something exciting. ‘Not good enough for you, eh?’ he mutters to himself. He turns back to you, were you are clutching your arm, trying to stem the bleeding.

Daehyun P.O.V

That’s right. The moment I’ve been waiting for. I guess reviving that Lee Seung Hoon guy was the right thing to do. Her stupidity lured her into the middle of a forest. Seung Hoon promised to work for me after I brought him back to life. That girl should be thankful that I revived her too. I guess she doesn’t remember me from last time… I’ll have a bit more fun, since I told Seung Hoon to pretend that he didn’t know her. I feel so smart within a bunch of stupid idiots… 

What do you think? Is Daehyun going to have no mercy and another go at stabbing you? Or is he going to have mercy and let you go?

Click here if you get stabbed. 

Or click here if you're lucky and you don't get stabbed.