Prologue

Survival of the Fittest

 

"Don't worry Youngjae," Jongup soothed, patting the older boy's arm.

"But I messed up the choreography, Jonguppie," Youngjae replied, lowering his head to rest on Jongup's shoulder.

"I'm sure no one noticed," Jongup said. Lie. Youngjae performed a wrong move at the wrong time, nearly crashing into Daehyun as he was striking his long note. It was safe to say Daehyun was a little miffed.

"You're such a bad liar, Jongup," Youngjae replied, but Jongup could hear the smile in his voice.

"Don't worry kids, we'll be back at the dorm in five," came the driver's voice from the front seat.

Due to their main driver catching that awful flu spreading around Seoul B.A.P had to split into two groups, each going in a small car, instead of all of them in the minibus. Craning his neck, Jongup could see the other members in the car in front of them. Their car sped off as the one he was in had to pause at a red traffic light.

The streets were rather quiet, despite a concert having finished in the last hour. There was barely any traffic or pedestrians. There was a flu going around the last few days, and most people tried to stay indoors as much as possible.

As they turned the corner, the three in the car heard a scream.

Jongup whipped his head around (causing Youngjae to grumble as he lost his substitute for a pillow) as another, different scream echoed.

"What the...." Mumbled their driver as he turned another corner...

...Slamming on the brakes almost immediately to avoid hitting the person standing in the middle of the road.

"The ?" Yelled their driver. Youngjae straightened up, and Jongup felt a hand squeeze his.

They could see the person in the street by the light of the headlights. She looked female, but she was standing strangely, her shoulders and head slumped. In one hand was a brick.

The driver began to honk the car horn and the woman's head jerked up, looking at them with emotionless eyes.

The woman didn't move out of the way.

Instead she lifted her arm and flung the brick into the car, smashing the windscreen.

"!" Yelled Jongup in surprise.

The woman (as quick as a viper) sent her hand into the car, grabbing the driver by the neck and pulling him out through the broken windscreen, broken glass piercing his clothes.
He yelled and kicked, but before he could do anything, the woman bit him.

Whatever she was doing, ad she bit the driver's neck he stopped struggling.

After a moment of Jongup and Youngjae watching in stunned, shocked, fearful silence, the woman dropped the still driver, looking over at Youngjae and Jongup, a cold smile curling over her lips as blood dripped off them.

Jongup heard Youngjae gulp loudly. 

"Jonguppie?"

"Y-yes Youngjae?"

"I think we should run."

"Agreed."