...in the life of an S.M. Trainee...

S.M. Youth Star Audition - The Trainee Stage

"...So, I was wondering...where did you just come back from so late?" Asked Anna.

"Me?" I asked. "I just came back from an Mnet M!Countdown performance."

 

"What!?"

Mouths hung open.

Pupils dilated.

Legs ready to pounce.

"W-Whoa, calm down." I quickly add. "I didn't go to perform. I just went to watch."

"You should've taken us along!" Tatties complained, lying back down on her bunk.

"I only had one ticket..." I murmured, reaching for my bag.

"All for one and one for all!" Anna howled.

"Shush, there's no need to guilt-trip her." Sunshine hushed. "So, who did you get to see?"

"Hmm, there was SHINee, INFINITE, TEENTOP, Davichi, LEE HI, G.NA, Girl's Day and a few others." I recalled, scavenging through my bag.

"Oh! SHINee!" So-So exclaimed and clapped.

"Ahh..TEENTOP." Murmured Amu in a daze.

"Did you get to talk to them?" Sunshine asked.

"Yeah..kinda." I slowly replied. "They said their thanks..."

"...and I got signatures!" I called out whilst pulling the surprise gifts out of my bag.

*fangirl screams*

"I've got 2 Taemin ones for So-So and Sunshine; a Min Kyung one for Tatties; and 2 Chang Jo ones for Anna and Amu." I announce and hand out.

"Thank you! Thank you!! Thanks!! Thank youuuuu!"

It's been a long time since these girls have had such a bright smile on their faces.

 

 

---------

I hop off the bus and follow the crowd of bustling girls all heading towards the theatre of tonight's performances.

The end of the line reached the back of the building. Fans were cheering for the artists that made their way through the crowd.

M!net security guards were doing their best to control the crowd and to move the line quickly.

I hold on tightly to my ticket for if I'm not careful, the wind could pick it up and send it back where it came from.

"(I'm) sorry miss. Please come (with) me." The security guard spoke in broken English whilst directing me out of the line to follow him.

What's wrong? How did he know to speak English to me?

For the past month, everything about me has been Korean-fied. I learnt Korean, spoke, lived and breathed it. 왜요?

 

He led me around the back of the building and we entered from the backstage preparation rooms. 

Artists and staff were running about getting things done while we passed through them.

Before we reached the end of the hallway, SHINee exited out of the room on the left which seemed to be their make-up and prep room.

The security guard turned to glimpse back at me and gave me a silent nod of permission to speak aloud.

I slowed my walking pace and moved to one side of the hallway.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you for the first time!" I bowed and said aloud in well-practiced Korean as SHINee walked past.

"Yes, hello." Answered their leader, Onew, who stopped to reply. "Please enjoy tonight's show."

"Yes, Of course." I smiled and nodded.

 

I was escorted through the sides of the stage and to my seat in the front row. 

And not long after, the show was underway.