The Beginning and Ending

My Tree House Fairytale [ONESHOT]

 

I was a little boy back then. I always watch her from a distance, how I wish I could get near her, but I couldn’t. It was a very starry night at that time, I was walking alone cause I was very lonely at that time. My parents don’t have time for me, they always set their eyes for work, and I grew up because of that.

I was looking and walking around the playground of our subdivision when I saw a girl at a tree house, she was looking up the sky and was singing twinkle little star. I was really fascinated at her by that time.

Ever since that night, I always go to the playground and watch her from her tree house from afar. I couldn’t find the courage to come and talk to her.

Until one day, she was up in the tree house crying, singing that song again, so I took up all my courage and talked to her.

“Hey little girl? Are you fine? Why are you crying?”

“Huh? Who are you? Go away… I don’t want you here.”

“I’m sorry, but, I just want to be friends with you.”

“Really? You want to be friends with me?”

“Yeah…”

“Okay, then come up here.”

I hurriedly went inside the tree house.

“My name is Seung Hyun.”

“I’m Bom.”

“Why were you crying? Tell me, if someone bullies you, because I will kick them if they do.”

“HAHAHA you’re funny.”

“Then why were you crying?”

“Because my dad went to another country today, and I hate seeing him leave.”

“Oh, is that so?”

From that day onwards, we always hang out together in that tree house, it was our tree house, and we would always go together at the tree house. We spend half of our life there until; I needed to migrate to States. I was against it at first but then my mom didn’t leave me a choice so, I have to.

I told Bom about me migrating to the States, at first she cried a lot. Who wouldn’t when her only best friend would leave her? But, then I told her that I will be coming back. Even if I won’t promise her, I’m a man of my words; I’ll come back for her.

It was the day that I am leaving, I didn’t get the chance to see her for the last time, but I know someday I’ll see her soon.

When I arrived and I’ve been there for quite a few days, I don’t go out of my room, I don’t mingle with other people, Bom and I always talk, it’s me who always calls her, it would be either we chat or talk through phone, my life went a little easier until, one day, she told me that our close friend Youngbae, courted her and she answered YES.

After that very day, I didn’t talk to her, I always go out. Goes to bars dates girl after girl. I changed after that. I don’t check my email anymore and I don’t care about her. She always calls me at home but when the maids tells me that it was her, I would think of an excuse. I always busy myself, not minding that I’m also hurting. But, I don’t care.

One night, I was alone at our house because my parents went to a friend’s house for a party, and all the maids are having their day off. The phone rang. I insisted at first because it was very tiring, but then it rang and rang, as if the caller does know that there really is someone at home, so I hurriedly picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Seung Hyun? Is this you, please don’t hang up. I need you right now.”

It was Bom, I wanted to hang up, I don’t want to hear her voice, but then, as I listen to her, I know that she was crying.

“What do you want?”

“What happened to you? Why didn’t you talked to me, I missed you.”

“Can you just please get to the point, I’m busy”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know, I… I just wanted to have someone to talk to. I’m really depressed right now.”

“Why? Did you learn that Youngbae isn’t the one for you? And now, your running to me. I’m  not a person who could be there for you whenever you need someone, Bom, I have my own life!!!!”

“I know, you don’t need to rub it in me, I know it was my fault, but ever since you came there, you changed. You promised me TOP, you promised me that you will be there for me, but now, you’re also the one saying you give up. I’m sorry for the interruption and disturbance. I needed a friend, a best friend. And, I just wanted to tell you that I passed the examination in the school where you study, I just wanted to tell you that I wanted to be there with you, but, since you don’t want me, I guess I made the wrong decision.”

After that, she hanged up, I wanted to apologize, I missed her, I missed the Bom I admired and loved, I wish I could take back the words I said. Without any word, I drove myself to the airport. I need to have my flight now, luckily, I got a seat. Please wait for me… please do.

The very first thing I did when I came back was look for her, I looked for her in every place we used to go, but no sign of her, her mom told me she was crying when she left the house. I also spoke to Youngbae, he told me that the reason they split up was because Bom turned Youngbae to someone he doesn’t know. I also asked him if he saw her, but no.

I couldn’t find her, I wanted to give up when my feet brought me to our tree house. I got up there and saw Bom lying there, asleep. I watched her sleep, she sleeps like an angel, yet tear marks were all over her face, I know she cried herself to sleep. I got up and took the pillows from the couch and took a blanket from the drawer, our tree house is like our house, so we have our complete things there. I lied her down comfortably and put the blanket on her, I was supposed to get up when she suddenly hugged me while saying my name.

The next morning, I woke up hugging her, she has the puzzled look.

“Good Morning”

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the States? And I hate you for saying those words to me.”

“I know, and I’m sorry about that. You know me when I’m angry especially when I’m jealous. Okay I admit it, I LOVE YOU!!!!”

I know, that’s why I LOVE YOU TOO…

And that’s how our story was; it was still the beginning of the new path that we took together. But, we started at the tree house and we ended in the tree house.

Choi Seung Hyun now signing off, this is the end of our TREE HOUSE FAIRYTALE… <3