the cliff-hanger

You turned my world upside down

days, weeks, and even months passed by with Yoseob Oppa growing even more thoughtful through time. he showed consistency in his concerns and would take extra care of me. which i was always thankful for. still, i didn't ignore my job to take care of them as well. not just Yoseob Oppa, but Beast as a whole.

today's my 4th month with them and I've definitely grown closer with the guys. Dong Woon and i are now "camera" buddies since we always take pictures together... or take stolen shots of the guys while they're sleeping, eating, or making weird faces. of course, Dong Woon is not an exception. i have tons of pictures of him yawning, sneezing, and even picking his nose... but he doesn't know that yet. Ki Kwang Oppa and i became exercise buddies... he whips me into shape... or at least that's what he thinks... i just eat chocolate beside him at the gym. Doojoon oppa made me his walking diary of the chronicles of his sports adventures.... which is kind of fine, i like sports, anyway. Junhyung Oppa made me his personal webster's dictionary, always asking me "Yui, what do you call this in english?" or "Yui, what does this mean?" every time he writes lyrics. i had finally realized what people meant when they referred to Hyunseung oppa having a 4D personality... well, he's just really enthusiastic about stuff... and he has a lot of questions about a lot of stuff... a lot. as for Yoseob oppa, well, he still never fails to deceive me with his child-like looks that stands in contrast with his man-like abilities and personality. i have finally seen them perform on stage and boy, let me tell ya... these guys are the bomb!. i don't even know how that happens... they're all dorky and really normal off stage but on stage... woah... no wonder why girls swoon over them. 

i also became aware of the music industry... the other artists, as well. i met Beast's label mates, 4minute and G.Na. they all look super pretty, they look like goddesses. what's even worse is that they're all really nice and sweet, too. but it didn't really come off as something new to me since i had model-material friends like them, too. so the pretty faces and the slim figures don't impress me much anymore. i've already gotten used to it. anyway, what has gotten even more surprising is Yoseob Oppa's atiitude towards me. like last last week, we all went to L.A. for their performance at a kpop festival there. 2 days before their performance, we all went out and ate at a restaurant. i was wearing a skirt that went up to the middle of my thigh. it's not like it's my first time wearing it... it's just their first time seeing me wear it. anyway, Yoseob oppa and I sat beside each other. i was sitting at the end of the table. we started eating when he suddenly took off his jacket and told me to cover my legs with it.

"why? what's wrong?" 

"nothing. just cover it."

"what's wrong, yoseob-ah?" Junhyung Oppa asked.

Yoseob oppa leaned over and whispered something to Junhyung Oppa. Junhyung Oppa looked over somewhere and relayed the message to Doojoon oppa... Yoseob oppa soon stood up and told me to change places with him.

"what's going on? what was all the whispering about?"

"nothing. just eat. here, have some of these." yoseob oppa said as he handed over a spoonful mashed potatoes to my plate.

i noticed Doojoon and Junhyung oppa throwing glances at each other then to Yoseob.

Yoseob oppa was protective over me that night. he never left my side and made sure i had my legs covered with his jacket. he stayed beside me the whole time, glancing aroung every once in a while, still making sure i wasn't exposing my legs. seriously, do my legs look that awful that he's asking me to cover it the entire time? sure, they're not half -- well, not even close to half of SNSD legs... but hey, they look pretty decent to me. i wonder what's up with him this time.

we got back to the hotel, eventually, and went to our seperate rooms. a few minutes later, Doojoon oppa knocked at my door and asked me if i wanted to go get something to drink with them but i declined, saying that i was tired already. he said that Yoseob oppa's at the other room by himself and that he didn't want to come with, either. that made me remember his jacket that was still laying by the bed. i sneaked out, carefully as possible, and knocked on their room. he opened it and asked me to come in before somebody sees us.

"uhm... Doojoon oppa said you were here by yourself and i.. uhm... i just wanted to give you back your jacket... here... for whatever it's worth, thanks--"

"a guy was checking you out back there."

"huh?"

"just so you know... he was staring at your legs... then whispered something to the guy next to him... then they started smirking like erts... i got irritated and asked you to change seats with me."

"you're kidding, right?"

"do i look like i'm kidding, Yui-ah?"

"no--"

"they were checking you out! of course i had to do something! of course i had to protect you!"

"YOU had to protect ME?"

i asked in amazement. why do i feel like this guy's taking too much responsibility of me?

"you don't have to do that opp--"

"i don't ever want to see you wearing short skirts like that when we're going out."

"wait, hold on... what do you mean when "we're going out"?"

"i don't want guys checking up on you like that, ever again! you got that? the way those two A-wholes looked at you earlier made me want to pull their erted eyes out..."

"okay... hold on... hold on... forget about them! why are you acting like this?"

i finally decided to confront him... he was just getting weirder by the day... something's definitely up.

"acting like what?"

"why do you care so much about me? why are you so concerned about me?"

"what do you mean why? i made a promise to you a few months ago, didn't i?... this is just me keeping that promise."

"are you sure that's all there is to it? 'cause i swear, sometimes, you make me feel like there's something else going on..."

that's it. i've had enough of this... he better spill the beans or else... or else... OR ELSE!.

"what do you mean there's something else going on? what else could there be going on?"

"i don't know... you tell me..."

"what do you want me to say?!"

"the truth. i wanna know why you're acting this way around me! sure, you're looking after me, and i never let an opportunity pass without expressing my gratitude to you... but you're starting to confuse me already! i've never been around that much guys before for me to know exactly what this is but i know enough to tell that there's definitely something weird going on!"

"do you really want to know the truth?"

"yes. i do."

"okay... ever since... day the very first day i saw you... i---"

 

just before he could even spill the beans, the guys came in... great. we were almost there! he was about to say it already... why must they come in now???