let the battle begin...

You turned my world upside down

oh, i forgot to tell you guys our sitting arrangment in the car. Joon Oppa's driving, i'm at the passenger's seat. Dong Woon, Ki Kwang Oppa, and Hyunseung Oppa are sitting on the front row while Junhyung Oppa, Doojoon Oppa, and Yoseob Oppa are at the back row.  We have at least 3 hours till their next schedule, which is another interview. which means they'd probably get asked the same questions they were asked earlier, again. imagine how that would be like. i can tell that the guys are tired... Junhyung Oppa and Doojoon Oppa already passed out... Dong Woon is doing something on his cellphone, Hyunseung Oppa is probably in Lala land with his earphones on, Ki kwang oppa's still trying to figure out the best possible comfortable position to sleep in -- he's been at it for a few minutes already, while Yoseob Oppa's just looking outside the window... 

a few minutes had passed and Dong woon, Ki Kwang Oppa, and Hyunseung Oppa finally fell asleep, leaving Yoseob Oppa, the only one awake. he was still staring out the window... anyway, i noticed Joon Oppa getting tired and since i knew how to drive, i suggested if we could switch places so that he could rest for a bit. and he gladly took the offer. soon enough, it was only Yoseob oppa and i who were awake. 

"Oppa, aren't you tired?" i asked out of curiousity.

"no, i'm okay. i don't usually sleep whenever we're on the road."

we were talking through the rear view mirror. I'd glance at him every once in while.

"really? why is that?"

"because i fear i might miss all the beautiful places we'll pass by."

this guy has got to be kidding me. that's MY reason! everytime my mom or my friends would ask me that on road trips, i'd always answer that! i created that line! how could he-- geez.

i was speechless for a moment... feeling a deep connection between us...

"Yui? are you okay?"

"oh, yeah. uhm... it's just that i think the same way, too, every time my mom or my friends and i would go on roadtrips. i never really liked sleeping 'cause i fear i might miss all the beautiful sceneries, too." i admitted.

"woah? really? well that's something new."

"what do you mean something new?"

"i don't know... most girls i know like to sleep during roadtrips."

"really? where's the fun in that? i mean, it's fun going on the road expecially during night time... you'd get to see bright city lights... just beautiful..."

"i know! i thought nobody appreciated that!"

"haha. me, too."

"you really are something, Yui." 

"eh? what something?"

he looked down for a second and shook his head then looked up and smiled at me.

"first, i bump into you so hard that it got me scared that i broke a bone in you or something but you just shrugged it off and you were still nice to me--"

"well that's because i know it wasn't you're fault that you bumped into me, either."

"i know. most girls would like go ballistic and really mad or they'd scream once they recognize me and hug me and stuff--"

"that's because you're an idol. people like you. especially girls."

"but how come you were so cool and calm back there?"

"well, i'm gonna be candid here. don't get offended, okay. but i've never been in to boy bands or boy groups or whatever. i absolutely had no idea of who you guys were or probably any other idols, for that matter."

"oh--"

"it's nothing, really. it's just that i focused on other stuff a lot while i was at school."

"oh. that's okay. we can start off fresh then..."

"what do you mean?"

"you can get to know who we truly are without prior knowledge of past rumors and other stuff."

"oh. is that a good thing?"

"of course! haha."

"haha. okay. i'm looking forward to that."

 

i smiled at him and he smiled back. whew. now that wasn't so awkward now, was it?

 

"do you have a boyfriend right now?"

 

ooopps. i spoke too soon, yet again.

 

"eh?"

"well, uhm... do you have a boyfriend?"

"oh... uhm... no. never had one since i was born."

"no way! you're definitely kidding me."

"eh? no i'm not. it's the truth."

"what? how come?"

"what do you mean how come? look at me, i'm not exactly the type guys would fall in line for--"

"that's impossible... i--"

before Yoseob could even finish off his sentence, Joon Oppa's cell phone rang. he answered it and Yoseob and I remained silent... until we got to the location for the interview. everybody woke up and for some weird reason, i noticed Doojoon Oppa smirking while stealing glances at Yoseob and I.

 

Doojoon's POV

 

these kids... even a blind person could tell they like each other! Yoseob-ah... have you ever heard of "going subtle"? seriously, that kid's already waering his heart on his sleeve... on the very first day!

i bet this will be pretty interesting...