Chapter 1

You're different. I like that.

Soon-Young's POV

Its been 2 months since mum and I moved into this new homestay. Its not big, but this could do. We could get an apartment but this one is way cheaper. Ever since my dad passed away because of leukimia, everything changed so fast. We lost love one, our home, half of our stuff and most importantly, most of our life. Thats just goes to show that we were depending too much on dad. 

Its a good thing that mum keeps these phone cards whenever we go somewhere on a vacation before, its easier to survey where can we stay. At least it helped us to find this homestay.

Just a few more weeks to go before school starts. Mum decided to send me to boarding school, but, c'mon. Where can we get the money to pay the fees? I mean, isn't boarding school's fees expensive? Exactly.

So mum and I both agreed to just send me to a normal school which just happens to be just a few metres away. Thats an advantage. It may not be famous like any other elite schools, but its enough for me.

To be honest, I dont really wanna go to school. I don't even wanna go and repeat all the memories I used to face a few years ago. Being teased, insulted and booed at. The girl that was always called as the isolated girl. Well, thats a whole different story. And besides, I don't really want to burden my mum. Won't she have to work hard for both of us to make a living.

I tried to talk to her, but she still won't listen. She said that I need education. Don't let my knowledge go to waste. I don't give a damn about it, but she is my mum after all. So I decided to go along with it.

Normal POV

The sound of the alarm clock starts as it strikes six thirty in the morning. Soon-Young woke up and stretch her arms out. She looks out the window that was right above her which requires her to get up. Her room is located in the attic since theres only one room and her mum sleeps in there.

She gets ready and started doing her hair. Braided it. She reach for her glasses and wore them. As she looks out the window again, she let out a sigh. Its a whole different view since she's living somewhere else now. Better get used to it, she thought.

She walks to her mum's room just to check up on her. Unfortunately, her mum wasn't in there. Then she thought that her mum was probably at work. She get a glass of water for breakfast and head to school.

A lot of things are playing in her mind. She's feeling terrified and uneasy. Old flashbacks started coming back. Just hearing the word 'school' gives her goose-bumps. Soon-Young has a bad memory about school. She was always left out and always get insulted. Which since she couldn't tell anyone about it because she was scared.

A few minutes later, she entered her new school. Some of the students noticed her and started talking about her since this is her first day.

She repeatedly remind herself to not get it in her head and just walk to the school notice board to check which class is she in. She started to cool down as she discovered she gets to be in eth first class. A smile was on her face and she walk straight to class.

She walk and walk, but suddenly, she bumped into someone. "ARGH! Excuse me!" the person exclaimed. Both Soon-Young and the person fell to the floor. Soon-Young's heart started to beat as she heard it was a guy's voice. She started to act a bit awkward because she's not that good dealing with guys since she was always in an all-girls school.

She tilt her head a bit to see who it is. And her heart starts to beat faster as she saw a very cute face in front of her. "I-I-I'm sorrry!!" she apologized.

Who could the person be? I bet you all could guess (: