Waking up

New hurt-free memories

Yonghwa was running to the hospital counter when he bumped to Seohyun's doctor.

 
"Seohyun, she moved! Please see her. She's awake now!" Yonghwa said. Excitement and happiness clearly heard from his voice.They went to room 305 which is Seohyun's room. The doctor checked Seohyun's heartbeat and pulse while Yonghwa was holding her hand tightly. While conducting the check up, Seohyun's eyes twitched. The doctor called Seohyun's name softly.
 
"Seohyun-ssi." the doctor said.
 
"Seohyunnie please wake up." Yonghwa said almost begging.Seohyun's head frowned while she slowly opened her eyes.
 
"w-where am I?" She said hoarsly. Confusion crearly shown in her eyes.
 
"Seohyunnie, you're in the hospital. You got into an accident. You've been comatized  for 3 weeks." Yonghwa explained. No matter how people convinced him that it wasn't his fault, he still blamed himself for everything.
 
"What happened?" 
 
"Y-you got h-hit by a truck." he replied stuttering.
 
"Who are yo- Aww! My head hurts!" she creamed in pain. Yonghwa quickly went closer to her. 
 
" Are you okay? Doctor what's the matter? Why can't she remember me?" Yonghwa flooded the doctor with questions.
 
"We'll have a x-ray of her head. For now she needs to rest." doctor calmly explained.
 
The Next Day:
 
Seohyun was brought to the lab where she will have a physical examination and have an X-ray of her head. After the examination and X-ray, she was brought back to her room to rest but, she couldn't. She has a lot of questions that she wants to ask. While Yonghwa, on the other hand, was waiting for the doctor to explain everything.
Eventually the doctor told him to enter his office.
 
"Mr. Jung, according to the results, Seohyun is experiencing amnesia. There is only 30% possibility that she will regain her memories. Aside from that, everything seems to be fine. She will be released on Tuesday." Upon hearing this, he felt his heart being crumpled. He went back to Seohyun's room to check on her.
 
'She doesn't remember me.' that's what he's been thinking for hours while watching over Seohyun. 'No, I shouldn't give up! I do everything for her. I'll make her happy again. It doesn't matter that she forgot our memories together. We'll make new ones. And this time, I won't hurt her.