Final

Real Life Baozi

It was just a usual afternoon. The streets were crowded with people. They were busy with their own daily routines. Nothing unusual, until...

 

 

 

"Pleaseee~~~!!!" Luhan begged.

"You always take me here, and I'm getting tired of it!" Yixing yelled back.

"Oh, come on! I'll treat you~~~!!!" He cooed.

The other groaned. "I told you, not today! I don't have time for this, bye." He waved him off and walked away.

"Meanie!" He stuck out his tounge and turned his back, arms crossed to his chest. He was so hungry, probably about to die if he won't eat anything in another moment. Yixing had always eat lunch with him, but today he had an important meeting with famous music directors, probably offering him to join their company. And he'll eat more fancy and expensive lunch with them.

Lucky unicorn, now what will I do? He didn't like eating alone, even though he was dying of hunger. He walked towards the shop angrily, but he calmed down when he smelled the scent of those delicious steamed buns.

Luhan smiled unknowingly, this is why he chose them as his favorite food, they always make him feel relaxed. Maybe he didn't need Yixing after all. He just have to order for his food, give his money and leave.

 

 

 

"Hi there, what do you like to order?" The guy in the counter caught Luhan's attention. Not because of the voice, but because of his appearance. He stared at him for awhile, but another guy snapped him back to reality. "Luhan! The usual order, right?" Kyungsoo gave him his order and recieved a nod. He gave him his money, but not like his plan before, he didn't leave.

Minseok, he noted his name after glancing at his name tag. He never heard or seen him before. But their boss sure is good at picking employees. The guy named Minseok looked friendly, and looked like the shops main dish too! He should be the shops mascot! But he didn't really have to wear a baozi costume cause he already looked like one!

"Ah, I'm sorry, I'm new here. You must be our loyal costumer. Nice to meet you. Luhan, right?" He asked just to make sure he heard his workmate right just now. Again, the other just nodded.

At first, Minseok wasn't sure of the name. It sounded like a Chinese name...? He didn't know anything about Mandarin, so he didn't know if it's a boys name or a girls name. But he was extremely sure that Luhan was a girl. He's pretty! Or in Minseok's word; She's pretty!

He suddenly remembered his mum's words; When you meet a girl, be nice to her! I haven't heard about you having a girlfriend. You're not getting younger. He remembered that he blushed when she finished. Yes, he never had a girlfriend and he's definitely not getting any younger, despite his babyfaced look.

This maybe a good chance for Minseok. He decided to get to know of this girly looking guy. Then he noticed that the other was still in the same position as before, and he was still staring at him.

"Yah! Don't waste our time!" Some guy yelled from the back. Luhan bowed to Minseok for the last time after he realized he was spacing out and left. The other bit his lip. No wait, don't leave now! He scratched the back of his head.

"I'll cover for you, go!" Another workmate hurried him like somehow he knew the other was thinking. "Thanks, Jongin." He ran away from the before even telling his boss.

 

 

 

"Luhan! Wait!" He grabbed the other's wrist. Luhan blushed suddenly by his action, then he turned his back. He gave him his blank expression again. He wasn't nervous, he wasn't afraid, he was actually, on the inside. He was too happy, that words and even his action couldn't do anything to express it.

He was happy because he met Minseok, who he never knew existed, who he was excited for because he looked a lot like his favorite food. It's like his favorite cartoon character came to life. All this time, his wish of dating a steamed bun (well, he's really obsessed), unapproved by his friends and parents, he had a chance now! This was too good to be true, for a baozi addicted like him.

He would do anything to get closer to him, he would go anywhere with him, too bad the other didn't know. Minseok was nervous, he couldn't think of anything. He couldn't just tell him how he felt, not to a stranger, even though he's his costumer but they just met. Maybe it wasn't the right time, but Luhan thought the exact opposite; Anytime especially now.

 

 

 

"Here's your change." Minseok made an excuse, a lucky coincidental excuse. Luhan forgot to take his change before anyway. He felt himself stupid as he took the money, bowed and left once again. The others surrounding them were amused by the slightly romantic scene in the middle of the city.

The other also bowed before leaving, he sighed in relief. Hey, at least I did what my mum told me; be nice. He just wanted to have some time to think first before he does another move. He needed to be comfortable with this "girl" first.

Luhan, in the other hand, was a little disappointed and upset. He didn't feel the same way? He didn't blame him though, and he won't give up on him either. He smiled confidently. From now on he will come to the shop alone, he didn't want his friend to ruin or worse; them.

 

"Really?" Yixing felt relieved, he has more time for himself now! "Wait, what makes you do that?" He asked curiously. Luhan smiled again like an idiot, making the other even more curious.

 

 

 

"Because I met a real life baozi."

 


okay, this was kinda short. finally, a xiuhan oneshot where none of them are sleeping! i noticed i've been writing about sleeping figures on my previous fics lol staring at sleeping people is my habbit, and i accidentaly almost wrote another fic like that again, kay too much information