Pumpkin spice latte

Coffee escapade

"We're going to go out of business if you don't get your back in the kitchen, chef!" I reprimanded, catching the shikshin out again in the morning.

"Ah, you're such a ruthless boss." Sooyoung rolled her eyes while adjusting the cuffs of her chef's uniform.

"That's because I'm running a business here, not some charity dating house." I jeered. "Now get your back inside. The orders will not cook for themselves."

"Just five minutes more. Yoona's there anyway." Sooyoung whined, peeking again through the display shelves to look at the far corner of the cafe.

"What do I pay you for if Yoona's there to cook everything?" I japed some more. I didn't mean any of what I had said but a part of me was starting to get annoyed from Sooyoung's stubbornness. Business was still business no matter how lovestruck you were. "C'mon. Chop Chop. We're gonna have to speed up, lunch will be here anytime soon."

"Aish. Alright. Fine." Sooyoung waggled her head. She finally succumbed to me but before she could crawl back to her cave, she made a face, crossing her eyes and gritting her teeth. I only laughed at how random my head chef was. She was crazy but she sure was the best around, of course, along with Yoona as her assistant. The cafe was much more livelier, not just for their food creations, but also because of their awesome personalities.

I watched the towering girl trudge slowly into the next room. My cheeks went up again. I wouldn't know what to do if those two didn't help me on putting up this business. They've been my confidante for more than a year now and I'm more than thankful they've become my two closest friends here in Korea.

Hands on my hips, I pivoted and scanned the cafe. I lifted my hand up and anxiously nibbled on my thumb, checking on every detail.

"I wonder where all my shares in this company go." Sooyoung said, sticking her tongue out as she popped out once again by the door frame. I turned back around and shook my head in disbelief. What a hard headed chef!

"What shares are you talking about? I'm the big boss here" I chuckled, snapping my fingers while Sooyoung just rolled her big brown eyes. She her heels and I grabbed her by the shoulders, softly shoving her to the place where she belonged. "Now go! Or I'll fire you."

"Ha! Like that will happen!" Sooyoung mocked. "You're just lucky that Taeyeon-ssi of yours is not here yet."

"Oh really? So should I go to Sunny then and put a good word for you?" I whipped back, gently prodding Sooyoung again to take her steps forward and playfully smacked her not-so-evident .

Sooyoung stopped in her tracks causing me to also halt behind her. "Tiffany, you wouldn't dare."

"I won't if you do your job." I laughed again and finished it off with my eyesmile.

"I really should have started my own restaurant than invested myself in this cafe." Sooyoung muttered crossly and stomped her way towards the prep room.

I cupped my hands over my mouth and whooped. "Love you Sooyoung!"

"Yoona! Come on! Let's get this kitchen buuuurning! Big boss is on her period again!" I heard her yell, thankfully diluted in the sounds of people and machines busying in the morning.

"I am not!" I shouted back laughing. Sigh. Sooyoung never failed in making each working day interesting.

I followed the line of sight of where Sooyoung was. As expected, she was spying again on that radio DJ from the broadcasting company not far from here. Her blonde hair always stood out from the crowd and she was sure busy again playing games in her handheld game platform.

Why can't that giant just go out there and introduce herself rather than cowering behind the stove? Sunny is one friendly gal and if my memory serves me right, that girl is interested in both men and women. 

Pondering on whether I should help Sooyoung out, I realized how reserved that giant was compared to me. I really shouldn't get in her way, I ruminated. I was way more different---aggressive like a hungry lionness in the wild. I usually got what I wanted and I rather got a bit spoiled that way. Sooyoung was kind of a giraffe when it came to this department.

I looked over my shoulder and inspected every detail in the cafe. Oh well. Back to work. 

Stocks were good, refilled and more than enough for today's service. Sooyoung and Yoona were in the kitchen making food. Taemin and Minho were manning the register and counters. Customers were lining up and sitting down to eat. Perfect. Everything was running as smoothly as I would have predicted.

Now, there was only one thing more that could complete my day.

I fished my phone out of my pocket and checked for my messages. On top was Taeyeon's last message for me the night before and I had the uncanny urge to read it all over again.

"I know it's late. You must be asleep but I just wanted to thank you for the scarf. It was warm. And also I wanted to say goodnight....This is Taeyeon by the way. Ughmm...so yeah...good night Tiffany."

It was cute. Almost neutral. Harmless. She really needed to step up her game if she wanted me or was it because she thought I wasn't flirting enough?

I could have replied to the SMS but I knew better. The cat had to play with the mouse. We'll see how far this thing could go.

Another chime. Another customer. I turned my head towards the door and there she was as if it was timed. She had those huge wayfarers again, hiding that beautiful face under black shades. She probably had a rough night with the radio show. Despite that, she still had that swag that I couldn't find from any other, girl or guy alike. She knew how to carry herself confidently, an aura of coolness and innocence I just couldn't deny.

I bit my lower lip as I scanned her from head to toe. Hmmm...now, if only she could take that swag and apply it by taking the proper advances on a girl. I didn't want to sound needy but that caramel kiss wasn't enough for what I could have wanted. I had to thank those ice cubes or else I wouldn't have known that Taeyeon liked me in some way, too.

Taeyeon scouted the whole cafe, particularly the counters and I couldn't help but break a smile. She was looking for me, obviously. I've played this cat and mouse game so many times before and it never got tiring. There was always that thrill of teasing.

"Tiffany-noona?" I heard a guy call my name. "Ah, noona. Can you help me out here?"

"Yeah. What's the problem Minho?" I asked, walking straight along the counters and drummed my fingers over the vinyl top. I chose to ignore. I still had my job of running this cafe. It would only be a nuisance to get distracted. Or maybe not.

"I still can't memorize how you made this new coffee in the menu." he said, scratching his head. "This pumpkin spice latte."

"Oh. Didn't I demonstrate this to you yesterday?" I said, pouting after. I usually did not demand much from my employees but I would have expected them to learn fast and execute results at par to my standard. Come to think of it, Sooyoung was right. I was a ruthless boss.

"I guess I didn't catch everything." 

He pulled up his sleeves up his arms and I knew any girl out there would be so envious to be me right now. He was a charmer for sure but I have to be honest with this kid, I really didn't liked guys fifty percent of the time. I've hit it off with boys before but they just didn't really click for me. I appreciated the male figure and their personalities but the past years, I've come to like girls. One of them particularly was now sitting with Sunny on the corner of the cafe.

Minho cleared his throat and I snapped back. Oh yeah Tiffany. No distractions, right?

"Okay so you start off with the milk and the pumpkin pie mix. Heat it up over the stove." I directed, taking a pot and a carton of milk. Spooning off 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin spice mix, I then stirred the whole mixture over low fire. I coaxed Minho to come over and pay attention. And he did so, almost too eagerly. He was less than an arm away from me but I didn't mind. Skinship was not a bother for me, unless she was someone hot. Hmm..someone...someone like Taeyeon. My, that girl was becoming more of a distraction.

Once I heated up everything, I added vanilla and a bit more pumpkin spice, throwing them all together in the Osterizer. "So after you mix the base, get it all foamed up." I said, pointing to the contraption and he just nodded. Blending the mixture into a frothy cream, I felt my phone buzz in my pockets. With one hand distributing the liquid into a tall cup, I then took my phone and flipped it in my hand. It was Taeyeon. Oddly, I could almost sense she was watching me from afar. 

I chuckled inwardly. I was having way too much fun with this. 

I panned my attention back at Minho and told him to grab a shot of espresso. Carefully, I added the caffeine-filled substance by the edge of the cup, allowing the froth to rise up instead of agitating the mixture. Quickly I turned around to grab the can of whipped cream and topped off the drink, ending it with some more sprinkles of the the pumpkin spice resting on the white fluff.

"That's it. You can then either add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg. Whatever you feel like adding. Got it?" I said with glee, casually on my thumb after putting a bit more cream than what I was supposed to.

"I think I can handle it from here." Minho pursed his lips. He was quite attractive for a young man. It was just unfortunate I didn't swing that way, anymore. "Thanks noona. That was helpful of you. I'll go with cinnamon."

"Nice. That would be my choice too." I said, giving him a thumbs up and a casual pat on the back. "So, are you sure you're okay now?"

"Yep." he smiled back, his hand around his nape. He was starting with a fresh batch when suddenly he cleared his throat. "Noona, one question though." 

"Shoot." I leaned back by the counter, swiping my thumb over my phone this time to open Taeyeon's message.

"Why put this in the coffee list?" he asked. "I haven't seen this elsewhere."

I crossed my arms over my chest and responded a matter-of-factly. "Ah. Well. This is rather famous back in the US. People go crazy over this drink to be honest. There was even a point that there was a shortage of this drink from a famous cafe that has that green lady face logo." 

"Really? That famous?" His eyes opened up, clearly surprised. I pulled up my cheeks and raised my shoulders, a habit when I did my eyesmiles.

"Yeah. And it reminds me of fall." I hummed. There were a lot of memories I'd attach to this season. Family. Friends. Love.

My phone showed the text.

"Good morning Tiffany. Are you busy today? - Taeyeon"

My cheeks rose up again. I spun around and looked past several customers to where Sunny and Taeyeon sat. She was talking to Sunny, quite engaged actually in the conversation. I hurriedly replied to her, wanting to see her reaction.

"Yeah. A bit. The cafe wouldn't run without me. Why? --Tiffany"

Taeyeon picked up her phone and was about to look my way so I immediately hid my hand and pretended to arrange some cup holders, packets of sugar and creamers on the side. My phone beeped once more before I could get on the next tray.

"I was wondering if you were free this afternoon. Have a cup of coffee with me or something?--Taeyeon"

I was giggling next to the coffee grinders. Oh my. Oh please Taeyeon. Coffee? Out of all possible things? I fumbled over the screen of my phone and typed in quickly.

"We're in a cafe, remember? And I own a coffee shop. You must be hungry. You should eat. You haven't had breakfast.-Tiffany"

Carefully, I slipped my phone temporarily into my apron's pockets and resumed on changing filters into the espresso machines. Taemin swooped past me, handing more coffee to customers and I glanced towards Taeyeon's table every now and then when I had the chance. 

My phone beeped and I could almost feel my heart jumping every time I heard my message tone. Funny how childish this was. She was right across the room and I was just behind the counters yet we were texting each other. She could have just come up here if she really wanted to ask me out.

"I already ordered. Sorry. It must have slipped my mind. I didn't really know what you wanted to have but I could go for anything when you have some time free.-Taeyeon"

Is she asking me out now? I giggled like a high school student inside. I was surprised Taeyeon had the guts to pull off such an invite this time.

Okay. Calm down Tiffany. I should try to reel in at this moment before the fish could break off from the line.

"Coffee would be fine. I got some break after lunch.-Tiffany." I recomposed myself, tapping the backspace button a few more spaces and then added a wink. That should do it. 

"We're going to go out of business if you keep on texting unnecessarily on people like that while you're supposed to be working... boss."

"Oh my God!" I cried out, panic suddenly spreading down to my toes. "Sooyoung! Geez, You scared the daylight out of me."

"Did I? Well, food won't walk out of the kitchen by themselves. Orders are up." Sooyoung said, both putting her hands on her small waist. "Get moving... boss."

"Then why didn't you call Taemin or Minho," I complained like a brat. Although I was the big boss around here, Sooyoung was still my business partner so we kind of had equal rights and she knew she wouldn't let me have my way around her.

"You're supposed to become server today." Sooyoung crossed her arms and peered on top, trying to see whatever I was doing on the phone.

I quickly jabbed the phone back into my apron's pockets and returned to snobbishly doing my job. "I can do the register. Let them do the tables."

"No can do boss. Some customers prefer your eyesmiles over their charms." Sooyoung pushed more on her banter. "Plus, I know you're itching in your to get to Taeyeon-ssi."

"I am not!" I stubbornly deflected. "Taeyeon and I are friends. Just friends!"

"Friends? Then how come you don't kiss me unnie?" Yoona budged in, carrying some plates and settled them by the counter top. She just came out of nowhere and both my chefs were now ganging up on me. "We're friends, too, right unnie?"

"What kiss are you talking about Yoona?" I narrowed my eyes. Sometimes, she forgets our age difference and comes up to me with casual indulgence.

"Oh please unnieeee~~~" Yoona pierced with her weird aegyo, backhugging me at the same time, her arms snaking around my waist. "I saw you two at the pantry the other day," she said, wriggling her eyebrows up and down. " was on top of yours. Wasn't that a kiss or has the description of that word been changed already?"

"It was the ice! She slipped!" I cried out, pulling off from the embrace. "Totally an accident." I mumbled in English, raising a finger. 

"Suuuuure." the two replied in unison, also in English. I bet that was the only word they've managed to learn from me all this time. 

Locked in between the twin towers was not fun and it was during these times I regretted not wearing my heels for work. They kept on prodding and teased whenever they had the sliver of chance. "Oh. Think however you two like. At least I get girls when I want to."

"Ha! I knew it." Sooyoung snapped her fingers and pointed at me, sarcasm painted across her face. "Since when did Hwang Miyoung treat her friends with coffee and go flirting on the phone?"

"Since coming out," I sneered. "Let's see. I've had one...two...three girlfriends already. How many have you had Sooyoung? You can't even step out of this counter to introduce yourself."

"Uh oh." Yoona swooned. "Looks like a cat fight coming. I better head back and ugh...cut some onions since someone's about to cry. Nice one Tiffany-unnie. That 'buuuuurned'."

"Oh, shush your mouth Yoona. I'll make you do all the prep work for tomorrow's service!" Sooyoung threatened, almost catching the younger one by the collar.

Yoona just made a turnaround and mock saluted to Sooyoung. "Yes, Chef Choi! Aye, aye captain!"

I hid a vulpine smile and turned back to retrieve my phone. Taeyeon should have replied to me minutes earlier. Yoona had already retreated to the kitchen but Sooyoung chose to remain by my side, leaning back to the side of the counters, oddly quieter than a few seconds ago.

"Why are you still here?" I took one of the napkins from the holder and wiped up a tray, readying to deliver some orders.

"Hey Tiffany. You sure about this?" Sooyoung nudged me by the shoulder.

"Sure about what?" I asked back, not detaching my gaze on the mobile device waiting for a reply.

"You and the girl by the corner." She tilted her head in that direction. I knew who she meant.

"Me and Sunny?" 

"Noooo." Sooyoung replied loudly, annoyed for sure by my intentional ignorance. "You and Taeyeon. You're not playing games are you? Coz you look like you are."

"I don't know." I cockingly smiled. "Maybe. Why don't you tell me?"

"Tiffany. Look. I've been your business partner and your close friend. I've seen you do this. You've practically jumped from one girl to another after coming back to Seoul." Sooyoung lectured. I wasn't really fond of her doing her I-know-what-you're-up-to sermons but I'll have to let this one off.

"And?" I jeered with overflowing sarcasm.

Sooyoung pouted, not happy at all that her words just went in by one ear and left the other. "Just giving a warning."

"Oh, come on. You worry too much about Taeyeon."

"I'm not giving her a warning. I'm giving you the warning. Karma strikes when you least expect it." Sooyoung swung her hips and hit me. A disdainful grimace returned her physical chide.

"Alright. Okay. Fine. I'll be careful." I raised my hands and threw the napkin inside the waste basket. Sooyoung just shrugged her shoulders and pushed herself off the counters to get back behind me. "Where do you think you're going?" I pulled her by her sleeves while juggling the tray full of food and a mug of coffee.

"Let go. I thought you wanted me back in the kitchen?" Sooyoung whined but I didn't follow. I had other plans ont taking vengeance in my hands. She should thank me after, though.

"Stop moving so much and just follow me, or else I'll drop all these orders." I frowned, tugging the giant behind me as I made my way over the far corner of the cafe.

"Tiffany, no!" Sooyoung cried out, wriggling her way to break free but I had a good grip on her. With much force, I pulled her up next to me but she stood with her back facing the customers.

"Hey guys. Good morning!" I greeted. Sunny and Taeyeon looked up and both politely returned my recognition.

I put down the food before them. Sunny had ordered a club sandwich this time coupled with the new coffee on the menu while Taeyeon was on her usual bland toast and jam, minus the espresso. Sooyoung took a step forward and I pulled her back again beside me.

"Hi girls. I want you to meet my head chef. Sunny, Taeyeon, meet Sooyoung." I introduced, spinning Sooyoung to face front. Sunny looked at her with glowing interest while Taeyeon casually nodded then inspected the food spread on their table.

"Hi Sooyoung. Nice to meet you." Sunny beamed, raising her hand. Sooyoung just stared at Sunny looking like a fool. I had to grab Sooyoung's arms and locked their hands together. That was when, I think that the giant realized she was shaking Sunny's hand continuously without uttering a word.

"She's pleased to meet you too, Sunny." I intruded and Sooyoung finally spoke after that. "Well, I leave you three to talk. I got other tables to serve."

Sunny and Sooyoung were quite in their own worlds after, doing casual first time meeting questions. I was about to leave when Taeyeon interrupted me.

"Tiffany, I think you forgot my espresso."

"No I didn't. You invited me for coffee remember?" I winked back. "So you'll get your cup later. See me at the counters by one."

Taeyeon turned crimson. Those shades could hide her eyes but her cheeks could tell all the things I needed to know.

"Oh, okay. See you then."

--------------------------

"Sooyoung! I'll be off for an hour. Take care of the register for me." I yelled into the kitchen and Sooyoung happily agreed to manage the business. I laughed in my head. Wonders what a lame introduction could do to that food vacuum.

"Minho. Have you got what I asked for?" I questioned as I wrapped a white scarf around my neck. 

"Yeah, here you go, noona. With cinnamon as you wanted." he said, reaching a grande cup of the latte for take-out. He took the liberty to also adjust my scarf, aligning it properly. I felt like a kid with an older brother tending to me.

"There. My noona's all pretty and bundled up."

"Thanks" I said back. As I turned around, I was surprised Taeyeon was already behind me, shades off but wearing quite a menacing glare directed at the lone male figure past me. I shrugged it off and pulled her outside but I was slightly pleased with the idea of potential jealousy swirling in Taeyeon's head.

"Where are we going? I thought we'll have coffee?" Taeyeon asked as soon as we stepped unto a breezy afternoon.

"We are having coffee." I said, raising the colossal take-out paper cup.

"But that's just one." she complained innocently. I just smiled back. 

"Well, you specifically texted that you wanted 'a cup of coffee' with me." I joked around. "So I got us one. We'll share."

I saw her swallow hard as she adjusted her tote backpack behind her. Taeyeon was absolutely adorable when she got all flabbergasted. 

"Here, have the first sip." I said, handing her the cup. She looked at me first, inspecting the sincerity of my words but before I could convince her further, she took it down and gulped.

"So how is it?" I asked, taking a step ahead of her and walked backwards briefly. 

"Good." She nodded, gradually warming up to the spice. "Actually really pleasant on the palate. I like it. I've never tried this flavor before."

"Oh, is it?" I asked, taking the coffee from her and sipped the brew. She watched me sip from the cup, the same side that she just took, clearly making it an indirect kiss between us. She was blushing and I knew it wasn't from the cold. I simply brought down the cup to my side and strolled along with her. "Oh yeah, it is good. Minho made it."

"Well, in that case. It then." Taeyeon flouted, jamming her hands into her coat's pockets.

I was celebrating inside. That expression could only mean one thing and it made me excited. Oddly, I was happy I was making this woman beside me jealous with the slightest actions. Her cold and unreceptive nature just made me more eager to warm her up. 

"I taught him all he knows. He wants to be a great barista too. He seems to be getting better and better at it every day."

I peeked at my side and Taeyeon was evading my eyes totally, almost like she was irritated with our topic. "Mhmm. Great for him to have a teacher like you then."

I could very well determine the tension in her voice. It was almost like reading a book I've read every night before I went to sleep. A point wherein you've mastered all the upcoming lines and the next stages of the plot. I just smiled again and chose to look around. The sky was bright and the sun's ray's have penetrated the row of trees lining up next to the park.

"Oh. The trees have changed color." I raised my head, admiring the palette of warm colors decorating the nature around us.

"Yeah. Beautiful aren't they?" she commented. I just hummed as I took another sip of the pumpkin latte. She then followed it up, slowing down her steps as we sauntered the paved parkway. "But still not as beautiful as you, I think."

My cheeks rose up. I knew that line too well but I would have to agree. That line never failed to make a female's heart swell. I think I've used it before, myself. "Cliche but it works" I mumbled. She just cleared awkwardly. Sigh. I must be still giving her such a hard time. Wait. Why would I even care? This is a game I've been playing too often to even bother. I offered her more of the coffee and surprisingly she agreed, taking in more gulps. Maybe it was because it was cold, or maybe because she was trying to calm her nerves down.

I walked a bit more and sipped on 'our' latte. The coffee was starting to get cold from the weather. I was hoping the cup would have warmed my hands while strolling but it seemed like my hypothesis was turning out to be wrong. I shuddered and rubbed my hands together over the paper cup.

"Cold?" Taeyeon asked, peering at me by her periphery.

"Yeah, a bit." I responded, still rubbing my hands. My heart was warm but my fingers were cold as popsicles in an icebox.

I saw Taeyeon raise her right hand and she grabbed hold of mine. Slowly, she peeled my hand off my side and plunged both our hands in her pocket. Taeyeon seemed to be getting bolder by the minute and I couldn't complain. I actually liked how she shyly made her moves on me.

"Warmer?" she asked, fidgeting. She was still nervous under the facade. How cute.

"Yeah. Definitely." I replied, my cheeks surely blushing. As of then, I was curious of her. I wanted to know bits and pieces of her, something different from the past flings I had. "So Taeyeon, what else do you do?"

She was quiet at first, carefully testing the waters but something about our hands molded in her pockets made her open up. "Write." she calmly stated like it was the most disinteresting information about her. I noticed her focusing on her steps intead while taking small glances at me. "I have this blog thing that I do and I sometimes help with other radio broadcasting stuff. As you already must know, I do this radio program every other night and sometimes I do write scripts for other radio slots. Sometimes I also help the team out with editing for videos and ads. Might be boring stuff for a barista."

I shook my head to disagree with her last statement. "Hmm, so that's the reason why you spend most of the time writing on your Ipad at the cafe." 

"Yeah." she cleared again and I gave her the coffee which she drank thriftily.

"You should show me your blog sometime. I'd love to read what you write." I said, gently prodding on her with my hand in her pockets.

"Ah, maybe..." she paused and abruptly changed her mind. "Actually no." She progressively became more quiet after that. Her words seem to have transcended to her palm as I could feel beads of sweat forming between our hands. She squeezed my palm and tried again."I... I'm not too confident with it. I just write random stories. You know, sometimes about same gender stuff. Just some piece of creative writing. It's like my outlet. Noone knows except for Sunny that I author them. I think I'd be dead if the public would come to know I write gay romance."

I could perceive her slight sensitivity to the topic so I didn't pry. I playfully took steps a foot ahead of the other in line and asked her something that quite bothered me about her, ever since I met her.

Even though we had not known each other for too long, I didn't find it hard to come ask a straightforward question at her. "So Taeyeon, you're a lesbian, right?"

She suddenly jerked and looked around, nervous. It was as if she was checking out whether people nearby could hear our conversation. She then looked at me, eyes stricken with guilt. I understood by then her secret identity. "Sorry. I'm not really that out. I've dated girls before but all were in secret. I kind of attract too much attention since I'm kind of a public figure. There are only a few people who knows about it and I really do not want to welcome any sort of scandals. Society is already homophobic as it is here. But to answer your question...yes, I'm a lesbian. I've been one since birth."

I couldn't help but chuckle at her humor but there was that sad tone. It must have been really difficult trying to live double lives when you're in such a limelight.

"Hmmm...now I understand. It's okay. It takes time to adjust. Plus I know not everyone is too welcoming to the idea. I guess it is really quite different here than somewhere else, like back in California" I assuaged her. It felt so ironic talking about keeping things hidden when my hand was basically intertwined with hers in her jacket. "I guess it's a bit harder for lesbians like you holding it all in here."

She raised her brow, obviously baffled. "Why, aren't you?"

I smirked for awhile. I didn't know how she would take this.

"I'm bi."

She was suddenly quiet, unable to reply even with a brief hum.

"Disappointed?" I asked, softly caressing her palm under her grip.

"No." she timidly said, while releasing a sigh. "It's just that there's more competition. Girls and guys would like you the same way and the other way around."

I laughed victoriously in my head. Gotcha Taeyeon. "So you do like me?"

She opened but no words came out. Bingo. Reeled in, a net under her and she was like a fish out of water, mouth gasping for air. 

"I'll take that as a yes." I smiled triumphant. I pulled off my hand from her pockets and looped my arm around hers. This way, we were closer. Warmer. And she didn't resist.

We strolled a bit more and discussed random facts about anything under the sun. She was actually very lighthearted to talk to, almost no pressure; it was like friends but more than that. My heart kind of jumped a few more beats than normal and I knew something was going on. I came to know about her other passions in life and I was quite surprised to know a bit also about her job and her family. She was becoming that piece of book that I always had as a bedtime story but surprisingly, there were new chapters added as I turned each page for a new leaf.

By the time we realized it, the coffee was almost empty and my one hour break was almost up. It would have been great to spend more time with her but I had to be a responsible entrepreneur. Business was business no matter how lovestruck you were.

"Well, I enjoyed talking to you today," I said, taking the paper cup from her hands. "You were very much a gentlelady."

"Me too," she replied, swinging her arms like a small child. "Hope we could do this another time. I mean. If you have free time or I have free time. Basically when we're both not so busy." She kicked a random pebble by the pavement and sheepishly rubbed her neck, "Oh you know what I mean."

"Mhmm. So, is that another invite?" I asked amused. We walked a bit further and we were about two shops before my cafe.

"I guess." she smiled for the first time today. Something about her smiles made it more enigmatic than the Mona Lisa's. "Maybe have another cup of coffee. I did like that one. I don't even know what it's called but I do like it."

"Pumpkin spice latte," I informed her.

"Ah, yes." she looked down, still flustered. "I'd remember that then. It's a taste of fall."

A clement smile broadened my lips. She was absolutely right.

"You know, the spiced pumpkin and cinnamon combination usually made me remember that fall had come," I commented while she nodded gingerly.  "But I think now, it's even better. It's a whole lot better because everytime I talk about fall this time, I think I would no longer talk about the season." I mused as I walked up back the cobblestone steps going back to my cafe. "You know what? I think I'll be talking about falling in love."

"Really? With who?" Taeyeon asked, clearly curious, stopping in her tracks.

I spun around and gave her the best smile I could. I walked up to her slowly. She was about to step back again but before she could run off from my gaze, I took her by the wrist and I stepped closer. I bent my head lower and brought my face beside her, just a few inches from her ear. Surprisingly, she didn't move back this time and I had to smile knowing she kind of froze up again. Softly, I whispered, making sure  my breath was sultry and airy, enough to entice anyone. "Taeyeon?"

She was breathing in shallow huffs but at least she was able to respond. "Yeah Tiffany?"

"Maybe I would be falling in love with you..."