Caramel macchiato

Coffee escapade

 

I lay down on my bed facing my blank ceiling. A solitary fluorescent lamp and fan broke the endless white background. The sun had already crept up the horizon, peeking through the green blinds of the only set of windows in my room.

Another morning, another day. 

Raising my hand to block the ray of sunlight that had crawled up to my face, I groaned from the terrible spasm I was feeling from my back. I decided to rest my hand on my forehead a bit longer and my eyes blinked a few more times. I was up all night this time, tossing and turning for no apparent reason. I couldn't sleep; I couldn't even close my eyes without thinking of her. My mind drowned in a pool of her visage and my eyes wandered hoping I'd get a wink.

 

Hmm... a wink. Why do I wish Tiffany would be doing that to me again?

 

My heart fluttered and my stomach churned, like a thousand butterflies broke free from their cocoons and took flight. I couldn't hold in all running emotions, all willing to shatter my chest in voluminous excitement. My mind was again raided by thoughts of the girl who owned that cafe. Her perfect angelic face, the rosy cheeks, that melting smile and the eyes that could drown me into an ocean. I reached again to my lip and felt the short slice through my skin. My lips broke into a smile and I felt myself grinning like a fool alone in my room.

 

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I laughed like a deranged lunatic alone on my bed. "Stop this , Tae. There's no room to be asinine now."

 

I got up finally, moving my blue constarched sheets aside. My feet found themselves in the soft furry slippers I've treated as my comfort pads and I lingered head bent on the side of my bed. It felt oddly so good to rise too early in the morning as I panned my gaze on the carpeted floor.

My mood was adequately up but it wasn't enough to make me pick up the pillows that have fallen to the sides of my mattress. Raking my hands through my hair, I sighed aloud and stretched my hands high up in the air. I could feel the aches from my muscles once again, pulling into their limits from my lack of diligence in exercising.

 

"Well, gotta get moving." I said, bending sideways and front. I rubbed my eyes and suspired.  

 

Slipping into my bathroom, I inspected my overall appearance in the mirror. As expected, I had huge panda eyes taking most of my face and I could very well pass as a mascot in a theme park without drawing a costume. I tapped the faucet and running water gushed out like a waterfall.

The cold water splashed against my face and amidst water dripping from my jaw line, I stared back at myself in the mirror eye to eye.

 

"You are seriously going crazy, Taeyeon" I mumbled. "Seriously delirious. Will you stop thinking of her? Stop it. Really."

 

After a few minutes later, I found myself walking down the streets away from my apartment and I was wearing my casual wine colored shirt and motorcycle jacket. I had my wayfarers on to hide the dreariness in my eyes and I was lugging my backpack over my shoulder. It was a nice mid-October today, not too chilly as I would have expected in the early morn when the sun was just out peeking from the clouds.

 

With one earphone plugged into my left ear, I slowly listened to my jam, opposite to the mellow sappy songs I play at night at the station. Looking sideways before I was about to cross the street, I had felt someone hook his or her arm around my neck. Without even guessing, I already knew who it was, judging aslo from the sun's glare from the pixie blonde's head.

 

"You're up really early today Tae," I heard her chuckle with pure glee, "You wanted to see me, didn't you?"

 

"Why would I?" I asked dryly while putting my iPod on a pause. I raised my chin up and scouted the bright blue sky.

 

She hopped in front of me as we walked through the pedestrian,  She walked backwards in semi-bunny hops while I advanced coldly.

 

"Sigh...you're colder than what I expected but I guess always the anti-cupid, are we?" Sunny sarcastically said. I nodded in affirmation while she rolled her eyes. "Well, a good and warm morning to you Tae. Hope that melted you up a bit."

 

"More like froze me to death..." I muttered, focusing on my steps rather than her.

 

Sunny was one of radio DJs at the broadcast station who had programs that filled out mine during the week. She takes the Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday schedule while I took the other days and leaving Sunday out. This blob of cheery pixie lived nearby and we often bumped to each other, intentional or sometimes just pure coincidence like now. Though she always considered me as a close friend, I probably just got so used to her hanging around where I was and considered her a good nuisance. I didn't mind her company but her childish antics makes me barf more often than I would want to.

 

"Hey Tae. Have you eaten? I'm gonna grab some grub at Pink's. Wanna join me?" Sunny beamed, taking me by the arm and clinging to me like a cicada on a tree.

 

"Uhmmm...no I haven't." I huffed, slowly easing myself off her grip. "As for food, I guess, yeah. I go there for brunch anyways."

 

"Awesome!" she exclaimed, full of toe-curling aegyo. I just rolled my eyes behind my shades and chuckled. Yep. Childish.

 

Swirling aroma of freshly brewed coffee suddenly invaded our senses as the door to the cafe opened. Sunny and I basked in the busy morning glory of the cafe and it was my first time seeing it run its course in the appropriate hours for breakfast. There were more people than I had expected and it was just about twenty minutes after seven in the morning. A solid line was queuing up by the side, waiting to be served up by the counter. Sunny and I slipped through the break and we managed to reach the center of the cafe. Fortunately, we found a vacant table by the corner and Sunny was already on the menu while I scouted everywhere for one person I would so love to see. Wait. Why would I want to see her again?

 

"Good morning." the young lad greeted as he stopped by our table to jot down our orders. "Taemin at your service. What can I get you?"

Sunny eagerly pointed to the menu and gave out her requests. "BLT sandwich and cafe au lait, please."

 

"BLT and au lait. Got it,” he said with a smile, exuding his boyish charms. "And you ma'am?" he asked as he turned his head to me.

 

I looked at him with a meek smile. "Just the usual Taemin."

 

"Double shot espresso and toast with jam." he recited, like it was a line from a nursery rhyme he memorized too well.

 

I nodded at him and gave the menus away.

 

"Thank you. Your orders will be coming up."  He pivoted on his heels and walked off into the busy counters. My head was still continuously scanning the whole cafe but I still couldn't find the person I was searching for. 

 

Well, I guess it's for my own good that she's not here. 

 

My search was only broken when I jolted from the sudden slap Sunny did on the poor table in front. I took off my wayfarers and settled it on my sweater's collar, allowing it to dangle over my chest while I watched Sunny pull out her PsP, a surprising change from her usual Nintendo in hand. Seeing this, I also took the opportunity to bring out my iPad from my messenger bag and set up my mini-office.

 

"How's your writing?” she suddenly asked, peering from her game. "Still sulky as usual?"

 

"Not bad, I guess." I replied, switching on the application for my usual journal/short story blog. 

 

Sunny merely smirked at my response. "You haven't been updating though. You do know I'm one of your subscribers right?"

 

"Well, who wouldn't know? You practically comment on everything. Anyway, why do you read my crap?" I hissed. I very well knew she was one of my nosy readers. Her comments were laden with sugary coatings even though they were merely words attached in the forums.

 

"Ha! Why do you post your 'crap' then?" she whipped back, before leaning back on the love seat and pounding her thumbs on her device. 

 

Touché. I discreetly roared in my head and ignored Sunny's spearheaded comment. Writing short stories and putting them up my blog has somehow sparked some interest in my life----an uncanny diary of things that happen in and out of my daily job. It was amusing really, how thousands of my readers enjoyed the stupid stories I concoct in my head. Everything ended bitterly though. It was the reality. Why sugarcoat everything when truthfully, there's that bitter aftertaste in the pit of your tongue after swallowing--- much like the espresso I drank every morning.

 

Sunny then shifted in her seat and continued talking while totally absorbed in her game. "You should switch it up though. Write something with a happy ending this time. It should add more viewers or readers in this case."

 

"Happy ending?" I scoffed. "That doesn't happen in real life."

 

"Bah. You're such a Scrooge." Sunny stuck her tongue out and gritted her teeth as I assume she was losing in her play. "It's for your benefit though. More readers, more advertisers. And more pop-ups means more money going in your pocket."

 

"Oh whatever Sunny. Leave me alone."

 

"Just saying." she jeered. "Why do you think I have a higher listeners' rating compared to your show?"

 

I looked up to her without moving any other muscle. "Shut up you blonde head. A 0.5% difference is not statistically higher."

 

Sunny laughed holding her belly. "Oooh...smart- and sensitive Taeyeon."

 

"Go move to another table." I clicked my tongue.  She was pushing buttons early in the morning. 

 

"No way. I don't want to." Sunny's face was full of smug. "Ah, teasing you is no fun! Lighten up, will you?"

 

I pulled up the iPad on my lap and started typing away, ignoring the immaturity. I began writing a foolish short story about a midnight coffee thrill. A story about a lady lost in the night that wanted to seek refuge, hoping somebody would warm her up inside.

 

Much to my surprise, I've written much of the details from what just happened last night. From the moment I left the studio, to the opened cafe at 1 am and that kiss that rendered me stricken with a cut on the lip. Everything was almost as real as I could get. Before I knew it, I had a 2000-word story that I could post anytime I would wish.

 

I quickly reread what I just wrote and I heard myself sigh with satisfaction and mockery.

 

Why am I writing this? This is trash!

 

Sunny paused her game and leaned forward close to my face. I shot her a look of wonder and a mix of 'hey-back-off'. She simply smiled and tucked her device away, resting back on the soft couch.

 

"I believe you're done with another." she jested. "Can I take a sneak preview?"

 

"No." I remarked instantly.

 

"Why? You're going to publish it anyway." Sunny whined, pouting her lips and scrunching her stubby nose. This 'cuteness' would have totally worked on anyone but never on me.

 

"I said no." I repeated sternly. "This is some stupid crap story. I'll just write a new one."

 

"See. Every time you say it's crap Tae, it turns out to be awesome."

 

"Just stick to your child's play, will you?" I said. Okay. That was too harsh but she needed something to get off my back for once.

 

Just when Sunny was about to lash out back at me, I heard the same sweet warm voice that just rendered me frozen.

 

It was her.

 

I whipped my head to my right and there she was, talking to some of the older customers, asking them if they were fine and greeting them a fresh morning. I immediately went back to my iPad, unconsciously tapping and randomly selecting applications that I wasn't sure of opening in the first place.

 

"Good morning Soonkyu." I heard her greet the one opposite to me and then she laid her hand on my shoulder. I jolted in my seat and looked up, only to be greeted by her eye smiles once again. "Morning Taeyeon."

 

"Ah! Tiffany! I told you to not call me that." Sunny whined, sticking her tongue out like some kindergarten kid out in the play park. "Call me that once more and I'll call you by your other name. Miyoungie."

 

Miyoung? I heard her chuckle and apologize, eliciting a rising curiosity from me.

 

"You two know each other well." I said, switching my irises from one girl to another.

 

Sunny looked back at me and explained animatedly. "Ah. Well. Kind of Tae. I mean I get my breakfast here when I would have to go to work at the station and usually when I would want an afternoon snack. Tiffany-ssi has noticed me several times coming in and she, being a very friendly person, came up to me. So, we just happened to sit together one morning and chatted through breakfast. After that, we've been pretty close. She listens to our program also late at night..."

 

"Oh, I see." I nodded, again tapping mindlessly on another application icon and closing it. I heard another wave of chuckles. Sunny's voice was slowly hushing by the second.

 

"Soonkyu. I mean, Sunny here is a very bubbly person. I couldn't help but get acquainted with her too. Apparently her sister lives now in the US so we usually have a lot of things about abroad that we could talk about." Tiffany added. "Sunny has also visited LA before so it's nice to have someone here in Korea to chat about things from home. She's really funny and you see, we kind of..."

 

Seconds ticked by as I just watched her speak. Her words were diaphanous strings that penetrated my right ear and exited to the left. I was just looking at her in her simple outfit today, a white cottony 3/4 polo with a cute little pink bowtie and an A-line beige skirt that was concealed behind a clean unwrinkled black apron tied back around and up front by her waist. Her hair was tied up in a neat ponytail and her bangs parted slightly an angle, like drawn curtains to her radiating arched eye smiles. Her lips brushed red...

 

"Tae! Hello?" Sunny called out, snapping her fingers repeatedly in front of me.

 

I snapped back to reality and blinked a few more times before realizing I had my small cup of espresso and a plate of toasted wheat bread laid in front of me. A small packet of strawberry jam was also on the side and a small knife rested on top of the Pink embossed napkin.

 

"Food's here." Sunny reported the obvious as she stirred her huge mug of coffee that was topped with a heavy dollop of whipped cream. After taking a sample of the brew, she pounced on to her prettily cut BLT sandwich like a hyena on an impala. 

 

"Oh okay." I pushed the iPad off my lap and settled it beside me on the couch. I looked past Sunny and to my right in search of Tiffany but she was no longer there. "Where's Tiffany?"

 

Munching through her crispy fresh sandwich, Sunny swallowed desperately before she gave me a response. "She left. You were just staring into space after she talked about her and me regarding California. You weren't responding so she said she'll have to attend to other people's orders."

 

I did that? Stupid.Stupid. Stupid.

 

I deliberately slammed the base of my palm into my forehead making me wince in pain. "Oww."

 

"Yeah. Oww..." Sunny mocked as she picked off the apple smoked bacon between her rye bread pieces and popped it in her hungry mouth. "You looked way too distracted to be honest and it was kind of rude..."

 

"I have to apologize." I said, taking a sip of my bitter coffee before standing up. I then brushed my pants and stretched my sweater and jacket.

 

"Taeyeon, apologizing?" Sunny added with sarcasm. "That's new. You never apologize to me."

 

"Shut up and eat your sandwich." I commanded.

 

"Mmmkay." Sunny mused as she raised an eyebrow at me. "Mind if I borrow your iPad then? Just gonna check some emails."

 

Only thinking of the apology and coming straight to Tiffany, I seemly brushed off Sunny's asking for permission and took a step out of our booth. "Yeah. Sure. Sure. Take it Sunny."

 

"Great!" I heard her whoop again like her soccer team had just scored a goal but I was already few steps away to even see her celebrate.

 

I excused myself around some people as I made my way into the counter. The perk of being short was that one could easily wedge themselves in through a crowd and come up by the other end unscathed. Finally, I reached the cash register, manned by the other server who was slightly older than Taemin. I had to peek at his nametag just to make sure I get his name correct since I seldom saw him around.

 

"Ah, excuse me. Minho?" I asked, raising a finger.

 

He looked sideways at me and raised both his brows. "Yes, ma'am?"

 

"Do you know where Tiffany went?" I sort of yelled, as he was busy also taking note of the coffee and food orders that were mentioned by another young man at the other side of the counter.

 

"One moment." he said, as he swiped the card the customer handed him. I just pursed my lips as I waited on him.

 

He brought out a short small paper cup and added three pumps of vanilla syrup. He followed it through with steamed milk ending with a bit of foam on top. Two shots of strong espresso steaming from the espresso machine came in next. Oddly, he opened up the ice bucket and dropped a couple of paddles of ice cubes into the mix and pulled out a squeeze bottle from a corner. Raising his hand quite high up in the air, he dribbled accurately on top of the foam, creating criss-cross lines of caramel on the white bubbly surface.

 

After finally settling in an account, he nonchalantly pointed his thumb behind himself signaling me to go behind the counters and he pushed the lukewarm caramel macchiato towards my direction. "She's at the kitchen or pantry. Go ahead. The staff is quite acquainted with you ma'am. It would be fine if you just go right in." he said smiling and then greeting the next customer. He paused again and glanced in my direction. "And would it be alright if you give this coffee to Miss Tiffany?"

 

"Acquainted?" I repeated softly to myself. I've only been eating and drinking from this place for just 5 months running. 

 

"This coffee?" I asked aloud again. Surely, the guy customer on the line waiting to be served was getting antsy.

 

Why would this Minho get coffee for Tiffany? Is he making a move on her? Am I this guy's busboy? Hell no! I don't take orders form some younger dude.

 

"Yeah. Ms. Tiffany asked for one earlier but I got swamped." He said shyly before greeting the next customer and then briefly panning his attention back at me again. "I hope it's not much of a favor to bring it up to her."

 

I stared at him, almost in between glowering and being skeptical. "I...I guess it's okay."

 

"Thank you ma'am." he smiled. I just cocked my head up.

 

Disregarding the series of questions I had in my head, I just took the coffee in hand, flipped up the countertop and entered the back display section of the coffee shop. It was my first time to actually see the action behind the kitchen. It was incredibly clean and organized. It was probably cleaner than my bathroom and I could imagine that it was Tiffany's obsession for order and cleanliness that made this place spick and span.

I slid quietly into the quaint preparation room only to be met by a pair of curious eyes. One was almost twice my height, the other probably half thinner than I was. 

 

"Ah. Annyeonghaseyo. Is Tiffany here?"

 

"Pantry." the taller one said, smiling, oddly with a hint of glint in her eye. She was pretty but too tall and lanky for my ideal type. The one next to her was more dazzling, almost as if she had eternal youth. Yet again, I preferred Tiffany over the two. Both wore what seemed to be like chef's uniforms but again, they were in pink, sticking true to the cafe's name.

 

"Aren't you Ms. Kim Taeyeon from the late night radio show?" the almost doe-like femme asked me, as I stood rather frozen bearing a semi-warm cup in hand.

 

"Ah, yes. Nice to meet you." I bowed down slightly.

 

"I listen to your show. I could say I'm a fan of yours. I'm Yoona by the way. This here is Sooyoung." she beamed as she adjusted her kitchen gloves and sampled a portion of noodle before rinsing the whole set in a cold flash of water. "We work for Tiffany-unnie."

 

"Ah, yes. I can see that. No wonder food here tastes great." I managed to say although it was a white lie. I've had toasted bread and jam all this time so I had no idea how good their dishes really were.

 

"Is Ms. Lee with you out there, too? Did she like the food?" the taller one asked as she temporarily halted from cutting up some sandwiches. Yoona just chuckled while Sooyoung gave her a death glare.

 

"Why, yes. She came with me." I gulped. Somehow I was feeling more uncomfortable by the second. "Uhmm. Excuse me. I just need to say something to Tiffany. Sorry to intrude your work."

 

"No prob." Yoona waved her hand and pointed to the far left. "The pantry is down the corner. Unnie is making some food checklists I think."

 

"Thanks...uhmmm...Yoona-ssi." I nodded again and I could easily bet a hundred bucks I had that awkward grin on my face.

 

"Oh nonsense unnie! Just call me Yoona." She brought her hand to and turned red. "I can call you unnie, right?"

 

I shook my head and forced a meek smile. "Sure...okay...no problem. Unnie is fine. Excuse me."

 

With that, I backed off a few steps into another corner and found a small door leading to a small room. For a quaint coffee shop, Tiffany sure had a medium sized kitchen. She should think of expanding her cafe, I thought. She has a lot of customers and business was really going great within this neighborhood.

 

"Tiffany?" I softly called out as soon as I poked my head by the door, my voice just like a mouse.

 

I saw her up in a medium-sized ladder, inspecting some bags on the top shelf. My attention anchored almost instantly on her body. Wide open, my eyes traced her figure from her foot and up. She had those high arched ankles tensing up on a pair of fuchsia pumps. Slowly going up, her well-defined calves made my mouth drop. They continued to the back of her knees, rising to those creamy milky well-shaped thighs that could surmount any supermodel on a runway. I had to swallow my spit as my eyes continued to trail her legs and end up into two beautifully rounded mounds on her rear. Her buttocks were taut; the cloth of her beige skirt almost riding up to reveal what was underneath.

 

Mentally slapping myself, I turned away my gaze to catch a breath. I must have not inhaled for more than a minute and I was gasping for air. I was beginning to feel hot, even hotter than the beverage in my hand. The ice cubes were already melting. That was when I finally remembered what I was here for in the first place. 

 

Right. Geez, it's too hot in this room. I really shouldn't have worn this sweater and jacket together. 

 

Tiffany was still self-absorbed in her roster so I summoned every bit of courage left in me to let out a small cough and cleared my throat.

 

"Omo!" Tiffany cried out as soon as she heard me. "Aaaaah!"

 

She incidentally slipped on one of the steps as she gazed down on me and her body flailed. From that height, she surely would have gotten hurt if I didn't do anything.  The next second, I just felt my body move on itself. Surprisingly, my fast reaction caught her in my arms before any mishap.

 

I felt like a jolt of electricity just ran through my veins as I held her.

 

Her hair had fallen on my shoulders as her head landed near the crook of my neck. My hands wrapped around her small waist and against her back.  Struggling to keep the coffee balanced, at the same time have Tiffany lay her weight on my rather lean torso; I stood up feet wide apart.

 

I basically broke her fall and she nuzzled on to me. My heart raced, ready to jump out of my chest and surge with adrenaline. I had to muster all of my strength to keep this up but things end up bitterly again. Unfortunately, I was no wonder woman and was terribly weaker than I would have thought. My knees buckled and my legs started to shake. The coffee cup tilted a bit and some of the contents have poured on Tiffany's white dress shirt. Only seconds later, my arms gave up as we both landed on the floor. The coffee cup was less than a quarter than how much it was supposed to be. Mocha colored liquid and ice have strewn off all over the pantry floor, making a huge mess. 

 

Tiffany sat up immediately and I just laid down there staring at the ceiling, totally embarrassed.

 

I could only hear her laugh and clap a minute later, followed by her, asking a question while chuckling in between. "Are you… haha… okay... pfft... Taeyeon? Hahaha"

 

Gingerly, I sat up straight and inspected her for any injuries. "Yeah. I'm fine. You?"

 

"Yeah." She was still stifling her laugh while twisting her torso here and there.

 

I wondered on what she was giggling about. There wasn't anything funny about the incident nor was there anything humorous with my reply. Out of nowhere she pulled off her pink bowtie and plucked the buttons of her polo, which was brown from all the split coffee. I was about to apologize to her but she just pulled off her shirt without warning, deliberately revealing to me her chest, concealed only by her cerulean-colored bra. I froze instantly on my spot as I gawked on her, my cheeks flushing with redness.  The lines and curves of her torso burned into my memory. Her neck. Her collarbones. The pale milky texture of her skin. Her cleavage. Her plump s.

 

Tiffany pulled off the clothing away. From her polo, out fell a couple of ice cubes that had probably slipped into her clothingas we fell. She shivered from the cold and brushed her arms.

 

"Sorry. It was too cold." She explained as she recovered from her episode of laughter. "The ice cubes got in. I had to remove my shirt because it was tickling me to death."

 

She was almost half and my brain was processing at high speed. I've never imagined that a woman's body could be that gorgeous. It's been long since I've seen someone in his or her undergarments and Tiffany was a definite 11 out if 10.

 

"I unders.. see. I mean...uhh.. okay." I managed to hum, nervous as heck to even think of a good sentence to break the awkwardness.

 

We both stood up from the floor and I just planted my gaze on the ground, afraid that she'd slap me the moment she realizes I was looking at her in a very lewd manner. I turned to my side and removed my motorcycle jacket. After I pulled it off, I shyly raised it up to her and she took it cautiously. 

 

"Done?" I asked, still looking down.

 

"Yeah." she said as I panned my eyes back to her. She was at least covered up this time as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Thanks Taeyeon. Both for catching my fall and for the jacket."

 

"No. It was my fault. You wouldn't have fallen if I had not startled you. " I apologized while I squeezed a bit of the coffee that had drenched my sweater. She was hugging the jacket while zipping it up. I noticed her polo shirt in one hand and I took this opportunity to grab the clothing. She looked at me with confused eyes but I managed to shy away from her gaze. "I'll dry clean this for you. You can have my jacket for the time being."

 

"It's fine. My unit is just a few blocks from here, remember? I can just grab something and come back." 

 

"I know." I paused before thinking of a good excuse. "I wouldn't want you to get out there with this mess on your shirt. Let me have this dry-cleaned as part of my apology."

 

"Well, you really don't have to but sure, I guess. If that's what you want Taeyeon. Thank you."

 

Weird. Her voice was sensually deeper. 

 

She reached over towards my neck and I backed away a step, my foot hitting the base of a shelf. She then wiped her forefinger above my collar and her touch burned right through me. To my surprise, she took a taste of her index finger and smiled. "You had caramel on your neck.” she beamed. "It would have been a waste." 

 

I stood there again, congealed and unable to move a muscle. The next thing I knew, Tiffany was closer, only a few inches away from my face.

 

"Want to try some more macchiato Taeyeon?"

-------

 

A few minutes later, I emerged from the counters and was heading straight to the table where Sunny and I sat.

 

"What happened to you?" Sunny asked the moment I slumped on the couch. "Sticky situation?"

 

"Nothing." 

 

Tiffany went about her work and Sunny immediately noticed my motorcycle jacket on her and Tiffany's polo in my hand.

 

"Okay. Somebody explain to me the wardrobe exchange coz I'm not sure if we're playing dress-up here."

 

I really did not owe Sunny an explanation but I knew she would pester me the whole day about it. I uttered a sigh and summarized what happened "Look. I accidentally poured Tiffany's caramel macchiato on her. That's why I have her polo. I'm gonna have it dry-cleaned and so I gave her my jacket and---"

 

"Okay. Okay. Enough explanation. I think I know now what's going on here." Sunny said as she scooted off the other side, smirking. "Here's your iPad by the way."

 

"Oh...alright." I replied, retrieving the device. "What do you mean by 'you know'?"

 

Sunny dusted herself off and readjusted her bag over her shoulder.

 

"I now know why you wrote that story." she said nonchalantly. "Oh, and I took the liberty to publish it for you." She grinned, an impish smile from a pixie lady.

 

"You what?!" I barked while earning the glares and a few head turns from the nearby tables.

 

I only narrowed my eyes at Sunny for doing such a despicable joke. However, I figured out that I could still take the story down; it was as simple as hitting the delete button.

 

"I took care of your meal, too. So there's no need to thank me." She brushed her nails off her cardigan, taunting. I ignored her and opened up my blog on the iPad. Knowing that I was about to do some face-saving, she added in coy before I could open up the file. "And oh Taeyeon-ah...you can't delete the post, it is password protected. I knew you were going to delete it so I made sure you couldn't."

 

"Why you little--?!" I could almost burst from fury and embarrassment combined. I pushed the iPad away from me and stood up.

 

"Aaaaand... that'scueformetodisappearfromyoursight!" Sunny yelped as she ran behind some people in the line for coffee and vanished. "See you at the station Taeyeon!" I heard her squeal for the last moment before I heard chimes from the door. 

 

I stood there dumbfounded. I could have run after her but I've already captured too much attention from the people in the cafe, all of them including Tiffany's, who was adjusting in my jacket quite comfortably while eyeing me from the corner. Her face was full of wonder but I ignored it.

 

I sunk back into the small seat, hoping I'd just disappear. My cheeks were burning. Tiffany's soaked polo rested on top of the table and my breakfast was still by the side. My toasted bread had gone dry and crumbly. My drink was cold and half-empty. I took the petite cup of espresso and doused down the dark cold bitter liquid. 

 

Ugh...I could only taste caramel in my mouth.

 

Geez, even the bitterness has been covered by the sweetness. But this somehow, doesn't taste that bad at all. 

 

Oh, not at all.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

Alright! so yeah..here's the second cup for coffee escapades. 

hope you all like this one.