Chapter 17

The secret in my heart

HimChan was extremely excited when HyoSung hooked her arm with his. He hurriedly dashed out of the hospital and was frozen by the cold wind. It was when HimChan realized that there was only a thin shirt on his body.

HyoSung also realized that so she stood closer to him to warm him up, “Channie… are you cold?”. Opened her thick feather coat a bit to let her warmth embraced him, HyoSung almost hugged HimChan.

HimChan nodded while shaking with the cold and his lips quivered, “M-my co-coat…”

“Ah, your coat was full of blood so the doctor threw it away…”, now she totally got him inside her lap. HimChan couldn’t describe the mixture of feelings he had at that time. It was amazing, happy, wonderful… All of the best feelings ever.

“I’m co-cold…”, HimChan turned to Hyosung like he wanted to ask for something, the way of coddling that babies always do to get a candy or a toy from their parents.

“Get in the car first!”, HyoSung pushed him into the car, violently. Maybe because she didn’t want other people around to see her blushing face. After closing the door, HyoSung gasped when HimChan squeezed her. A flow of electric coursed through HyoSung’s vein, making her blood run up to her face, or something like that, because her face was as red as a ripe tomato.

“What are you doing?”, HyoSung swung both of his hands off of her body angrily and gave him such a glance as sharp as a sword as if it was a warning ‘Touch me and you’ll die!’

“It’s cold!”, HimChan pretended that he didn’t see it at all. More than that, this time, he slipped his hands into HyoSung’s coat to grab her slim waist and enjoy the warmth of it. HyoSung struggled out but of course it was no use.

Knowing that she could never escape from his embrace, HyoSung rolled her eyes and just let him do whatever he wanted. What’s more, whenever she tried to push or hit him, HimChan made his hurting face like she touched his wound, even though she didn’t even put her hand on him.

“Ahjusshi!”, HyoSung told her private driver, “Please pass by the mall!”

“Yay… you changed your mind!”, HimChan leaned his head on HyoSung’s shoulder. He guessed the Ice Princess had melted. Only the thought of that could be the most effective painkiller to him. His happiness was indescribable. HimChan felt like he had never been before.

“No! We’ll just pass by to buy you a new coat and go home!”, HyoSung squirmed out of his lap. Thanks to his disappointment, HyoSung made it this time. Immediately, she slid to the last centimeter of the seat in order not to give him any chance to hug her again.

There were only few days before the New Year Eve so the mall was very crowded. Being afraid that the careless and hurried people would bump into HimChan and hurt him by touching his wound, HyoSung wrapped her arms around his bicep, and walked by his side, on the side that his wound was in.

HimChan kept smiling non-stop. In fact, his face muscles didn’t feel strained as if he had taken some kinds of energy drink. He was so hyper. It must have been the happiest day that HimChan had had since he was born.

The couple went shopping around for hours, in front of hundreds of jealous eyes. Whenever they were, others would give them reaction like ‘They look so good together!’, ‘Ah so happy for them…’, ‘They’re so cute!’, etc… And HyoSung’s heart raced every time she heard something like that.

HimChan dropped himself into HyoSung’s bed right when they got home. The doctor suggested him not to walk or stand much until the wound completely healed but he was too excited to remember that and now the consequence was unbearable. To deal with the pain, HimChan moaned but in silence so that HyoSung wouldn’t hear it. With a great acting skill, his face looked like nothing was happening.

“Do you like the coat?”, HyoSung sat down on the edge of the bed.

“It’s your Christmas present… Of course I like it!”, HimChan grinded his teeth to hold in the stinging feeling of the wound. But unfortunately, the pain was too much for him to act normally so HyoSung realized it right away.

“Is it that hurt?”, her caring voice was such an amazing painkiller. His body felt the pain but his heart didn’t. HyoSung leaned down and gently put her fingers on his wound. What a wonderful chance, HimChan pulled her falling into his lap.

“This time no one will disturb us…”, with that smirk on his face, HimChan deserved to receive a strong punch from HyoSung. But both of her hands were held tight inside his and her lips were locked. “Don’t you know I want you desperately…”

“DON’T!”, HyoSung used all her strength to stand up and stepped away from the bed.

“Why?… I love you!”, suddenly when HyoSung climbed down the bed, the painful feelings came back to HimChan.

“The matter is ME!”, HyoSung put one hand in front of her chest, “I’m moving to Paris… And I don’t believe in those loves in distance. I mean, I don’t want to be apart with the one I love. So I can’t get too close to you… Because the longer you are with someone, the tougher it is to part ways…”

HimChan barely sat up due to the dramatically bad feeling came from the wound, “You don’t trust me? I can die for you!”

“NO DON’T! I’LL DIE WITH YOU IF YOU DO THAT!”, HyoSung cut him off immediately before he really meant it, “It’s not you, it’s me! What if I fell in love with a guy in Paris and I would forget you totally? I don’t want to hurt you once more!”

Even though the standing-up session made HimChan hurt but it wasn’t as hurt as the feeling when he realized how silly the girl he loved was. HimChan slowly walked towards her and grabbed her hands, “As long as the one will be hurt is not you, I can take it all… Please let me love you and make you happy!”.

Then as desperately as his aforementioned, HimChan pulled HyoSung into his lap and kissed her passionately.

It was an extremely cold winter night. But I guessed it wasn’t to them. Instead, it was a hot and memorable night.

However, to somebody else, it was cold and lonely with their hearts full of the unforgettable memories of someone. Both HyunAe and YongGuk couldn’t sleep that night, just like many nights before.

“It helps to think we are sleeping under the same big sky”, YongGuk let out a deep and long sigh before rolling himself into his blanket and tried to ignore the noise of cold winds passing through the slot underneath the windows.

Legend says, when you can’t sleep at night, it’s because you’re awake in someone else’s dream.