Chapter 6

Way For Love 차근 차근

Donghae runs his fingers through his hair, inhaling the fresh air as they drove.

"Driver, can you put the roof on please." His mother instructed, Donghae glares at her.

"Can't you tell I'm enjoying the cold breeze."  he complains, his mother frowns at him.

"Firstly, The wind will just ruin your hair, it needs to stay neat." she starts, Donghae rolls his eyes in annoyance, "Also, sit up straight, don't crease your suit." she goes on

Donghae grunts, "I'm not a little boy anymore, can't I even make these little decisions as having the sun roof open? Maybe if you'd stop telling me what to do since I'm almost in age when I can marry and start my own life."

"I don't need to argue with you Donghae, as long as you spendning my money, you shall live under my rules." she retorts, "You better stop acting like this when we get to the Kim's household."

To that the atmosphere became more and more tense. Donghae hated being with his mother the most, he never cared what he had felt. She just wait and see what he has up his sleeve.


"Hello, please please come in.." Director Kim welcomed them to his oh so big house.

Mrs. Lee laughs, "It's been a while? How is your wife doing?" she asks, Donghae couldn't bear with these small chats, he knew that his mother didn't really care about them, he just wanted to get on their good side so that he'd let him marry his daughter. He rolled his eyes to the image of his mother being nice towards other people.

"Donghae-ah..You have been awfully quite, is everything alright?" Director Kim asked

"Yes yes he is feeling under the weather lately, I guess it must be the hot temperatur these days.." his mother cutts in, Donghae says nothing and bows towards them instead.

"Ahh I see, I will just call Mina.." Director Kim says

Donghae's mother turns to him and gives him a nudge then leaving him before walking off with the deadliest glare.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Kim Mina greets bowing to Donghae's mother then turns to look at him hoping for atleast a hello from Donghae, her eyes were clear and bright, she had a had nose, pale skin and pink thin lips, but even with good looks Donghae could see through her ugly personality.

"Pssh." Donghae murmurs under his breath.

Again, Donghae's mother tried her best to up to her and her father as much as pissible leaving Donghae just to stare at the white tinted walls around the dining room.

"How about let's eat some lunch now." Director Kim suggests

Donghae wished he could be anywhere but there, he usually keeps his mouth shut during this type of meetings, his better off not saying anything sinc ehe knows whatever he says his mother will retaliate anyway.

"So how is your father's business going? I'm hoping to see you take over in a few years.." Director Kim says

Donghae nodds and fakes a smile, "I also hope to be doing something else with my time and not just focus on my father's business."

"Marriage perhaps?" he replies

Donghae smirks, "I'm not sure, I'm still at the age of playing.. I don't think settling this young will be a good choice, But I do think about marriage once in a while."

"Ahh well,If you do, look no further, you've known Mina since you were young." He hints

"Yeah I know...How unlucky of me." he says through the gritts of his teeth

"Huh?" Director Kim asks

"Ah. Nothing." Donghae says taking a spoonful of soup.

> > > > > > >

"You know Donghae, I care a lot about your father's business, and the only thing that is keeping it from expanding is you."

"Why me? I don't need to marry her. You've controlled my life enough." he starts "I'll do well anyway even if we don't have a partnership with Director Kim, I have plans too, it just doesn't involve Director Kim and her bratty daughter." 

To that, they reached their house and Donghae stormed out of the car wanting to have a walk and get away from the stressful morning he had gone through.

> > > > > > > 

Donghae stares at his phone, he sees a text message from an unknown number and opens the text.

'Donghae-sshi, Thanks again for what you did. Victoria.'

A smile forms his lips, did she just unknowingly give her number?

He stares at his phone for sometime, so this is what it feels like for doing something nice to someone. He slips his phone back in his jean pocket and starts heading towards the road he walked her to the first time they met, reminicing the pointless chit chat they had with some complete stranger, she must have felt terrified.

He sighs and reaches to her house, the crooked door and worn out walls, he stands there, contempleting whether or not to knock, what was he going to talk to her about anyway? You're welcome? Call me superman? It's no big deal? Glad to see your phone is still working? he shakes his head. 

Raising his arm with his fist molded into a rock he comes closer to the door, as he creeks open, his eyes widen to see Victoria ready to head outside.

"..Oh.. sorry, I was just-"

"What brings you here?" she asks

"I was just about to ask you to grab lunch or something."

"..Sure."


Quitely sipping his noodles, she stares at him carelessly, why had he suddenly called her out? She shook her head, she needed to be careful with this guy, for all she knew, this could all be an act.

"Do you often deliver orders then?" he asks

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, this is your job"

"You could say that."

He nodds his head, "But why you? I mean, it's dangerous."

"I know, but.. there's no other way-"

"What do you mean theres no other way?!" he mindlessly raises his voice at her  "I mean.. there's always a way.. you should have a choice like everyone else" he avoids her gaze

She sighs and looks down at her plate, His words hit the nail on the head, everything was true, why couldn't she just make the decision, even after what happened to her, it's still as if she was a puppet on strings... "I know.. try saying that to my aunty."

"I will!" he retorts

"I was joking, she's isn't someone you could easily pursuade."

"Have you even told her? anyone?"

she merely shakes her head as if it was so easy to answer. He realises how theyre both in the same position, but she's suffering alone.

He merely stares at her, biting the inside of his cheeks, she looks up at him and their eyes meet.

"Thanks for the meal by the way, this meal looks expensive." she forces a smile "I promise when I get money, I'll pay you back with interest!"

He laughs, "Whatever you say." 


~to be continued~