Chapter 1 Beginnings

Way For Love 차근 차근

~17 years ago..

"Dad!" Victoria ran smiling to her father, with open arms he wrapped her daughter tightly with a warm hug, they both spun around in a tight hug before getting dizzy and finally letting her daughter down and unwrapping her arms around him.

"Have you had breakfa-" he was about to finish until he was cut off

"Daddy, you promised to play me that song on the piano whenever you have free time, can you please play it to atleast once before you go to work?" She as asked with eyes full of hope

"..Alright alright" He replied. She wrapped her little hands around her father's wrist and pulled him towards the other room.

Victoria's always lived in a big house, no matter how many times her and her father have moved house because of his job, that house will still be grand and big, plenty of rooms, expensive furniture. Plenty of space for just two people. Victoria's mother left them when she was just born, which even made her father more determined to give Victoria the best life she could have. Although since Victoria was young, her father explained that her mother died in a tragic accident but he never really explained what type of job he has, he only made sure Victoria had everything she wanted for her to be happy, to fill in the empty space her mother had left.

He sat himself on the stool and sat himself infront of a grand piano, the soft white walls embrace them as the wonderful tune of the piano being played by his father filled the room with peace and hapiness.

"Daddy, play that song and I'll dance my new dance I learned in my class!" She happily suggested, her father smiled sweetly and continued to on playing.

Victoria has always been good at dancing, her teacher has praised her often as she is a quick learner. Victoria pointed her toes neatly and spun across the room as graceful as she could wanting to impress her father. She danced elegantly to the melody of the song her father was playing. He watched her swiftly dance from all corners of the room.

"Ofcourse, My Qiannie. Well done! Bravo!" Her father praised.

Victoria gave a cute laugh as she bows showing a big grin.

"Did you know that I started playing this exact same song when I was your age?" Her father explained

"Really?! I want to learn it to so that I can play it with you!" She replied excitedly

"...Alright alright.." He picked her up and sat her on the stool next to him.

Victoria being a quick learner as she is, caught on very quickly within the next few days her and her father always practiced and practiced so that she knows the song and every note by heart.

"Qiannie, promise me this, even when you grow up, never forget this song I taught you, Ok?" 

"Even when I'm a grandma, I will still remember. Promise!" She stuck her pinky out and locked it with her father's.

On days when Victoria's father would go to work and won't come home until late hours of the evening, after school Victoria's aunty would come over and watch over her until her father arrives. It's not like taking care of Victoria is much work anyway, she's normally quite and polite, and since she wants to make her father proud, she would practice on either dancing or playing the piano in her spare time.

It was eventually Victoria's birthday, Unfortunately her father had important business to attend so he couldn't take a day off, but after school Victoria patiently waited for him. She cahnged frm her uniform to her favorite dress, fixed her own hair, and played the piano for her Aunty as both of them waited for her father to arrive.

It was nearly night time, but there was still no sign of Victoria's father coming home. No phonecalls, messages. nothing at all.

"He'll be here soon, don't worry. It's getting late, you should go to bed and I'll wake you up when he arrives." Her aunty pleaded, wiping the tears forming on Victoria's eyes.

After much wait, a knock came on the door.

"Good evening, sorry to interupt, But are you Jane Song?" The policeman asked

"..Yes, That will be me."

Victoria's aunty then broke into tears she couldnt believe what she just heard, her knees were like jelly she couldn't even bare to stand or even reply back to the police officer, her mind was so flustered and she couldn't get words out of and all she could do was sob. The next morning, Victoria's aunty couldn't think of a way to explain this to Victoria, should she just say it? Will she understand as such a young age? 

"Sorry, Victoria, I know you're only 8, but I think it'd be worse if I lied to you, Your father was shot, he was on his way back home but..somehow.."

Victoria started sobbing loudly,she whimpered on the floor crying her eys out. She couldn't believe it. She lost her dad, her everything.

The next few days, Victoria was numb, all of her emotions were out of her, only left with depression. She didn't speak to anyone but her Aunty. Apperantly the house that Victoria lived in wasn't payed and was only a loan, and her father still owned the bank thousand and thousands of money to pay it off, so Her aunty and her had no where else to go.

Victoria's aunty on the other hand, wasn't feeling very pleased with the fact that she has an extra luggage around with her, she's starting to feel irritated that she's ever related to Victoria. Why was she her responsibility anyway? Victoria's aunty wanted to get rid of her but she had no choice but to take her.

Weeks later, Her aunty met a man who owned a small fish store next to his house, he was surprsingly friendly towards her aunty, he let them stay for a couple of days after knowing that they had no where else to go. Her aunty was very fond of this man, and they eventually married and Victoria permently called him uncle, and also helped around the shop after school.

~17 years later....

"Yah! Victoria! You need this fish delivered to Gwangju!" Her aunty screamed

"Gwangju? Isn't that too far away? Can't we use uncle's truck to deliver instead" She replied

"It's a lot cheaper if you just take the bus rather than paying for petrol, now stop complaining and go!" Her aunty argued

Victoria then followed her aunty's instructions and caught the next bus to Gwangju.

"Ugh, REALLY?" she murmered, the thin plastic bag filled with water that the fresh fish was started leaking. The bus suddenly stopped almost making the passengers fly out of their seat with much force.

"YAH! Why are we stopping?" The ajumma's complained

"It's not my fault, it's this stupid guy in the middle of the road!" The bus driver argued

Victoria worrying about the fish looked up and saw a line of cars infront of them all waiting for this bright red car in the middle of the road parked sideways. As soon as she looked back down on the bag of fish the leak started to get faster and faster loosing much water and loosing the freshness of the fish, the only thing on her mind was her aunty yelling at her for not even delivering the expensive fish. Not to mention the hot weather, the fish was bound to be spoilt.

"I don't think this guy has any plans to move.A decent amount of people have told him to move his car but he just wouldn't move" The bus driver announced.

Victoria stormed out of the bus and walked over to the red car that's causing it all. Victoria already fumed with the fish situation approached the man in the car with heavy foot steps.

"Sir, if you would kindly move your car because if don't notice, It's causing much trouble to everyonce else around." She tried to explain calmly but her voice merely went from his right ear to his left as if he just heard nothing.

Victoria noticing he actually had someone next to him in the passanger seat, maybe his girlfriend? Maybe she'll listen to her

"Miss, please, do you see this? I need to deliver this straight away, it needs to be fresh, other wise they won't buy it and I'll be scolded. Please. Just move your car" She said using the softess voice she had even when she's desprately annoyed inside.

"Yuck! Don't swing that  around my face! It's stinks like fish!" The girl complained

"Stupid, that's because it is FISH. Can you take this annoying woman away from me, then I'll move" Donghae suggested.

"HUH? who are you calling 'annoying woman' It better be this fish girl!" She shouted

"Actually I'd rather have fish girl instead of you." He replied confidently, Victoria merely just watched the two of them argue wide eyed and quite confused on what's going on

"UGH! I can't stand you anymore, That's it I'm leaving!" The girl exclaimed, getting out of the car nearly tripping because of the high heels she's wearing.

"Sir, Can you move your car now?" Victoria asked once again now with more of an annoyed tone.

"...Nah." Donghae lazily replied

Victoria was desperate, she was determined to deliver this fish.

"If you're not gonna move your car, I will."

"Hah. I'd like to see you try." 

Victoria knew she couldn't drive, but she had no choice, this guy was stubborn and  all she had to do was move it to the side of the road right?

Donghae got out of the car, Victoria nervously got on the driver's seat and buckled her seat belt, pressing on the gas lightly, turning the wheel, slowly, as she thought it was going well, she pressed on the gas to hard and made the car nearly crash onto the lightpost, damaging the front bumper of Donghae's car.

"YAH! Why did you crash my car?!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, WHY DID YOU JUST MOVE YOU OWN CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?!"

Before he could answer, police sirens started to approach them. 

=] =] =] =] =] =]

"I'm telling you officer, I'm not the one who crashed onto the light post, it was this girl."

"I only moved his car because he refused to, I'm desperate to deliver this fish so I had no option! I'm the victim here!"

"Lee Donghae, you know, it's not the first time you've been here this month." the officer explained

"But really though, this time wasn't extirely my fault." Donghae smirked

The police officer sighed. "Both of you wait here." He escourted them in the waiting room.

" Do you think this is some kind of joke? Not only Im going to get scolded about not delivering, but worse that I ended up in jail!" Victoria snapped

"Relax" Donghae rested his head on the wall as he sat.

Victoria gave a big sigh "What am i going to do now? This fish.." She murmured

Just then two ajumma's came running through the police station door. Trying to explain the Victoria is completely innocent and was only trying to help the situation.

"See! See! They are witnesses, I did nothing to harm anyone!" Victoria jumped

"..Alright, since it's a minor collision, you can go." The police officer announced.

"HUH? What about me?!" Donghae snapped

=] =] =] =] =] =] =]

"Donghae, you can't just caue such trouble like this whenever you want, Just because your mother isn't in the country does not mean to give you permission to run around causing so much ruckus." Philipé explained

"Why can't I? It's not like she cares anyway." 

"That's not the point, you're causing other innocent civilians difficulty."

"Ahh.. Alright, You dont need to babysit me all the time you know.." Dongahe reasoned

"If you're going to be much of a pain like this, then I just might, master donghae." Philipé joked 


A/N: Thanks for reading you I hope you like my second FF! This chapter is long. Much backstory than I was expecting. Haha.