Chapter 4

Way For Love 차근 차근

"Have you spoken to Jieun yet?" His mother nagged staring at her self in the mirror as Donghae's walks in.

"No." He says galring at her through the reflection

"Do you even try and contact her, arrange something- like a date or-" She started, but Donghae could only hear a toned voice nagging in his ear, and he didn't like it one bit.

"No! I didn't!" he complained, "and I'm not planning to, don't you understand that I don't wanna be with some stuck up,awful girl for the rest of my life?"

""Don't you dare raise your voice with me, If your father finds out-"

"If he finds out, it won't matter, wanna know why?" he stares at her intensly, "Because he'll understand my feelings, can't I make one decision for MY life? I'm so sick and tired of you who's been planning it like I'm some kind of walking robot!" He argues, he angrily storms out of his mother's room, leaving her dumbfounded, Donghae will usually just stand there and nodd at whatever she said but this time he finally broke.

He grabs his coat and storms out of the house. He didn't quite know where he was going but it anywhere is better than to stay inside the suffocating house.

> > > > >

"Victoria! Victoria!" Her aunty yells, "Come down here!"

Victoria hurrily rushes down the stares and heads towards their kitchen, "Yes?"

"Get these delivered at Cheongparo street house number 3, Ok?" She says handing her over the bag of food.

"But isn't it a bit late for me to deliver? I know that Uncle's sick but-"

"And you expect me to deliver that? Do you want ME to get hurt? Cheongparo isn't that far" She says raising her voice and startling Victoria

"N-no.."

"Alright then, Go!"

Victoria heads outside and her eyes scans her broken bike, she'd forgotten that some rotten boys thought it was funny to smash her bike into pieces and they haven't had enough money to get it fix, she turns her body towards the door, tempted to go back in, but her aunty will probably get even more mad if she uses her bike as an excuse, she carries on walking.

Seeing the redish leaves fall lightly on the ground, a smile forms her face, she'd always loved autumn, the windy breeze lightly grazing her face but not to the point where it'd be freezing and the colourful leaves makes it even better.

Calmly walking on the pavement, she felt a bit lonely, then Eunhyuk slipped in her mind, it would have been better if he was here to make her laugh,she thought.

Looking to the distance, her eyes observe the two men leaning aganist the brick wall by the corner turning towards the curve of the street, she didn't think much of it at first but as closer she gets, she starts to observe there faces and she could definately tell that they were eyeing her.

She tries to avoid their gaze and she focuses her eyes on the ground, getting more and more closer to the curve her heart was ready to jump out of her chest, she felt so scared and worried that maybe speeding up her walk will somehow take her find of the two awaiting her.

But she couldn't even be more wrong.

As Victoria speeds up, the two men slyly looks into her direction, and slowly starts following as if they were merely just walking and minding their own business.

After much patiently waiting, the two men speeds up and tries to catch her, this time they weren't even trying to make it unoticable.

Victoria could feel her stomach turn, so this is what it feels like when youre about to die?

Out of instinct she tries to runs even faster, she looks behind her for a split second and could see 2 sillouetts following her every step. Tears were forming at the corner of her eyes, she didn't know what else to do.

One of the men had enough and starts sprinting towards her, her grabs Victoria's arms and pulls her against the nearest brick wall, Victoria cries and curls up into a ball, her knees to her chest as she begs for mercy.

"That was quite a chase wasn't it." One of the guys taunts

Victoria could only let out cries, as she was too petrified to speak.

At the same time, Donghae who was merely mindlessly walking down the street notices two shadows by the old building by the corner, and hears a small cry and he doesn't hesitate and dashes to see what was happening.

He finds two men huddling over a girl and he already knew what he had to do. He rolls his hand into a fish tightly before grabbing one of the guys from the back and giving him a hard punch to the face and he does the same to the other guy, then hurrily grabs Victoria's arm and leads her out of the alley.

Gripping her hand tightly, they ran far enough to escape.

"Are you ok?" He says letting go of her hand and cupping her chin to see her face fully.

"You're not one of them..are you?" She says her voice almost breaking, at tears continuely run down her cheeks.

Donghae shakes his head and smiles sweetly at her, relieved that she didn't have any bruises or cuts. He was justso angry moments ago, I guess punching those jerks made his anger go away? He didn't know, but he did know that this girl just took his breath away the minute she looked up at him.

Victoria had never been so terrified in her life and relieved at the same time, how lucky must she have gone to have someone save her?

Her knees were trembling from the shock of what just had happened, which made her break into tears again, she puts her head down cries at the palm of her hands.

"No, don't cry..It's alright now..don't be scared" He softly whisperes, wiping away tears from her red cheeks, he notices she's carrying a bag by her shoulders, with a print saying 'Ahjumma Song Guksu' and realised what she was doing outside in this time of the night.

He pulls her into his embrace and she doesn't hesitate to hug him tightly, she needed someone to comfort her so bad, her hands were still shaking with fear.

They break away from the hug, and Victoria bows towards him and forces a smile, "Thank you, I'm alright now..If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be in trouble, thanks again.....-"

"I'm Lee Donghae." he smiles

"Donghae?" She gasps, she'd remember his name from the police station, she'd never thought the rascal a week ago, would save her life.

Donghae looks at her puzzled, "Why? Have you met me before?"

"Yeah, that day you caused traffic and-.." She started but he cuts her off, "Ahh right..The delivery girl.." He nodds

"You know, you really shouldn't be delivering at this time, especially in nights like these."

Victoria eyes widen, "AH! Right! I have to deliver, aish."

"You're still not gonna back home?! After all of this?!" He sighs, "I'll come with you."

Victoria looks at him, "Oh.. My aunty will really scold me if I dont get this delivered."

Donghae starts walking forward, "Youre not coming? Come on! If you want those to be delivered, you better start walking!"

Victoria smiles, and catches up with him. Walking side by side, it was silent for a bit.. I guess both of them wanted to say something but didn't have the courage to, which is a first in Donghae's case.

"So..I didn't catch your name.-", "It's Victoria..Song Victoria."

"Victoria..ahh.." he nodds, "You must be younger than me since youre using honorifics"

"Why? How old are you?" she asks

"1986" he proudly says, "Oh! 1987!", they both turn to look at each other and once their eyes met, they couldn't help but giggle.

"What were you doing late at night walking on your own?" Victoria asks

Donghae laughs, "Shouldn't I be the one asking that? Well, I just needed fresh air so I decided to walk for bit..Which is probably a good decision since I just saved someone's life." he jokingly states

> > > > > 

"My house is just by there." She points, "Thanks again, really. I mean it."

"You don't have to say it over and over, Any person would do what I did in the situation." He smiles

"Just don't go around walking late at night alright?" He says as he pinches her cheeks, making Victoria laugh.

"Alright, see you Donghae-sshi.."

He takes a last glance at her, a genuine smile forms his face.


Finally! Sorry it took so long, but I think I finally have this fic sorted, and hopefully updated.

Anyway, I really wanted to add more dialouge to Vic and Hae's walk, but I'll save that for upcoming chapters ^^

Yay! Thanks for reading you .. ~ DONT FORGET TO VOTE FOR F(X) AT MAMA 2012 ~ ^^ link here