Chapter 3

Lies

When he opened that door, all I felt was shock. My body was paralysed that I couldn’t even move to chase after him. Before he could enter I quickly regained my senses and ran behind him. He entered the room and I followed right behind him, once I entered I could see all my classmates glare at me, I could feel their piercing eyes, and I could hear their thoughts as if it was being spoken through the over head at school, and as quickly as lightning I could see the rumour ‘Jongin is such a bad influence on Kyungsoo, he used to be so good’ and ‘I heard they are best friends and never leave each other’s side’ floating around school. The teacher snapped me out me out of my daydream which was more like a nightmare.

“So guys, care to explain why both of you arrived late?” The teacher said “I would expect this from Jongin here, but from you Kyungsoo, I must say I’m very disappointed and a little shocked” while his arms are crossed and giving us a stern look. I have never seen him like this before, so I have to tell the truth, it’s just in my nature to do it. I was about to speak when Jongin interrupted with

“We had a family emergency” I couldn’t believe he would do that after he was so honest before.

“Then why was Kyungsoo late with you?” he asked, I could tell he was onto him, but all I could do was stay quiet, I had no idea what to do or say.

“I did say we didn’t I” He continued “We’re distant cousins, and when we found out our great-great grandparents were related and had to go to the hospital, we could just leave them in the condition they were in”. How the hell was the teacher suppose to believe, or anyone for that matter suppose to believe that. Anyone can tell that’s a lie, right? I can’t believe he would drag me in this lie with him I was perfectly fine with telling the truth, I don’t care if I get into so much trouble, I don’t lie. But some how I let is slide and went along with it.

“Is this true, Do?” he asked impatantly

“Y-yes, yeah it is” I was so disappointed in myself. I let my head drop, staring down at my feet, the teacher probably thought I was upset about my apparent great-great grandparents going into the hospital, but that wasn’t the case at all.

“Ok well since you disturbed my class, you guys coming here after school and doing the work you have missed out on, and I am going to be calling your parents to inform them of what has happened as well” He said as he turned his back to us. This has never happened before. This has never happened to me before and I can’t let it.

“Sorry sir but I can’t stay after school, I have other plans to do” I tried to convince him, which obviously didn’t work.

“And what is this thing you have to do” He replied glaring at me. I didn’t know what to say cause my excuse was pretty petty to even mention to him. But my mother is going to be so angry; maybe I should just it up and deal with anything that happens, no matter how petrified I might be.

“Never mind, it’s nothing important I guess” I said up whatever pride I had left.

He looked disappointed and looked back at his book he was previously writing in before he interrupted his class. I heard giggles at the back of me, I shouldn’t make much of it but I can’t help feel so self conscious when things like that happen, that’s why I try and keep away from situations that would cause me to feel this way. He then said, without raising his head.

“Grab the spare seats at the back and sit down quietly”

We turn around and see all these eyes staring at us. It really is not a good feeling. We start walking towards the spare seats that where right at the back of the class room and next to each other. Know I have to deal with him next to me as well.

Music class is over and a subconsciously look towards Jongin. His head is bent forward and I could tell he was sleeping. I get up out of my seat and hold on to his shoulder to shake him awake.

“Hey, Jongin class is over, your ganna be late for you next one” I said as I continue to shake him. He then brushes off my hand with his hand and look up slowly at me.

“Who says I want to go to the next class” He said smugly. I grab his wrist and drag him out of his seat.

“What is with you and dragging me ever where!” He yelled

“You are going to your next class” I sternly said not having any of his attitudes, since he did get me into trouble. He pulls his hand away from my grip and I turn around abruptly and stare at him standing in the middle of the hallway, which was half crowded and fading slowly.

“Well it was nice knowing you” he said as he turned around and walked away. What am I doing just standing here I should chase after him. But I really shouldn’t, should I? I’m not sure.

“Hey where are you going” I asked trying to get some answers. The crowed is slowly dieing out so it’s much easier to hear him.

“I’m going outside, I need some space to think about stuff” He said still with his back facing me. I don’t have time for this, he can do whatever he wants now, and I’m done trying to help him out. I ran as fast as I can to my next class, and I arrive just in time.

Time slowly passed during this class, not like the other one. I look outside to trying to wrap my head around what happened this morning and what happened before this class, as I look down to the small pathway between the school and the fence, I see Jongin with his head down and his leg rapidly shaking up and down. I am relieved that his alright, but angry because his not in class, but I know now I shouldn’t be making his decisions for him. I should really apologize to him the next chance I get. It wasn’t my place to drag him everywhere, and I just meet him so why was I even acting the why I did. Just then I saw a boy with the same uniform, walk towards Jongin. I can’t get a clear view of the boys face but Jongin stands up and they do that hand shake thing that boys do when they great each other. They stand there talking a bit. Jongin then puts his hand in his pocket and hands the mysterious boy an envelope. The boy puts it in his pockets not opening it to see what’s inside. Jongin with his hands in his pockets both walk away from my line of vision.

What where they doing? And what was in that envelope. Something is not right, and I want to know what it is. As soon as class is over, I’m finding Jongin and he better explain what just happened. I’m just hoping it’s nothing bad.