Chapter 2

Lies

“Hey, what the hell are you doing” the boy yelled while we were running.

“I don’t want to be late for school” I said yelling back losing my energy.

“You already are, so what’s the point” He had a good point. Then suddenly I found myself slowing down to a sudden stop, I bent over resting my hands on my knees and letting my torso rest as I breath heavily trying to calm down.

“I’m sorry, I just panicked, I have never been late before” I explained trying to catch my breath. He started waking ahead with a slight strut like he owned the town. His hands in his pocket and his head looking straight forward.

“Yeah I can tell” I couldn’t tell if he was being sarcastic or being serious. This boy is very interesting, what is his deal acting all cool, and how come I have never seen him around before. Once I caught my breath I run up to him and ask

“Hay, I forgot to ask, what’s your name?”

His head still down “Why do you want to know my name?” he retorted back

“Why can’t I know your name?” I asked

“I never said you couldn’t, I just asked you why?”

“Because I’m curious, is that a good enough answer”

“Tell me yours first and I’ll tell you mine”

“Fine, my name is Do Kyung Soo” I replied

“Wait” He stopped “Kyung Soo, the genius Kyung Soo, the amazing singer as well, is that you?”

“Is that what people say” I blushed “ I wouldn’t really say I’m any of that, but yeah that’s me”

“Cool” He smiled unimpressed unlike before, He started walking again.   

“Hay wait” I catch up to him “You still haven’t told me your name, I told you mine, so you have to go the same” I said “It’s only fair”

“Fine” emotionless “My name is Kim Jong In” I stopped paused in the shock of the name. That name so infamous for skipping class, being in fight, leader of a gang, being expelled from countless of schools, and being suspended from this one. He continued walking, but I needed to know if it was him or not.

“Wait” I said stopping him in his tracks, and turning towards me

“What?” he replied

 “Jong In” I paused collecting my thoughts “T-the school rebel, the famous delinquent”

“Wow, is that what people say” He said mocking what I said earlier

“Is it true? Is that who you are?” I asked walking towards him in complete shock. I know I shouldn’t judge someone, but what is all the stories are true.

“What if it is, is there a problem”

“No” I’m just scared “There’s no problem, I’m just curious” If it never been around a person who is a part of a street gang before, I wouldn’t even know what to do in a situation like that.

“Yes it’s true” well some of it is, the others have no idea when just not that type of person, and started walking again. “Hopefully”

I hate would have never thought someone like that would have been so honest an upfront about that sort of thing. It just surprised me, I walked up to him trying to keep up pace. We where quite for a while until I said to broke it.

“Thank you”

“For what”

“Being so honest with me”

“How do you know I wasn’t lying” he said as he shot me a smug look

“No one would lie about something like that” I answered him so sure of myself. In return he gave me a “Hmmm?” in a very questioning manner. I didn’t make much of it. Mainly because we already arrived at school and the gates where still opened we walked in together, but he turned towards the place at school that no one goes to, it just has a bunch of trees to fill the few meters between the school and the fence. I grabbed his shoulder and turning him slightly around.

“What are you doing, we have to go to class” I firmly stated.

“Why should I go” he asked “You’re probably not in my class anyway”

What. Why did he say that? We weren’t exactly friends, but I guess we weren’t exactly enemies either.