My Boyfriend Myungsoo... ???

I Only Want You!

 

The man sat behind his desk.  The heavy, marbled desk was empty with the exception of an out-dated phone, an ashtray, and an oversized calendar that lay flat with scribbles and scratches from recent months.  The calendar's date was over 2 years old.... and had never been used.
 
With four men, all dressed like they were heading to a funeral, stood in front of the desk, waiting for a direct order from their boss.
"All of you sit.  Standing there is distracting me.  I have to think."  All four men looked at each other quizzically.  Then forming two lines they each sat opposite of each other on the two dark brown leather sofas that sat in the center of the room.  With a black coffee table centered in the middle, it contained a lone vase of plastic assorted yellow flowers that over the years had faded and were filthy with dust.
 
The over-sized man, then pressed his fingers to both sides of his temples and rubbed them till both sides turned a dark shade of red.  After the problems of the other night, he had to kill two of his best men and lost the girl.  He was damn pissed off and was ready to kill anyone at that moment if they walked through the door.  He had to think but too much stuff warred within his fat skull.
 
Finally, looking up at the four men who seemed a bit uncomfortable from where they were sitting, he made his decision.  Because of the girl's 'bodyguards,' he then decided it would be best to lay low for awhile.  Right now, they were all on their guard and he and his men would never get near her.  So, instead, they would just watch and wait... wait until they let their guards down and then they would get her.  
 
"Oh yes, they would have her." He thought to himself.  "And that blue-haired punk wouldn't be able to do anything about it."
 
Then the fat man smiled... with naughty, evil thoughts in his mind.
 
 

 

[One week later... ]

I hadn't seen Dongwoo since that night.  Instead, from the next morning after the 'incident,' I have seen every member of Infinite, who have been by my side... every... freaking... day.  So much so, that one time Woohyun almost walked with me into the women's bathroom.  If it hadn't have been for the women that were in that bathroom screaming, he would have probably stood outside my bathroom stall door.
 
I was getting tired of this.  I couldn't concentrate and today we were going over applications of antidifferentiation in my calculus class.  With the occasional 'antiderivative' and 'integral,' I didn't really learn anything.  The professor even said 'infinite' and all I could think of were those seven guys.  This class was going nowhere fast today.  When in hell was the professor going to let us out?
 
"Okay." The professor turned around to look at the class after writing down the last equation.  "Everyone copy this down and I want the answer at the next class." The class grumbled, papers shuffled, a few scrapes across the floor from chairs.  "Everyone!" He said a little louder as the class was trying to leave.  "Don't forget we'll be going over Ch. 3.  More integrals and derivatives.  So, I want all of you ready for a possible quiz!"  Again, more grumbling from the students as they gathered their stuff and headed out the back door.
 
I stuffed my books into my Super Junior backpack that my dear roommate said I was supposed to have.  I was starting to wonder about that.  At least it was big enough to carry my crap from class to class.  As I was closing my notebook, I felt a person beside me.
 
"Myungsoo..."  I said without ever looking up.
 
"Noona, don't call me that!"
 
With my head still down, I shoved the notebook into my bag and zipped it tight.  Then looking over at him, "L!  Is that better?!"
 
"Noona, how many times do I have to tell you?  I don't go by that name anymore.  It makes the hairs on my neck stand up." Then exaggerating his movements, he acted like a chill ran up his spine and then rubbed the back of his neck.  "Ugh!"
 
"And how many times do I have to tell you, do not come into my class.  I will meet you outside the classroom door."  I sling the backpack over my shoulder and start walking out.
 
"Noona!  Wait..."  He then proceeds to follow me out the door with at least one step behind me, he shadows my every movement.
And, as usual, everyone we passed by gave us weird stares or hid behind hands and whispered their snide comments to each other.  The occasional snicker just added flavor to the insults I received.
 
I abruptly turn around.  He then walks into me and we bump chin to nose.  His chin into my nose.  "Ow!"  We both say in unison.  With hands over our sore spots, we look at each other, then laugh.
 
"Noona, why'd you turn around like that?"  Still rubbing his chin.
 
"L, would you please walk beside me or in front of me....anywhere other than behind me.  It's driving me crazy.  Can't you see people are talking about us?"  I then look around at the people who were looking at us and pointing and snickering.  Then L followed where my eyes had been looking.
 
"Oh."
 
"Oh?  Don't you see.  You are embarrassing the hell out of me.  I know you are trying to watch over me but do you have to do it from behind.  Can't we walk together like 'friends.'  Is that okay with you?"
 
"Okay, Noona."  He then walked over to my side.  He then grabbed my arm and hooked my arm into his.  "Today, you'll be my girlfriend."  Then he pulled me along beside him as my feet dragged behind.
 
"G-G-G-Girlf-f-f-friend?!  Are you crazy!!"
 
He then looked down at me and gave me one of those rare seen, over-the-top, eye-disappearing smiles.  
 
 

 

It was a terribly busy day at Ajusshi's.  The kitchen sink had dishes stacked 4 feet high.  All 6 burners on the stove were being used.  Kitchen utensils were strewn all over the counters.  Ajusshi himself was covered in sweat, his clothes stuck to him from hours of work.  He had to call in his wife to help in the kitchen while Dongwoo was stuck up front taking orders and seating people.  
 
Ajusshi hiked up his t-shirt sleeves over his shoulders, grabbed the towel that was hooked to the tie of his apron and wiped the sweat off his dripping face.  His wife, with her greying hair held back in a hairnet, was furiously chopping vegetables to have ready for the doenjang chigae that was speedily disappearing faster than they could keep making it.  
 
Dongwoo walked into the back into the kitchen and placed another order onto the hook that already held 6 orders ahead of it.  
 
"Ajusshi, do you want to switch places so you can rest?  You don't look so good."  Dongwoo walked up to the elderly man with concern on his face.  
 
Ajusshi snapped a towel into Dongwoo's side, "You... get back out there.  I might be old but I'm not on my death bed yet!"  Ahjumma then stood straight and snickered behind her hand that was holding the knife.  
 
"Dongwoo, dear, he's okay.  As long as I'm back here, all is fine.  If I need your help, I'll call you.  Don't worry about us.  We've been doing this longer than you've been breathing."  She came around the kitchen island that was in the center of the kitchen and gently pushed Dongwoo through the curtain doors.  Dongwoo looked back but was reprimanded with a swat to his backside by Ahjumma.
 
"Baekgyu, dear... how did we end up with such a good, kind boy.  Sometimes I wish that he really was our grandchild"  She looked out the curtain door with a mother's heart in her eyes.
 
"I don't know about that.  That kid gets into more trouble than what he is worth.  He'll put us in our graves from all the worry."
 
"But still... if we didn't worry about him, then that would mean we didn't love him."  Still looking through the curtain, she watched Dongwoo greet a foreign gentleman that had just walked through the restaurant's door.
 
 

 

Dongwoo took the man to the nearest open table that was just newly wiped down.  Grabbing eating utensils and a cup of ice water, he brought it to the table and layed it in front the elderly man.
 
"Niceu teu meet you.  I weu takeu you ordeu"  Pulling a pen and pad out of his apron pocket, Dongwoo stood there ready to hear English to come out the man's mouth.
 
Instead in Korean, "No need to try to speak to me in English.  I've lived here long enough to speak in your tongue."
 
"Ah...Ah!  You speak Korean.  Thank God.  My English is restricted to a summer's worth while I studied in Canada.  Ajusshi thinks I'm fluent.  Just because I was in Canada for a summer doesn't make me fluent." Then Dongwoo smiled and laughed.
 
I like this kid.  He smiles genuinely and doesn't treat me like the foreigner I am.  
 
"So... I've only been here once before but I liked the owners doenjang chigae then.  What is something else at this place worth eating."  After looking at the menu, he looked up into Dongwoo's face with interest.
 
Looking up at the ceiling, Dongwoo thought to himself.  "Ahjumma is here today.  So you are super lucky.  She can throw together the best wugeoji galbitang on this side of the ocean."
 
"I don't know what that is but if you say so... I'll try it.  Also, can you bring me a can of beer."  He closed the menu and handed it to Dongwoo.  Dongwoo then looked into the man's face.  He then cocked his head and thought there was something familiar about the man.
 
"Mister, have we met before?  I feel like I know you or something."
 
"Not likely, I just recently moved here.  And I've only been here once before, unless that was when we last met.  But I don't remember you."
 
There is something about this guy.  Where have I seen him?  Why... ?  Dongwoo then tried to shake out of his thoughts and took the menu and order and headed back to the curtain door.  Before entering, he turned to look at the foreigner that sat alone.  Something about that face... those eyes...
 
 

 

After spending the entire day of having Myungsoo walk me to each class, to every potty break, even to lunch, we finally arrive to the front doors of the women's dorm.
 
"Myungsoo, we are back at the dorm now.  You can let go of my arm.  It's time for us to 'break up' from this imaginary relationship."  I tried to wriggle loose but the harder I tried, the tighter he held me.
 
"What is my name?"  He looked me directly in the eyes.  That stare of his was ice cold.  If I didn't know him, I would have been scared.  But on the other hand, after getting closer to the guys the past week, I've realized their vices, weaknesses, and personalities.  Today, his ice stare wasn't going to work.
 
"It's Myungsoo.  That's your name.  I don't know why you don't like your name.  Your parents liked it enough to give it to you.  Why disrespect them and call yourself 'L,' huh?"  I gave him the same icy stare back.  Our faces were only inches apart.  If he wanted a stare-off, I was going to win.  I was sick of calling him a letter of the alphabet.  
 
"Noona, why?"  He broke off from the staring contest. "Why can't you call me L?  Is it so hard?" He bit the bottom of his lip and began to pout.
 
He finally let go of me and I was able to rub blood circulation back into that arm.
 
"Let's make a deal.  When it's just me and you, you are Myungsoo.  But when the guys are around, I'll call you L.  Can we do that?  Or are you going to be a big baby about it?"
 
He stood there with his hands on his hips in deep thought.  "Deal."  He finally resigned himself to the fact that she was going to call him Myungsoo no matter what.  At least, in public, he could be L in front of the guys.  
 
"I'm going in now." I was starting to walk away but I needed to know. "Myungsoo!"
 
"What now, Noona?" It would take time for him to get used to being called his real name.
 
"Um, before I go in... um... how is Dongwoo?"  I felt heat rise to my cheeks and my skin turn a darker shade of pink.
 
Myungsoo laughed. "I was wondering when you would get to asking about him.  He's fine.  Same old, same old."
 
"Um... did he say anything about that night?"  I looked down and used the toe of my shoe to create imaginary circles.
 
"No.  Why?  Did something happen?"  
 
"Um... no!  Was just wondering, that's all."  Still making imaginary figures with my toe.
 
Yeah, right.  L sees all and knows all.  Noona, you can't deceive me.  Hahaha!
 
"Oh, okay.  Well, Noona, I gotta go.  I have to report in to Sunggyu."  He turned and started running and then turned around and cupped his hands around his mouth.  "Noona!" He yelled.  "Don't forget!  Hoya will be here tomorrow morning!"
 
How could I forget the hellish prison called the men of Infinite...