The Dragon

Hallelujah

     To Agent Minho the intelligence division of the SM agency wasn’t anything impressive to behold.  He was used to order, acting on command, thinking in the moment and hoping everyone survived. Intelligence relied less on order and more on coffee it seemed. They moved at a slower pace down here, casually tapping away on their keyboards and waiting for the infamous Key to unlock a case.

    “And to your right is the break room…,” Taemin explained to the security officer as they toured SM’s basement floor, aka intelligence. “Hyung, are you listing?”

     “Yes, go on…Taemin was it?”

     He remembered my name; no one ever remembers my name! Taemin thought before simply answering “Yes,”

     “Can you show me where The Key’s office is?” Minho questioned, breaking the small amount of awkward silence that occurred after Taemin’s response.

    “You mean Agent Kibum?”

    “Yes, I hear he can locate the details to unlocking any case.”

    “I suppose that’s true.” Taemin answered. “But, he’s incredibly moody and demanding while he’s working on a case. I’d stay clear of him if I could.”

    “I believe that’s not possible,” Agent Minho began with an authoritative air to his voice. “He’s the main reason I’ll be working with the intelligence division.”

    “What’s going on? It’s really unusual to see security agents working down here. I thought you guys were all about field work?”

    “Normally yes, but this is a special case. You’ll be briefed on a need-to-know basis. Now if you’d excuse me.” Minho bowed before leaving Taemin’s side.

    Why did he bow to me? Taemin thought taking a seat at his desk and turning on his computer.

    “That security agent sure is intense.” Jonghyun laughed stopping to lean on Taemin’s desk. “He practically threw me out of Kibum’s office, something about classified information.”

     “Yeah, he sure is intimidating.”

    “Plus, he’s a giant. No one should be that tall.”

    “You’re just saying that because you’re short.”

    “Watch it, I’m still your senior officer.” Jonghyun teased. “But, seriously. I want to know what he’s doing here.”

*********************************************************************************************************

    Patience, Precision, Power, and Pride…, that was the motto his organization had set, a motto he lived by, a motto others died by.

    The sun was in his eyes, making it hard to see the target‘s location. He needed to change positions. Not paying attention to the sun’s movements was a rookie mistake and one he wouldn’t have made if his partner were here. Unfortunately he was on his own.

    It was a simple assignment; eliminate the target and be discrete. Moving along to roof’s edge, he searched for another perch away from the sun. Time was running out. The car was approaching. He spotted it as soon as it to the street, a black limousine with one . It was not the most high ranking hit he’d been assigned, but enough to require his full attention.

    The limo came to a stop two buildings down. It was just far enough for his rifle to reach without compromising his position. Slow and steady he braced his weapon on the roof’s ledge. All he had to do was wait. A few moments passed before there was any movement about the vehicle. Much to his annoyance the only people to emerge were the driver and two bodyguards. The guard’s eyes scanned the surroundings for any threats to their charge, but they would not spot him, no one ever did.

    Concluding that things were safe, the guards opened the limousine door. As soon as his target stepped into the view of his scope, he fired. The bullet connected, sending the target to the ground and the street into a panic. Squeezing off three more shots, he rained fire down upon the street below. Satisfied with his work, the assassin swooped away from the scene as if he were just a puff of smoke. He wasn’t called The Dragon for nothing.