Welcome to SM Intelligence

Hallelujah

    Static echoed through his ear piece, communication lost hours ago.
Something was wrong. 
Why had they left him with this monster? What was he supposed to do now?
     Taemin smiled sweetly at the person next to him, his target. This was supposed to have been an intelligence mission. Get the information, place the tracking device, and get out. Things weren’t going as planned.
    “Is there something wrong?” The man questioned. He was getting suspicious.
   “No,” Taemin cooed. “I’m  just a bit tired.”
   “Right,” The man’s eyes focused on Taemin with uncomfortable scrutiny. Did he know? How could he? “Shall we retire then?”
    “Uhh…,” his heart was pounding in his ears. They couldn’t leave this room together or it was all over. “I should probably go home.”
   “Home?” cruel eyes studied his face, making Taemin uncomfortable. Why had he gotten himself into this? “But, Minnie I thought you wanted this?”
    “I did, but it’s a bit overwhelming…, can’t you wait for me?” Taemin questioned placing a slender hand on his target’s knee.
    “Who wouldn’t wait for a striking women like you…,” the man breathed leaning into him. “That is…if that was what you were….,”
    Taemin’s eyes widened just before he felt the impact and his world faded into darkness.



6 months earlier

    “Here’s your coffee, hyung.” Taemin stated placing a steaming mug on Special Agent Kim Kibum’s desk.  The agent didn’t even move his eyes from the computer screen in front of him in acknowledgement. No one ever paid any attention to Taemin. He was just the team secretary, why should he matter?

    “Is there anything else I can get you sir?”
    “No just go back to your desk. I’ll let you know…,uh…Min?”
   “Taemin,”
   “Right…, sorry.” Agent Kibum answered finally focusing on him.
   “It’s ok…,” Taemin replied, then added quietly  “I’m invisible anyway.”
   “You’re not invisible…, you’re coffee boy…,” a familiar voice laughed from behind him.
   “Jonghyun..,” Kibum squeaked rising from his desk. “I mean…Agent…Sir…., uh…..,”
   “Calm down Agent Key…., we’re not in a war zone.” Special Agent Kim Jonghyun smiled placing a closed case file on Key’s desk. “I may be you’re senior, but we’re still friends. How many times do I have to remind you.”
   “Sorry…,” Kibum sighed. “I forgot. It’s just I’ve been having trouble collecting information on this case.”
   “I believe in you. They don’t call you  The Key for nothing.” Jonghyun smiled. “You can crack anything. So coffee boy, team leader wants to see you in his office.”
   “Me?” Taemin choked. Team leader never wanted to speak to him. He wasn’t important enough.
   “Yes you.”
   “Maybe he wants a donut?” Agent Kibum, aka The Key, answered opening the case file on his desk. “ Hurry up Min. Onew Hyung doesn’t like to be left waiting.”
   “It’s Taemin…,” His reply fell on deaf ears, for his hyungs were now mussing over the new case info with their backs to him.

     The SM agency holds an exclusive intelligence contract with the South Korean government. They are responsible for controlling the nation’s secrets as well as keeping an eye on national security issues. Taemin was drafted into the organization two years ago as a trainee. His hopes had been to become a member of the security team. The agents responsible for assassinations, guarding dignitaries, and secret missions he could only dream about. So far all Taemin’s been assigned to is pushing paper work in the intelligence division. The only action intelligence officers saw were the occasional attacks on their computer systems. He didn’t even get to carry a gun.
     “Ah…,Taemin,” Team leader Agent Lee Jinki, or better known to his coworkers by his codename Onew, greeted as he entered his hyung’s office. “Just the person I wanted to see.” Onew had a huge smile on his face which made Taemin a little less nervous. His smile was one of the reason’s Jinki made such a good team leader. He was authoritative without being mean and had a face that people trusted. Taemin bowed low, formally greeting his hyung.
    “Please, come in and take a seat.” Onew gestured to one of the chairs situated in front of his desk. Taemin’s eyes followed his Team Leader’s hands to land on a third person seated in the room.
    The man rose from his chair and bowed low at Taemin’s approach. He was tall, much taller that Onew hyung, and his huge round eyes held a hint of danger like there was more to him than could be seen. Definitely not an intelligence officer.

     "This is security Agent Choi Minho.” Onew introduced. “He’s going to be working with our department on a special case. I want you to make him feel comfortable. Get him whatever he asks for.”
   Onew’s words ghosted over Taemin’s mind. He was too busy studying the security agent in front of  him. Taemin had never had the opportunity to be this close to a member of the security division. They were the top ranking team at SM and people rarely seen skulking around the intelligence division. Agent Minho was an impressive person to behold. He held a deadly air about him, as if he could snap your neck at any moment and not think twice about it. The gun hanging casually from his belt just added to his deadly allure.
    “Taemin…, did you hear what I said?” Onew’s voice broke into Taemin’s thoughts.
   “Yes sir,”
   “Good, I’ll leave introducing Agent Minho to the rest of the team to you. I have to finish entering field agent data into the computer.”
    “Yes, sir.” Taemin answered backing out of the room.
   “Sir,” Agent Minho bowed to his hyung before following the secretary out of the room.

 

---------------------------------------------------

More coming soon! Including the introduction of our assassin bad guys :)

Comment! Comment....., COMEMNT! Good, bad, Ugly IDK :)