Pointless

POINTLESS

Dead Leaves

 


"No. Don't fall." she heard her mumbled, staring at the tree outside their shared unit. It was Saturday afternoon and the wind blows off harshly-- making those leaves move along it, some falling. "Aish."

She laughed at her childish antics, it's been awhile since she started watching that tree. "Miyoung-ah~" she hugged her sideways, nuzzling my face on her shoulder sleepily. Her bestfriend's really cuddly.

She pouts with what she called her, "I mean Fany-aaaah~" she cooed, she's her weakness. She can't be mad. She flicks her forehead before glancing back at the tree outside.

"Don't fall." she pouts again.


It has been three years since they met. On a barbeque stall where Jessica accidentally ate Tiffany's order making their very first interaction.

It has been three years since the two went cuddly and acted sisterly.

It has been three years since Tiffany met that tree.

It has been two years that she and Jessica take care of that tree.

It has been two years when Tiffany noticed the dead leaves falling off from the tree.

It has been three years that shes in love with Jessica for every good reason she has.


...and it has been three years since Tiffany wished every time that it winds while looking at that tree, For it not to fall. More of a reminder to herself for her not to fall for her anymore.


The message was never for the tree. It is for Tiffany herself.


"Oh. Tiff. I need to go.. Hae already arrived. See you later!" Jessica beamed as she received a message from her husband who just got back from China with his family, not forgetting to kiss her cheek before skipping out, "Bye!"

Tiffany soon touches her cheek where the blonde just kissed her, "Never, never fall." she looks back to the window, staring at those dead leaves ready to fall. Again.


------


Can U smile?

 


"Can you smile?" Tiffany asked the blonde who's been blank the whole day. Sure she doesn't know her, yet. It is the first time that they meet though. But what bothers her is that she haven't smile to anyone eversince.

"I won't made my muscle tired with that stupid gesture." she said; rolling her eyes on the brunette who she just crossed path on unfavorable circumstances. "And will you please stop bugging me?"


Tiffany on the other hand, being the ambassador of Goodwill (and make this blonde smile project) will not give up easily. "I, Hwang Tiffany will not stop until I make you smile." she beamed eagerly, stretching the blonde's face.


It was a the second semester for their course aka summer class for all the students of Psychology students since the university catered victim's of a terrible earthquake in Seoul for 4 months good, freezing all classes that time. So there will be no reason for Jessica to smile at all. She should be back in L.A. this time and having some good time there. Not in here.


"I, Jung Jessica, will never, ever smile for you." shoving her hands away and covering her face for any sudden attacks. The pout that Tiffany gave her made her heart twitched. It's a bad sign.

"Hey... I just wanted to see everyone smiling. It made me happy." Tiffany said; looking down.

"Aren't you overacting?" Jessica retorted. "It was weird for a random person to suddenly approach you and ask you for a smile."

"No. I mean it." the glint of pain on the brunette's eyes somewhat signals her that something serious is currently happening or.. maybe more than that. "Sorry for being random though." she said, masking her pain with those eyesmiles again. "But I really like to see you smile."

"I don't even know you."

"Then lets get to know each other!" Tiffany chirped then grabbed her hand for a shakehand, "Hello! I am Tiffany!"


Three months has passed and Jessica still refused to smile; which made Tiffany really challenged. They become friends though.

Jessica somehow gave Tiffany some history about herself and the reason why she doesn't smile. Trust issues. Family problems. Friend's Betrayal. Love's unfaithful turn. All makes sense. But Tiffany used that as a motivation for her goal; make her smile.

 

 

"Jesssiiiii~!" her ever loud voice echoed through the hallway; startling the students in the process. Jessica covered her face to hide her embarrasment with what the other just did.

"Don't shout."

"I got a letter!" she grins as soon as she stepped infront of the girl. "Look!" she waved the envelope on the blonde's face; her internship on one of the biggest PTWS-PTS Facilities has been approved, her powers will be once again tested-- after her mission on Jessica of course.

"Congratulations!" she said in a high pitch tone-- though her face seems to be blank. They are friends, but sometimes people doubt that.

"I thought that will make you smile." Tiffany sighs. Jessica dragged her to one of the empty room then faces her.

"Congratulations sweetie, I mean it." Jessica, for the first time after years, used the endearment she had for Tiffany on their sms and smiles softly at the brunette.

"I.. uh.. whoa." she felt her heart stopped for a moment with Jessica's rare yet sincere smile, she's lost for words. What she planned to say if ever she'll smile would be, 'behold! Tiffany's power has gotten in to you!' but none of those words come out. "Beautiful."

Jessica's face brightens up with that; hugging the girl lovingly. "Thank you." it was a refreshing feeling for her personally. The feeling of someone loving her again and someone putting her efforts towards her just to see her smile, made her tummy flipped.

Tiffany leaned in and pecks her nose, "I am really glad to see you smile."


Jessica is inlove. Eversince that day she asked her to smile. She know she'll fall in love. And Tiffany on the other hand, has long been in love. They now know the feeling is mutual. No confessions needed.

They walked out hand in hand, both smiling--- shocking the entire university. They are smiling also. The queen is back.

Another three months has passed and the bond grew stronger, although her smile is still rare after that incident.


It was the time for the students to have their on the job training.


Tiffany on her dream place. Jessica on one of the prime hospital is Seoul.


It was this certain day in September, the 19th to be exact. New batch of PTWS patients just arrived in their facilities-- also it'll be the same day where Jessica will be going to her place to fetch her. They missed each other too much. Especially her smile. They haven't talked in a while due to jam-packed schedules and other errands. But Jessica will make it up to her.


Tiffany is currently doing a project with the patients on one of the rehabilitation hall on the second floor. They are doing some activities, others are drawing some pictures of the happy things they see. Some singing and dancing. Totally having fun.

One of them currently sharpening his pencil, grinning, "Miss Hwang!"

Tiffany gave her brightest smile-- the key factor that made those people recover fast or have their tension ease up. "Yes?"

"Can you please see my drawing?" he said softly. Tiffany walked closer to him, accidentally bumping on the table, causing for the metal props to fall down. "Oops sorry."

Other patients helped her picked them up, aside from the guy who called her, he was staring at her in horror, his senses was triggered by the sound that was almost a war-like, "You!" he launches to Tiffany and stabbed her with his sharpened pencil, thinking she was an enemy. Too hard that it went deep in her body, multiple times on the stomach and chest, It was a big commotion and the guards are quick to pull him off from the bloody lady. "No!" he wiggled off powerfully, and launches again to Tiffany, stabbing her on the chest area, the pencil stick on it, the guards shoot him with taser gun as they avoid to have gunshot sounds inside.

The stabbing finally stopped as he passed off due to the high voltage.

"Tif..fany." Jessica felt the world crumbles under her feet. She quickly runs to her as the people call the emergency team. "Tiffany!" she said, crying, trying to stop the bleeding with her hands.

"Sicachu." she said, gasping for air. "D-Don't cry."

"The doctors will be here any moment. Hold on okay?" she cannot do anything but wait, soon enough, she noticed Tiffany's eyes started to droop down. "Tiffany!"

"Sica ah.." she grinned as blood starts flowing out of . "Stop crying you ugly.." she managed to let out a hoarse giggle. "C-Can you smile?"


That's the first request Tiffany asked her.. Jessica doesn't want for it to be the last. "Tiff.." she smiles softly before Tiffany closes her eyes.

"I love you."


"I am smiling now! Wake up!"

 

---

 


Whoop. Don't mind me.

 

-hansoo