A Thousand Years

A Thousand Years

 

 

Lu Han’s parents asked for another opinion from another specialist and they were all waiting for him inside his office. He was staring outside the window when he noticed something, a person from the connecting building of the hospital, on a rooftop. It would have been okay until he saw him jump. His blood rushed through his veins. Did he just saw him fly? He rubbed his eyes. Was he dreaming? Or was it a product of a dying person’s imagination? He pinched his cheeks. It hurt him. He wasn’t dreaming. So he considered the second option. He continued staring at the said flying man. But this time, instead of flying, he saw him falling at a high speed. He felt bothered and curious all at the same time so he excused himself to his parents telling them he has to go to the restroom, that he did not need a company, and that it would not take long and hurriedly went to the scene.

It did not take him long to reach the exact place, as he calculated, the flying man would fall. It really is not to be expected for the said flying man to still be there but he still searched nonetheless. Based from his condition minutes ago, he bet him to still be there. He just didn’t know where exactly, but he’s there. And he was right.

“Ouch.” an unfamiliar voice grumbled. “What do you think of me? A rug you can step on?” he asked angrily while his left hand that Lu Han stepped on. “My poor hand...”

Lu Han bowed several times to apologize for stepping on him. “I’m sorry, I did not see you there. I’m sorry. I really did not mean it.” And only received a growl in response.

The said complaining man, who Lu Han assumed to also be the flying man he just saw minutes ago, was lying on the ground comfortably like he is actually doing some sunbathing only it is night. He did not seem to get major injuries from falling which is really weird considering the building where he jumped off is too high. He stared at him, narrowing his eyes questionably.

“What do you want?” Mr. Flying and complaining man asked.

“I saw you,” Lu Han started. “I saw you flying.”

Mr. Flying and complaining man froze but recovered right away. “You must be seeing things, human. Go have your brain checked.”

“I must be.” He agreed. “The flying must be a product of my imagination. But I saw you fall down that building too.”

Mr. Flying and complaining man did not say anything in his defence so Lu Han took this as a cue to ask more. “What are you?”

Mr. Flying and complaining man chuckled before answering, “Who do you think you are to demand an answer from me?”

“Tell me what you really are and I will never tell anyone about how you ended up not having a single bruise after falling down that building.” He insisted.

Mr. Flying and complaining man raised his left eyebrow. “And who would believe you?”

“If you must know,” Lu Han started, “I came from a very wealthy and powerful family. People would believe anything I say even if it sounded absurd.” He gave his most childish grin that made Mr. Flying and complaining man cringe.

“So irritating.” He muttered.  

“So?”

“I am not going to say anything just to satisfy a filthy human like you.”

“Are you not afraid of getting busted?” Lu Han challenged.

“No. No. And no. So, can you please stop bothering me because I need my beauty rest?” He finally said before closing his eyes, pretending to go to sleep on the ground.   

Lu Han sighed heavily. “It can’t be helped then,” he looked at fake-sleeping Mr. Flying and complaining man “I’ll just have to call the prime minister of Korea and tell him I have an alien with me.”

Before Mr. Flying and complaining man could even answer back, a deep husky voice from Lu Han’s behind started talking. “I don’t think you have to resort to that.” He smiled, teeth exposed, as he shove Lu Han’s phone away from him. “Let me have that phone of yours before you could even call the NASA because I assure you that entity is nothing like an alien.

“Chanyeol” Mr. Flying and complaining man started talking excitedly and is now forcefully trying to shift from lying to seating position. “What took you so long? I am starving.” He pouted. “I can’t even stand, see?”

Chanyeol left out a melodious laugh. “You are so cute when you’re vulnerable, Minseokie. Now I am having second thoughts of giving you food.” He smirked evilly.

“Give me the damned food, Chanyeol. Or you will never ever see Yi Fan’s face again.” He threatened.

 “Aigoo, our Minseok’s having his period.” He teased as he unloads the food outside a 50-kg luggage. “You ate our one month supply of food, considering I just bought them yesterday, so I had to go to the grocery again to buy you these. I hope these are enough for you to regain your energy.”  

“It’s not like Yi Fan needs to eat those food.” Minseok defended himself.

“You forgot I need to eat too, Minseokie.” Chanyeol informed him without breaking the smile on his face.

Lu Han stared blankly at the exchange of conversation between the two men. Mr. Flying and complaining man or now introduced as Minseok ate their one month supply of food. And this guy named Chanyeol brought him a luggage of food to eat. What is he? Some monster with a huge appetite?

“Uhm, excuse me?” he interrupted “I don’t really mean to bother you guys but...” he paused.

“Oh yes, I almost forgot about you.” Chanyeol smiled again as he turned to a now busily eating Minseok, “Is he your half, Minseokie?”

Minseok choked on his food. “Are you kidding me?”

“I was just asking. Don’t shoot me.” He defended himself.

“What is a half?”

“It’s none of your business.” Minseok replied.

 “It is actually a term we use for a human who would voluntarily give out their blood for a vampire partner to drink for a thousand or more years.” Chanyeol replied nonchalantly.

Lu Han’s eyes grew in shock. Did he just hear him say vampire? A blood er?

“What the hell did you just say, Chanyeol?” Minseok shouted angrily as he threw an empty bag of chips at him.  

Chanyeol easily dodged it. “Easy, Minseokie. It’s not like he wouldn’t know. And thanks for this but I would really appreciate it if you will throw something edible.”

Minseok rolled his eyes. “He wouldn’t if you just shut your mouth.” he reprimanded.

“Actually, I would even if...” he looked at Chanyeol “Chanyeol, right?” only to get a nod of approval from the other. “Even if Chanyeol did not say anything about you being a vampire, I would have to live the rest of my life thinking and assuming you as some sort of a monster with a huge appetite.”

Chanyeol suppressed a laugh after hearing the ‘monster with a huge appetite’ part. He looked at Minseok’s direction only to see that vampire fits that description very much.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked Chanyeol irritably. “And you filthy human,” he turned to Lu Han “You must know that our kind is not something to be compared to a lowly living creature like monsters. I am extremely insulted.”

“Isn’t a vampire a type of monsters too?” Lu Han asked.

Minseok shook his head incredulously. “This is why I never want to associate myself to any human; such dumb, deluded low-life entity. I pity your class oh so very much.” He hissed.

Chanyeol faked a hurt expression. “After I wasted my time buying you food, you will say you never want to be associated to my kind?”

Minseok turned to him in disbelief. “Face it, Chanyeol. You’re not a human anymore. You’re Yi Fan’s half.”

“You’re a...” Lu Han hesitated before saying “half?”

Chanyeol just nodded giving him a sincere yet not reaching his eyes kind of smile.

“How many half a vampire can have then?” he asked, now really getting interested with the topic.

“Why are you so curious? What are you planning to do?” Minseok asked back

“They can only have one for a lifetime.” Chanyeol answered him.

“Why do you keep on answering his questions?” Minseok is not amused.

“Why not? He knew you’re a vampire, he knew I am a vampire’s half. So what’s there to hide?”

Minseok mumbled something like “Because you keep on feeding him information.”But the other just dismissed it.

“Then I assume he doesn’t have a half yet? Lu Han asked Chanyeol while pointing his fingers to Minseok

“I don’t need one.” Minseok answered before Chanyeol can even open his mouth.

“Of course, he does need one.” Chanyeol replied, contradicting what the former had just said. “The human food he consumes can never equal to a human’s blood. His body will soon grow weaker if he doesn’t get a half soon.”

Minseok rolled his eyes. How many times have he done that just because of this nonsense conversation they are having. “I said I don’t need one.”

“Make me your half.” Lu Han suggested.

Both Chanyeol and Minseok asked in unison, “Are you serious?”

“I’m dying...” he confessed. “If there is one thing I can do just to prolong my life then I would do it. So please, make me your half.” He pleaded.

“No. Never. Making someone a half is not that simple.”

“How can it not be simple?”

“Tell him, Chanyeol. Tell him. You’ve been telling him a lot about us. So why don’t you tell him how complicated a half’s life is.”

Chanyeol winced. Lu Han turned to him anticipating some answers to his question. “So?”

“Being a half is uhm...what’s your name again?” he asked Lu Han

“Oh yeah, I forgot, sorry for being rude. I am Lu Han. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, Lu Han. I am Chanyeol and this annoying bratty vampire beside me is Minseok.” He beamed.

“I am not an annoying bratty vampire you giant half.” Minseok protested.

“See? Isn’t he annoying? Oh, and stubborn too.” He paused “Where was I? Oh yes, about how it is not easy to be a half. Lu Han, being a half will not only give you ten to twenty years of life. As a half, you will be gifted a thousand or more years to live just like your vampire partner. Do you get it? It means the inevitable would have to happen. Your family leaving you, your friends getting older and weaker.” He gave him a bitter smile before saying, “While you, on the other hand, stay young and healthy.”

“I am asking for an extension to a life that would never go as far as three months. Isn’t it just a reasonable consequence?” he said honestly.

Minseok already finished the food inside the luggage Chanyeol brought. He looked up to him to see the sad, almost familiar, expression curved in his face. He turned to Lu Han and replied, “I don’t know. Let’s just say not all humans think alike.”

“Is that a yes or a yes?” Lu Han asked eagerly.

“Still a no. Like I said, I hate humans. Besides, I hate the smell of a human’s blood. It makes me dizzy. I cannot imagine myself drinking one.”

Lu Han laughed. “You’re kidding, right?”

“What? Can I not hate a human’s blood?” he asked back.

“You’re a vampire. You’re supposed to blood.”

“Humans and their ignorance. I can eat whatever I want. And sadly, blood’s not one of them.” He paused as he tried to the remnants of the chips he just ate on his fingers. “I’m still hungry.” He announced. Both Lu Han and Chanyeol looked at him in disbelief. “What am I not entitled to be hungry?” he asked only to receive an indifferent stare from both of them.

He looked at the building where he fell and the other building connected to it only to realize where he is exactly. So, that’s why it smells so awful. That’s why he’s still getting dizzy. It’s a freaking hospital for the love of Dracula. He needs to get out. But how will he do it when there’s this filthy human trying to coax him into turning him to a half?

 “Human,” he called Lu Han “you wish to be my half, right?” the other nodded excitedly in reply. “I figured I would only let you be my half in one condition.”

“What is it?” Luhan asked all ears to Minseok. Chanyeol, on the other hand, couldn’t believe what the other is saying. He knew Minseok very well. He knew him for more than a hundred years now. He is not that easy to persuade unless, of course, he’s planning something.

“I need more food. If you could give me my food now then I’ll let you be my half.”

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “If you are still that hungry then drink my blood.”

“It’s not that easy, human. We still have to perform some rituals and I cannot do that when I am still feeling weak and hungry. So yeah, go get me some food.” He demanded.

Minseok knew he wasn’t that convincing so he was actually quite surprised when Lu Han bought it. “Okay,” he said “I’ll go get you some food. It won’t take long so wait for me.” 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han came back with some food he got from the hospital’s vendo machine on the same spot he left Minseok and Chanyeol but they’re already gone. He got tricked and he didn’t know why he even bought it. He thought it could be because he learned to trust that annoying and stubborn vampire and also because Chanyeol has that sincere look on his face. He heaved a sigh. He just missed the chance to prolong his life. He doesn’t have that much of a time. What are the chances of seeing them again?

 

 

 

A/N: This is supposed to be a one-shot. Idek what happened. T___T I swear this will be short.. two shots? three shots? IDEK. I need to start on my 'real' chaptered xiuhan fic soon. :\