EP Chapter 8

Elite Protections

 

Chapter 8


Krystal’s POV

After Amber and I escaped from Tiffany unnie’s dorm and were safely back in our own dorm, we both went to sit on the couch to rest.

“Sorry about earlier.” Amber said as she flipped through the channels on the TV.

“For what?” I asked slightly confused about what she was apologizing for.

“You know, with everyone teasing us and stuff…………and about still holding onto your hand even after we were inside.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that, it wasn’t like you were trying to purposely hold my hand.”


It wasn’t on purpose, right?


She was just being protective, everyone does it, it’s completely normal.



“Ahaha, yeah.” Amber laughed awkwardly then stood up all of a sudden, “That reminds me, I have something for you.”

“For me?” I asked surprised.


I only just met her today, what could she possibly have for me?


“Yep and I know you’ll like it a lot.”

“Really? How are you so sure? We don’t even know each other that well yet.”

“Hmm…just call it a hunch.”


A hunch?


“So what is it?”

“You’ll see.” Amber said as she opened the fridge and took something out. I couldn’t see it because it was in a plastic bag.

“Why can’t you just tell me? Why so secretive?” I asked impatiently on the couch.

“Because then it will ruin the surprise.” Amber answered as she seemed to be cutting something, her back facing me.

“Well, I don’t like surprises. I’ll just go over there and see for myself then.” I said as I got up and started walking towards the kitchen where Amber is.

“Hold it right there Princess. Please go sit back down, I’m almost done.” Amber turned her head around to look at me.


Princess?


Did she just call me a princess?



“Why? Just let me see it. I’ll act surprised when you show it to me later.” I whined.

“No can do, now go back and sit on the couch, I’m almost done I promise.” Amber said as she turned to get some plates.


Plates?


Is it food?



Still not giving up, I starting inching towards the kitchen quietly, attempting to get a peek without Amber catching me. Ever so slowly, I crept my way there. So far so good, it seems like Amber hasn’t noticed me yet. Right when I was 3 steps away from her, she spoke up startling me.

“I know you’re behind me. Just go sit down like I politely asked earlier. You will get to see it soon.”

“……….” I stopped moving and kept silent.


Maybe she’ll think I went back or something.


After a few minutes, I started taking small steps towards her again, decreasing our distant. I was only about a step away from her when she sighed loudly.


What the….?


Did she just sigh?



“I know you are impatient, but if you take one more step, I will have to give these to someone else and you will never find out what the surprise is.” Amber said as her back was still facing me.

“……….” I kept quiet incase she was just bluffing, but at the same time, slowly started tip toeing my way back to the couch.

“…you know, you can just walk back to the couch normally, tip toeing is useless when I already called you out. If you think keeping quiet will make me assume you weren’t behind me, well, all I can say is better luck next time.”


Darn.


“Aish!” I grumbled loudly and then stomped my way back to the couch.

“Haha, you need to learn to be more patient.” Amber chuckled.

“Whatever. Who gives you the right to tell me what to do?! I should be the one telling you what to do!” I said angrily crossing my arms.

I heard some more chuckling before footsteps headed my way.

“Technically, I didn’t tell you what to do. It was a mere suggestion. You could’ve looked, but then there had to be consequences. However, because you chose not to, you get to see what I have prepared for you. Now, I know this might not be the best surprise, but it should cheer you up.” Amber said as she moved around the living room and placed a plate on the center of the table.

I looked at the plate curiously. It was covered up so I didn’t know what was underneath it.


I can’t believe a stupid plate of food has gotten me so worked up, this is ridiculous.


I waited for Amber to remove the paper towel covering the plate, but she didn’t. Instead she came around the table and sat beside me.

“What, aren’t you going to show me what it is?”

“Hmm…no, I’ll let you do it.” Amber said as she leaned back into sofa and closed her eyes. She looks tired.

Seeing that she wasn’t going to reveal whatever was underneath that paper towel to me, I leaned it and pulled it off myself. What I saw next shocked me.

“Omo! These are my favorite kind of mangoes! How did you get them, they aren’t even in season yet? Plus, they’re extremely expensive.” I shouted looking over at Amber whose eyes were still closed.

“I have my ways. Hope you like them, I even peeled off the skin and cut them into tiny pieces.”

“Of course I do! I love mangoes! They're my favorite fruit in the world! Thank you!” I exclaimed happily while grabbing a fork and started stuffing the pieces into my mouth.

“Glad you like them.” Amber said as she opened her eyes to look at me.

“Don’t you want any? There’s a lot here for the both of us.” I stated holding a fork out to her.

“Nah, that’s okay. You can eat it all. I’m not really a big fan of fruits.”

“Are you sure?” I asked with a mouthful of mangoes.

“Yep, positive. Seeing how happy you are stuffing your face with the mangoes is good enough for me……but you might want to slow down, you don’t want to choke and die from eating mangoes.” Amber laughed quietly.

“Yah, I’m not gonna choke myself and die.” I replied.

While we were bickering back and forth with one another, the connecting door in the living room suddenly opened. Amber and I turned our heads to the left to see who it was.





OH MY GOD!








“Uh....hey Yuri, what’s up?” Amber asked awkwardly while scratching the back of her head, slightly shifting in her seat beside me.


That’s Yuri unnie?!?!


Amber and I watched as Yuri slowly made her way over to the couch. No one said a word.

Yuri stopped in front of the table looking down at what I assume to be the mangoes.

“…uh, would you like some mangoes Yuri unnie?” I asked politely trying to break the suffocating silence in the room.

She didn’t answer me, but kept on looking at the table.

“…Uh, Yuri? Are you okay?” Amber asked quietly.

No response. It was back to silence.

After a few moments, Yuri suddenly chuckled.

I gulped involuntarily and looked over at Amber. She looks kind of scared.

My attention was pulled back to in front of me as Yuri unnie bent down to pick up a fork on the table, still staring at the mangoes on the table.

Calming down a little, I spoke up again.

“You can try some unnie, they’re really good! I’m sure you’ll love it.” I said motioning towards the mangoes on the table.

Again, there was no response.

All of a sudden, Yuri looked up from the table and stared at us. She looked over at me for a few minutes before shifting her gaze over to Amber.

I heard Amber gulp involuntarily as well.

The grip Yuri had on the fork tightened and she started chuckling.


That’s weird.


Thinking Yuri-unnie was just playing around with us, I laughed lightly along with her. Amber, hearing me laugh, also laughed awkwardly.

Then, all of a sudden, Yuri stopped chuckling and looked at Amber again, her face turning dark.

Amber’s awkward laughing slowly died out and she ended up coughing nervously.

“…so uh, Yuri, what brings you over—”




“YOU.” Yuri said as she pointed the fork in her hand at Amber bringing her other empty hand to her neck, sliding it across in a killing motion. “DIE.”

I was shocked at what I just heard and was still trying to process it when Yuri-unnie suddenly lurched across the table at Amber, with the fork still in her hand.

“AHH!” Amber yelped as Yuri landed on top of her, strangling her neck with one hand and the fork in the other hand raised, in a stabbing position.

“Omo, Yuri-unnie! What are you doing?!?” I yelled panicking.

“Yuri *choke* Yuri, I-I-I *choke* I didn’t *choke* do-do it on purpose, I-I *choke* promise!!” Amber tried saying while being choked.

“You will pay! I will make you suffer just like I did!” Yuri said hysterically.

“Ack! Yuri *choke* don’t *choke*, I’m sorry!” Amber choked out as she had one hand on Yuri’s arm, the arm raised in the air holding the fork.

“Yuri-unnie! Don’t! It’s my fault! I told her to say that! Please drop the fork. Let’s talk this out calmly.” I reasoned while trying to help Amber pry Yuri off.

“Ohohohoho, I don’t think so!!” Yuri laughed wildly as she tightened her grip on Amber’s throat.

“Yuri! Get off! What are you *choke*…….*choke* doing!?” Amber managed to say as her face starting turning blue. “Krystal *choke* help……*choke* me…plea-please.”


Aish, what am I suppose to do!? Unnie is too strong for me.


Having no other choice, I used all of my strength to squeeze myself in between Amber and Yuri, managing to loosen the grip Yuri-unnie had on Amber’s throat.

Amber then managed to wiggle her way loose and kicked the fork out of Yuri’s grasp. Yuri ended up falling on top of me as Amber scampered around standing behind the couch.

Yuri slowly got up, and looked at Amber without saying anything.

“Look Yuri, I’m sorry, but it was the only way.” Amber said still trying to catch her breath.

“You betrayed me Amber. You know how dangerous the Jungs are, especially the older one, yet you threw me right at her.”


Should I be offended?


“And I’m sorry. I never intended to betray you, I promise, but I didn’t have any other choice. Come on buddy, you know me better than that. We are the best of friends. We are the awesome duo. I would never purposely betray you even if my life was on the line. You have to understand the circumstances I was put in.” Amber reasoned.

“Oh I understand alright…which is why I’m thanking you right now…b.u.d.d.y.” Yuri said as she starting slowly walking towards Amber.

“Don’t do this. I don’t want to really have to fight you. Come on. My best buddy. I’ll treat you to ice cream later.” Amber said as she started backing up towards the hallway to our room.

I got up from the couch and Amber looked over at me, pleading silently for help with her eyes.


What am I suppose to do?


There’s no way I can stop Yuri-unnie from attacking Amber. I’m not strong enough.


Aish, think Krystal, think.



“Come on Yuri, why don’t we talk this out calmly, over a plate of mangoes.” Amber reasoned.

“YOU.DIE.” Yuri-unnie stated again but this time with a fiercer look in her eyes. “I will make sure you—”



I slowly backed away from Yuri-unnie as she stared wide eyed at me. I looked over at Amber and was hung open. I started blushing madly and looked away from the both of them. I can’t believe I just did that, this is so embarrassing, but it’s not like I had a choice. I was only trying to save Amber from Yuri-unnie’s wrath.

“W-w-w-wh-wha-wha…….w-wh-why……I-I-I……you just…..” Amber said as she stumbled across her words, still shocked by what just happened.

I looked over at Yuri-unnie and she had taken a seat on the couch.

Amber was still standing there pointing at me with open, trying to form a coherent sentence.


“Stop it, it’s not like I had a choice. I was just trying to help you.” I exclaimed as I blushed even more.



“B-b-but…you just…


























…kissed her….































on the lips.”











----
End of Chapter 8! Yay.
I know this chapter is short, but ....hmm....no buts, it's just short lol but there was kryber, except for the end keke.
comments are always appreciated!
bye