EP Chapter 13

Elite Protections


Chapter 13


Taeyeon’s POV

“Yah, what’s with you people, why are you all staring at Tiffany and Yuri?”

I watched as Tiffany and Yuri awkwardly laugh and nod their heads at each other. The more I watched the two and Tiffany being shy around Yuri, the more I feel infuriated for some reason.

Right now, I wanted to walk up to Yuri and punch her in the face even though I know she technically didn’t do anything wrong. In fact, I should really go up to Yuri and give her a hug for catching Tiffany in time and not letting her get hurt.


Aish!

My mind was a mess.

I need to clear my mind.

I slowly looked away from the two standing there and leaned down to whisper into Amber’s ear.

“Hey, something came up so I’m going to be gone for a while, keep an eye on Tiffany for me, I’ll be back before tonight.”

I didn’t wait for Amber’s response before I snuck out quietly from the table and left the dining court.

I walked to my car and drove myself to a little cliff I came across that day when I was scouting the area. I didn’t tell anyone about it because I figured there’s not much to tell, plus, I can come here to think if I ever needed to without people bothering me.

I sat there quietly, staring out at the trees and houses down below.

What is wrong with me? Why did I get angry at Yuri for kissing Tiffany?

“Aish. Don’t tell me I’ve fallen in…”

Love.

It can’t be. There’s no way. I even reminded myself countless times that I shouldn’t and wouldn’t.

Have I been subconsciously falling more and more for her?

“No. It’s not possible. I couldn’t have…..right?”

I thought long and hard about everything that has happened since I first met Tiffany. I replayed every encounter I had with her back through my mind, stopping at the most recent event, the kiss.

Every time I remember that kiss, even though it was an accident, I get angry. Why?

I then analyzed my own behaviors and emotions. I’ve always been able to deal with my problems on my own and always manage to fix them.

It then hit me, hard.


It’s too late.


I fell for her, even though I tried not to.


I fell for her without even knowing.


If this goes on, my feelings will surely only develop deeper.


What do I do??


The others are counting on me…we’re in this mission together.


They look up to me as a leader, how will they feel if the person they look up to was the first one to break the number one rule of this mission?




Yuri’s POV

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Taeyeon leave. I didn’t bother calling out to her since it seemed like something important came up. Plus, I have bigger problems on my hands at the moment.

While trying to prevent Tiffany from falling, I accidentally kissed her…and almost everyone saw…

“So? Is anyone going to tell me?” Jessica asked again impatiently, though it seems her question seems to be directed more at me because she was glaring at me.

“Uh…” I scratched the back of my neck. How am I suppose to say this?

“Nothing. Yuri and I were just playing a game.” Tiffany suddenly said causing me to give her a curious look.

Does she not want Jessica to know?

“Game? What kind of game?” Jessica questioned further.

“*cough* kissing game *cough*” Sooyoung implied but was hit in the head with a bun.

“Yah, be quiet!” Sunny shushed.

The shikskin pouted and went back to eating her food.

“We...were just playing…rock paper scissors?” I answered quietly.

“Why do you sound unsure?”

“Huh? Uh….I’m not unsure?”

“Then why do you sound unsure about being unsure?” Jessica asked raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms.

“I-I…”

“Yuri’s right, we were playing rock paper scissors.” Tiffany quickly said covering for me.

“…..so let me get this straight, you guys were playing rock paper scissors behind Sooyoung…”

“Yes.”

“….standing up?”


Oh crap, she’s right. Why would we play rock paper scissors standing up? And behind Sooyoung of all people?

I wanted to crawl underneath the table and cower there right about now.


Jessica was giving me a deathly glare.


The kiss between Tiffany and I were still replaying inside my mind.


This caused me to remember the kiss between Krystal and me.


Which caused me to remember my first kiss when I was in 4th grade, don’t ask me why.


And now everyone’s staring at me.


Not to mention Krystal was also glaring at me.



What did I do to deserve all this?



Tiffany’s POV

“…..so let me get this straight, you guys were playing rock paper scissors behind Sooyoung…”

“Yes.”

“….standing up?”


Ah, that’s right, why would we play rock paper scissors standing up?


Aish, why couldn’t Yuri have come up with a better excuse?


“….yep, we were.” I answered as confidently as I could hoping Jessica wouldn’t see through my lie.

I stood there nervously thinking about how Jessica was analyzing and asking Yuri and I so many questions. I was also replaying what happened earlier and felt even more embarrassed. How could this happen?

I peeked over at Jessica and she was quietly observing me.

Gulp.

I averted my gaze over to the people sitting at the table. They all seem to still be in some kind of shock, but who would blame them? No one saw this coming. I didn’t even see it coming.

Eh? But where’s Taeyeon?

I remember seeing her arguing with Sooyoung from afar when I was coming back from the restroom.

Did she leave?




Yoona’s POV


Ohohohohohohohohohoho!

This is way too funny. Yuri unnie just kissed Tiffany unnie…ON THE LIPS!! THE LIPS!! Kekekekeke.


“Hey, something came up so I’m going to be gone for a while, keep an eye on Tiffany for me, I’ll be back before tonight.” I heard Taeyeon unnie whisper to Amber then left quietly.

I wanted to follow, but seeing Amber not going after Taeyeon unnie, I decided I shouldn’t either.

I hope she’s okay though…

I’m worried…it couldn’t be because of the kiss just now right?


“So? Is anyone going to tell me?” Jessica unnie asked again impatiently.

Yuri unnie scratched the back of her neck. “Uh…”

“Nothing. Yuri and I were just playing a game.” Tiffany unnie suddenly said.

Game??

“Game? What kind of game?” Jessica questioned further.

Should I help Yuri unnie out?

“*cough* kissing game *cough*” Sooyoung implied but was hit in the head with a bun.

“Yah, be quiet!” Sunny shushed.

The shikskin pouted and went back to eating her food.

….’kay, maybe I won’t interrupt them…

“We...were just playing…rock paper scissors?” Yuri unnie answered quietly.


Eh? Rock paper scissors? Really Yuri unnie?

Why would you play rock paper scissors standing up? Especially if you’re only using your hands?

“Why do you sound unsure?”  

Ooohhh, you are dead meat….yep.

“Huh? Uh….I’m not unsure?”

“Then why do you sound unsure about being unsure?” Jessica unnie asked raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms.

“I-I…”

“Yuri’s right, we were playing rock paper scissors.” Tiffany unnie quickly spoke up.

“…..so let me get this straight, you guys were playing rock paper scissors behind Sooyoung…”

“Yes.”

“….standing up?”

Yep…they’re doomed. No one can help them now.

“Uh, sorry to interrupt unnies and dongsaengs, but, our next class is starting soon so I believe we should wrap this up and prepare to go to our next class.” Seohyun politely said.

Everyone turned to look at Seohyun.

Omo!


Why is my hyunnie so cute!!!


Not only is she smart, pretty, tall, pretty, polite, pretty, cute, pretty, my roommate, pretty, and not to mention PRETTY, she managed to save Yuri unnie and Tiffany unnie from further interrogations.


“Hyunnie—I mean, Seohyun is right! We need to start heading over to class.” I said getting up.

Woah, that was close, I hope no one caught that.

“Ah, you’re right Seohyun, we need to get going.” Sunny unnie stated grabbing her tray. “Come on Tiffany, our class is further away than the others so we need to go now.”

“Can I go Jessi?” Tiffany asked nervously.

I looked over at Jessica unnie expecting her to yell or be annoyed with Tiffany unnie, but to my surprise, she wasn’t. Her expression from a moment ago was replaced with a soft caring expression. She gave Tiffany unnie a genuine smile and nod telling her she can go.

“Thanks Jessi! I’ll see you in a bit!” Tiffany said happily linking arms with Sunny as the two made their way to drop off the trays.

When Tiffany and Sunny unnie were a distance away, Jessica unnie’s soft expression hardened and she turned to glare at Yuri unnie.

I mentally said a short prayer for Yuri unnie to come back to the dorms safe tonight.

“Let’s go.” Jessica unnie commanded and turned around to leave.


Yuri unnie picked up her tray as well as Jessica’s and followed behind quietly.

Wow, that’s not something you see every day.

Krystal picked up her tray and walked alongside Yuri unnie.

Hmm….

It looks like Yuri unnie will have to deal with two Jungs instead of one.


“Sooyoung!”  Victoria yelled angrily.

“Eh? Fwhat?”

“GO!”

“Huh? Go where—OH! GOT IT!” Sooyoung said as she quickly picked up her tray and dashed towards Sunny and Tiffany but not before stuffing the rest of the chicken into .

“Aish. I swear I’m going to lock her up one day without any food until she can learn to eat and live like a regular human being.” Victoria sighed.

“…but umma…she’ll probably die in 5 minutes.” Sulli said as she picked up her tray.

“I give her 2 minutes.” Amber said getting up as well. “Hey Vic, I’m going to go to class with Tiffany and Sunny so do you mind, uh…you know…”

“Oh. Yeah sure thing Amber,” Victoria answered but then leaned in to whisper into Amber’s ear which I again managed to hear since I was beside Amber, “But why? You know you’re suppose to look after your own person first.”

“I know, but just this once, okay?”

“Alright.”

I looked over at Seohyun and Luna to find the two of them chatting. Seohyun looked up and our eyes met. She gave me a smile and walked over towards me. Luna, Victoria, Amber and Sulli started walking to the tray drop-off place.

Badump.

Badump.



Hyunnie smiled at me.

Badump.

Badump.



Hyunnie is walking over to me.

Badump.

Badump.



So pretty.

Badump.

Badump.


“Are you all ready to go Yoongie?”










…………













EH?!?!







YOONGIE!!??





“I-I j-just heard….y-you just said…d-did you just c-call….EH?!?!”

“Is something the matter?”


I think I just died and went to heaven!

“N-no! O-of course not! I’m I’m I’m I’m I’m I’m I’m I’m—” I try to say but ended up stuttering.

“Are you okay?”

Not wanting to embarrass myself any further, I just nodded my head up and down.

“Okay then, let’s go.” Seohyun said as she started to walk away.

I was still in a state of shock so I quietly trailed behind her.

After dropping off our trays, we met up with the others waiting for us at the entrance.

“What took you guys so long?” Sulli whined. “I was waiting like, forever, and where is hyung?”

Krystal was also standing with us. She didn’t go with Yuri unnie and her sister because she doesn’t have the same class as them.

“Yeah, where’s Amber?” Krystal asked looking around. “Is she still inside?”

I looked at Victoria waiting for her to come up with an excuse as to why Amber wasn’t with us when she has the same class as us.

“Oh, she had something to do for the rest of the day so she’s not going to attend class with us, but don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll be back at the dorms around the same time we get back.”

Everyone nodded their heads in understanding except for Krystal who seemed to be in deep thought.


What is it with people being in deep thoughts lately?


Amber’s been doing that a lot.


Taeyeon also.


Victoria’s started doing it recently.


And now Krystal?


I wonder what they’re all thinking about…



“Ok, well, let’s go to class now.” Victoria said taking Sulli’s hand. “We don’t want to be late.”

Everyone nodded their heads again and the six of us set off.

While we were walking there, I couldn’t help but think back to when Seohyun called me Yoongie?

Why did she call me that? Or did she? I’m not hearing things am I?

Nah.

But it makes me all the more curious.

I should ask her.

“Umm…Seohyun?”

“Yes?”

“Umm…w-why did you….”

“Why did I what?”

“Umm…why did you c-call me……Y-yoongie? Y-you did call me that, r-right?”

I fidgeted with the ends of my shirt as I felt all the heat go to my face. I must be blushing really badly right now.

“Hmm…yep, I believe so.”

Okay, now I’m completely flustered. My mind is completely blank and I think I’ve lost the ability to breathe. I might just die in the next few minutes.

“…but that’s only because you called me Hyunnie. I figured I should give you a nickname as well. It’s only fair.”

Okay, I just died, again.

So she did hear me when I accidentally called her Hyunnie out loud?



Ahh, so embarrassing!



Sulli’s POV

While we were walking to our next class, I noticed Krystal hasn’t spoken this whole time. I wanted to ask her if anything was wrong, but a red-faced Yoona unnie caught my attention before I had a chance to.

I turned my head around completely to get a better look at Yoona unnie. She was walking next to Seohyun unnie. The two of them were behind us. They seem to be talking to each other, but I couldn’t quite catch what they were saying.

“Umma, why is Yoona unnie’s face all red?” I turned back around to ask Victoria umma.

“Hmm? Yoona’s face is red?” Victoria umma asked turning her head around to look behind her. “Omo, you’re right, her face is really red.”

This caught Luna’s attention as she also turned her head around to take a look.

“Wait, is she blushing?” Luna asked squinting her eyes a little.



-Other side of campus-



Amber’s POV

“Hey guys, wait up.” I called catching up to Tiffany, Sunny, and Sooyoung.

“Eh? What are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked.

“To accompany you guys.” I answered hoping Sooyoung understands what I really mean.

“Really? But don’t you have your classes to go to?” Sunny asked me.

“Oh, uh, well, I figured your class is more interesting than mine so I wanted to check it out.”

“….that’s no reason for you to skip your own class though.” Sunny reasoned.

“It’s only once right? You’re just seeing what our class is like right?” Sooyoung stated.

“Yes.”

“Yeah, there’s no harm in that Sunny. She just wants to see what our class is like.” Sooyoung said giving me a wink.

Aish…

Whatever you need to figure out Taeyeon, figure it out fast.




-Warehouse outside of campus-



No One’s POV

“Did you get the documents and everything sorted out?”


“Yes. Also, we’ve decided to go one by one.”


“One by one?”


“Yes, instead of targeting all of them at once, we will target them one at a time.”


“I see, go on.”


“Since they will eventually figure out who we really are and up their security, instead of trying to ambush them or wait for them to take us out, it’ll be easier and more effective if we get them one by one. When they start realizing they won’t be able to protect those six, they will be sent into a state of panic.”


“Are you sure this will work? Do not underestimate the seven of them.”


“It is worth a try, if it doesn’t work, we can always fall back on our original plan to get them all at once. They might not figure out that quickly what we plan on doing even if we fail the first time.”


“…okay then, proceed with your plan.”


“Yes, we will immediately.”


“If I may…”


“Yes, please go ahead.”


“Who is lucky number one of the six to be targeted first?”


“Ah, yes. Well, you see, we narrowed it down to three, however…”


“However?”


“…we’ve decided to target the most important one out of the six that we need.”


“Aiming so high already? Won’t she be the toughest to get to? I’m sure they’re all protecting her first.”


“That’s what we thought, but my sources have told me they’ve each been assigned a particular individual.”


“Oh? Is that so.”


-clattering was heard outside of the warehouse-


“What was that? Was it those darn raccoons again? Aish…..”


“You were saying?”


“Ah, yes. We’ve decided that….


our first target


















will be





































Krystal Jung.”


























-----
End of Chapter 13!
What'd you think? I know, there was barely any kryber in the past few chaps..but what can I say, my fingers did all the typing so blame them :p  but, i will try to make the next chap kryber..(i don't want to rush things, plus some of you may have already guessed it, but b/c of a certain reason, I cannot write a lot of kryber moments yet)
Anywazzz, comment on what you think of this chap. or what you've been thinking of for the past several chaps. When I'm writing, I read the comments and sometimes I write to what ppl are asking and stuff (kinda of like this one where there was more yoonhyun moments)
Bye~