I Love You More Than Samgyupsal [one-shot]

I Love You More Than Samgyupsal [one-shot]

 

 

 “Samgyupsal! Oh my gosh, look at the rows and rows of Samgyupsal! I must be in heaven!” Lu Han exclaimed, as he enters the BBQ restaurant.

“Dude, why are you such an embarrassment?” Xiu Min responded, obviously embarrassed by his best friend’s actions. It’s been five years since they’ve known each other, but Xiu Min still isn’t used to Lu Han’s embarrassing moments, which have a higher occurrence than the rain.

“He had always been an embarrassment, Hyung. When was he not?” Yi Xing replied, as he sat down at their assigned table.

“Do you not remember how he reacted when he saw Donald Duck that time when we went Disney Land?” Jong Dae sighed. “Everyone was staring at us, and, trust me, it wasn’t just because we were good looking.”

Lu Han rolled his eyes. He tried to stand up for himself but was interrupted.

“Or do you not remember that Lu Han hyung banged into the glass door earlier just now?” Zi Tao added. “He ought to be the king of embarrassment.”

“Excuse me, but at least I didn’t mix up between ‘hyung’ and ‘oppa’,” Lu Han retorted. “Zi Tao dear, how could I be the king when you’re around? No one could ever claim first place in terms of embarrassment if you name yourself second.” He smiled innocently at Zi Tao, whose face had become red with that statement.

“You’re excused, Lu Han, excused from the table to get food for us.”

“But Kris, why do I h-“

“For being mean to our Zi Tao, and also because you’re older than most of us.” Kris smiled.

“But Xiu-“

“Xiu Min wasn’t mean like you.”

“But…”

“This is an order from me as the leader. Go. Now.”

“You meanie!” Lu Han said, pouting as stood up to get food for the barbeque.

“Wait, I’ll help!” Xiu Min offered.

"Oh my gosh! You're the nicest! I love you!" Lu Han exclaimed, smiling widely with his hands wrapped tightly around Xiu Min’s waist, bringing him in for a hug. 

Xiu Min’s cheeks flushed a faint of pink, then brighter when he realized that people were staring at them because Lu Han had not released the hug yet. He leant his head back, pushing Lu Han away slightly to break the hug, but Lu Han hugged him even tighter, looking at Xiu Min with his doe-like eyes and even pouting a little. He was waiting for Xiu Min to say something, and Xiu Min knew exactly what. 

"Fine, Fine, I love you too. Now let go of me because I'm really hungry!" 

"Yay! Heheh." Lu Han released his grip, and then squeezed Xiu Min’s puffy cheeks before walking away to get two plates’ worth of samgyupsal.

"I really meant it though," Xiu Min said under his breath, as he walked behind Lu Han, towards the rows of food. Not that it was meant for Lu Han to hear it, but sometimes Xiu Min wished he had. All Xiu Min really wanted was to be able to stay by Lu Han, even though it ached to just be Lu Han's friend.

 

*****

“Six cups, please,” Kris said to the waitress, smiling politely at her, unknowingly sweeping her off her feet.

“Six cups of?” Lu Han asked, as he and Xiu Min walked back towards their table, each holding on to three plates of food samgyupsal.

“Soju!” Jong Dae announced happily. “Yay we get to drink drink drink,” he started singing, then stopped himself. “I wished Kyu Hyun hyung was here though, he likes drinking.”

The waitress stared at Jong Dae for a second, surprised at his reactions before turning to look at Xiu Min and Lu Han, scanning their faces, as if looking for hints of them actually being of age to drink.

“We’re of age, really.” They both said in unison, as if they understood what she was thinking.

“Sorry, but it’s our regulation to check anyone who seems underage, so please show me your identification cards,” she smiled apologetically.

They laughed as they both handed their identification cards to the waitress, looking at her go wide-eyed when she saw that they were, truly, of age. They were getting used to being questioned about their age whenever they drink, or rather, whenever they go for anything that actually has an age limit.

“Why do I not get checked?” Zi Tao complained, as the waitress went off to get their cups and Soju for them. “I am supposedly the youngest but…”

“But baby you look like a badass so it’s fine. Isn’t it irritating to actually have someone to question your age wherever you go?” Kris replied.

Zi Tao pouted as he looked towards Kris’s direction. “How was that supposed to make me feel better?”

Kris smiled. “Because the words came out from someone you love?”

The two continued with their cheesy conversation throughout the meal, totally oblivious to the vomiting gestures made by the remaining four.

*****

“Let’s go to Gangnam-gu Sinsa-dong to drink now!” Chen exclaimed excitedly as the six of them walked out of the BBQ shop. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Except one. Xiu Min.

“No Lu Han, your whole body’s red already!” Xiu Min said, while placing his hand on Lu Han’s face. “Even your face is warming up! You should go back for a rest. Come on, I’ll bring you home.”

The others watched as Lu Han resisted Xiu Min’s grip, insisting how he wasn’t drunk when he obviously was. Lu Han has the lowest level of alcohol tolerance amongst them, and it was no secret. Even a cup of 20% alcoholic content Soju was enough to make him drunk, like how he was now.

“We’ll see you guys back in the dorm,” Xiu Min shouted, as he shoved Lu Han into the car.

*****

“Dude, I’m fine, you don’t have to hold on to me so tightly!” Lu Han said loudly, almost a scream, into Xiu Min’s ear as they walked into the building where their dorm was located.

“Yes, I’m sure of that. Just let me hold on to you because I’m scared I’ll fall, okay?”

“Don’t pacify me!”

“I’m not! Do you not remember the fact that I drank your remaining cups after your face got red from your first cup?”

“Yes, but I did not ask you to. It’s not as though your alcohol tolerance level is higher than mine, you know.”

“It’s better than yours, though. And I don’t want you to puke in my car if you had too much to drink like you always do.”

“Video or it didn’t happen!”

Xiu Min sighed as he pressed the buttons for the elevator. “You do know that I don’t carry a video recorder with me for twenty four hours a day, right? And besides, why would I video tape you puking? It’s such a horrible sight.”

Lu Han paused, thinking about the possible scene of Xiu Min video recording him puking. He made a face. “I hate it when you’re right,” he then commented.

“So you hate all the times we’ve spent together? Because I’m always right, you know.”

“Probably. That’s why I love you,” He smiled.

“Please tell me why I have such an embarrassing best friend again?”

Lu Han reached out to hit Xiu Min on the shoulder when suddenly, the lift shook a little. There was a flicker in the lights above and it out. The lift had stalled.

Xiu Min felt his chest tighten. It’s as though his windpipe had constricted in that instant, making breathing difficult. He turned to look at Lu Han, who was shivering with fear at the other corner of the lift.

Darkness. That’s right, Lu Han was afraid of the dark. Xiu Min shoved his hands into his backpack, and came up with his cell phone in hand. He immediately opened the flashlight application that he had downloaded for Lu Han.

“Look, Lulu, there’s light here. Don’t be afraid, okay?” Xiu Min said slowly. His free hand was on his chest because it was aching all of a sudden. But Lu Han was still wrapped in his own arms. He was too afraid of the dark to actually process what Xiu Min had said.

Xiu Min went closer to Lu Han and put a hand around him, the other shoving his phone to Lu Han.

“See, Lulu, there’s light.” Xiu Min said gently, as he Lu Han’s back in attempt to calm him down.

Lu Han raised his head slightly, as if sneaking a peek to confirm what Xiu Min said. He had a faint smile on his face when he saw the light, which made Xiu Min glad, but his heart still ached a little when he noticed the tears on Lu Han’s cheeks.

“It’s… okay now… Lulu. I’m… here, okay? Don’t… worry. You’re not… alone,” Xiu Min managed between breaths. It was even harder to breathe now than it was earlier.

Xiu Min walked towards the door, and pushed the alarm button, but there was no reaction. The alarm had spoilt along with the lift. Xiu Min glanced at Lu Han, who seemed even more worried now that the alarm’s not working. His eyes scanned down to his phone which Lu Han was grabbing onto, and realized that there was no signal. He couldn’t contact anyone to help them out. Lu Han whimpered.

“It’s… okay, Lulu. We would… most likely be… out by… morning.” He said, giving Lu Han a reassuring smile.

“Are you okay, Xiuxiu?” Lu Han asked, sensing that something wasn’t quite right about Xiu Min.

“I’m… fine… It’s… just… hard… to… breathe…”

“Xiuxiu, don’t die!” Lu Han exclaimed, arms wrapped tightly around Xiu Min.

“I’m… not going… to die, silly…” Xiu Min smiled. But he was starting to take deeper breaths, and his eyes were blinking slowly and periodically, as if he was about to faint. Lu Han hugged him even tighter, but Xiu Min couldn’t feel it anymore, he had already passed out.

“Please wake up! I love you, and I can’t live without you. I haven’t officially confessed to you yet! We aren’t together yet, so please don’t leave me, Xiuxiu.” Tears started streaming down Lu Han’s cheeks uncontrollably. He started shouting, both to try to keep Xiu Min awake and also to get the attention of possible passer-bys.

Just then, he heard urgent knocks on the door.

“Is anyone in there? I’m the head of security. Can you hear me?”

“Yes! I’m with a friend! But he’s unconscious! Please help him!”

“The Fire Department will be here to rescue the two of you out in three minutes. Please hold on.”

“Please hurry!”

*****

“… So Xiu Min Ge had a panic attack?” Yi Xing asked as he took the seat opposite of Lu Han, outside Xiu Min’s ward.

Lu Han nodded.

“But he’s okay now, right?”

Again, Lu Han only nodded.

All he could think of right now was how all of it was his fault. How could he have forgotten that his best friend (and crush) was claustrophobic? How could he not sense that Xiu Min was suppressing his own inner fear while trying to calm him down? How could he not notice that Xiu Min was having a panic attack until a few seconds before he actually passed out? Was he too used to being taken care of by Xiu Min that he hadn’t actually been paying attention to the latter? It had already been six hours since the incident, but Xiu Min hasn’t regained consciousness. Tears gathered at Lu Han’s lower lid margin, threatening to fall anytime soon. What if Xiu Min never wakes up? Would he have to live on without him? How could he? Lu Han’s head ached from the many questions inside his head.

“Xiu Min Ge’s opening his eyes!” Zi Tao exclaimed excitedly, pointing at Xiu Min through the glass window.

Lu Han sprang up to his feet and turned to look in the room. Indeed, Xiu Min was awake. His Xiu Min, the one he can’t live without.

“XIUXIU!” Lu Han exclaimed, as he ran in Xiu Min’s room. “ARE YOU OKAY? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? CAN YOU SEE ME? CAN YOU BREATHE PROPERLY? WHY ARE YOU NOT RESPONDING? CAN YOU HEAR ME? OH MY GOD. SOMEONE CALL FOR THE DOCTOR, PLEASE.”

“Hyung, I think that he isn’t replying because you didn’t give him a chance to. But I’ll still call the doctor, you know, just to inform him to take a look at Xiu Min hyung.” Jong Dae said, relieved that Xiu Min finally woke up.

Xiu Min smiled and nodded towards Jong Dae, seemingly to show his thanks. He placed his hands on Lu Han’s head, ruffling with his hair a little.

“I’m fine, Lulu, don’t worry.” He said gently.

“HOW CAN I NOT WORRY WHEN IT WAS MY FAULT? HOW CAN I NOT WORRY WHEN I ALMOST LOST YOU? HOW CAN I NOT WORRY WHEN I HAVEN’T CONFESSED TO YOU YET?” Lu Han’s eyes were once again filled with tears. He wrapped his arms around Xiu Min, bringing his head to Xiu Min’s chest as he sobbed uncontrollably.

“Uh, Jong Dae’s taking a long time. We should all go look for him.” Kris said, as he dragged the younger ones, who were anticipating for a live drama, out of the room. 

“Ge! Why did y-“Zi Tao and Yi Xing said, annoyed.

“Those two old people need their private moment. I’m sure they would appreciate us not being in the room. We can ask them about everything later.”

Kris ended up calling Jong Dae to ask the doctor to come in at a later time, and also ended up having to treat the three younger ones so that Xiu Min and Lu Han could have time to themselves. Of which, he had already made a mental note to get reimbursement from those two for it.

*****

The room ended up being filled with only the sounds of Lu Han’s sobbing after Kris brought the kids out. The two were in an awkward situation now, because Lu Han’s practically resting his whole body on Xiu Min who was still lying on the hospital bed. Everyone who walked by looked in at the pair, then looked away, feeling embarrassed, regretting that they had even looked in at all.

“Uh, could you… close the blinds for me? Everyone keeps looking in and it feels weird. It’s like we’re some sort of exhibition or something.”

Lu Han, whose face was still buried in Xiu Min’s chest, nodded, before he actually stood up and went to close the blinds. Xiu Min giggled a little, because of the sensation he felt when Lu Han was nodding against his chest. It tickled a little, but it felt good. He felt a strange sense of belonging. It made him feel as though he was Lu Han’s and vice versa, and he liked it.

There was a knock at the door before it opened and a nurse walked in.

“Hello, sorry to interrupt. I know that I’m supposed to be here at a later timing but the patient needs to be given his medication now.”

“Yeah, sure,” Xiu Min said, but his focus was on Lu Han. He’s glad that Lu Han had stopped crying. It ached him to see Lu Han’s tears. He gulped down the medication that the nurse gave him, eyes still focused on Lu Han. He handed the nurse his cup, and she left as abruptly as she came in. The two were left alone, again.

“So…” Xiu Min started, “what did you mean when you said you haven’t confessed to me?” he said sheepishly, eyes filled with mischief. He now knew that Lu Han is in love with him as much as he is with Lu Han, but he wanted to hear it for himself.

“I what? No, since when did I say that I haven’t confessed to you? Don’t come up with lies as soon as you wake up, Xiuxiu.” Lu Han started to blush.

“Oh. Then since you’re not planning to confess about how much you love me, I’ll just go get that nurse’s number. She was quite a looker, wasn’t she?”

“Don’t you dare get anyone else’s number, you id- AH!“ Lu Han didn’t manage to complete his sentence.

Xiu Min had brought him into his embrace, his cold lips locking with Lu Han’s warm ones. It felt good, until Lu Han pushed him away.

“YOU IDIOT WE ARE IN THE HOSPITAL. PEOPLE COULD WALK IN ON US. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?” Lu Han exclaimed, face blushing redder than ever. He wanted the kiss, just not here.

“I was thinking when you were going to confess your love for me.” Xiu Min replied calmly, smiling a little.

“I WASN’T GOING T-“

“Do you not love me, then?” Xiu Min asked, obviously hurt and taken aback by Lu Han’s relatively cold treatment.

“I do.” Lu Han confessed. His cheeks got even redder, as if it was even humanely possible.

Xiu Min smiled. “Then why are you not confessing to me?” He pouted.

“I thought… I thought we both loved each other and we don’t have to say it. I thought you knew. I thought you could sense it whenever I hug you. I thought-”

Xiu Min kissed him again. And this time, Lu Han didn’t push him away.

Xiu Min broke the kiss after what seemed like eternity. Both of them were blushing as they smiled at each other shyly, still in each other’s arms.

“So I guess… we’re together now, right?” Xiu Min asked, still blushing.

“Of course, you pabo,”Lu Han replied, as he playfully hit Xiu Min on his shoulder, “I love you more than I love Samgyupsal.”

**END**

Please don't stab me.
I know XiuHan is a rather cold ship, because practically everyone i know ships HunHan instead. But Minseok's my bias, so i want more people to like/ take notice of him. I'm a selfish like that.
Loljk.
I just like this pairing because I find them cute. Although i wasn't kidding about Minseok being my bias, but you get the drift. :P
Also, I wrote this EXO-M fic because I just finished a K's Kaisoo one a few days ago. 
* Hints of KyuDae was because Jongdae's becoming more evil these days and i reckon it's evilkyu's works, so. 
Comments please, if anyone bothers to read this. ^^