7-Bad News

Coming and Going

 

                After a month working at the same firm Minho’s been working at, Luhan’s life has sky rocketed up in the air. The ladies love to do what he asks, whether it’s a simple task like getting some coffee to hard tasks like organizing the time slot for even days because trust when people say it gets a bit confusing after an hour looking over it. Your eyes start to get dazed and hazy, your fingers stop tapping the keyboard, and before you know it, you’re knocked out and about to pass out on the floor. The men love his ideas he presents each meeting and the enthusiasm he brings to the workplace. Some might even say that Luhan’s the reason why the president’s been feeling a bit jolly than always. It wasn’t a surprise when Minho and Luhan were paired up together to take on the next big project.

                Soon enough, the pair presented their model and a brief description which earned a big applause, along with a big bonus from the CEO himself. Guess the dynamic duo weren’t the only ones pleased with their project.

                “Cheers to the perfect partner!” Minho raised his beer glass; the white foam was trickling down the cool, clear glass and onto his long, tan fingers.  Luhan gulped at the sight, his eyes trying to concentrate on his glass in his hands, but failed as Luhan felt himself his lips. Minho turned towards his project partner which brought Luhan back to reality. Looks like the deer caught in headlights came back to his senses (A/N: get it? Get it? Ahahaha)

”Ri-right! Cheers to the perfect partner!” Luhan exclaimed, bringing his glass up in the air.

“To us!” Minho clanked the glasses together before slipping the intoxicating liquid into his system. Luhan couldn’t even take his eyes off of Minho’s Adam’s apple bobbing up and down as he drank the liquid-he didn’t even notice he was parched until he tried to swallow his own spite. Luhan tried to hide his smile, sipping on his drink as casually as he can while trying to calm his mind down, but it’s so hard because damn-Minho doesn’t even know how hot he is right now and because the younger said “To us.”

The bar wasn’t the typical low-life, I’m-so-hot-the-club-can’t-handle-me, neon lights, and all that jazz, but a sophisticated one with a jazz pianist destroying the instrument itself because of the difficult chords he’s playing. A place with people who dressed like they came back from the opera, “Probably a place for rich- people unlike me,” Luhan thought as he gulped down the beer again. But they didn’t even look tired after sitting on seats for what seems like hours. Instead, they were socializing, laughing, the ladies didn’t even mind that their red lipstick smeared on the champagne glasses, men were chatting away, and some couples were on the dance floor swinging it like it was the 1950s all over again. It felt weird for Luhan, but clearly not for Minho because he seemed to be having the time of his life.

“Honestly, I don’t come here often,” Minho laughed, his eyes searching the crowd in front of him.

“Excuse me?” Luhan’s eyes grew large at the statement Minho made.

“Surprising, right? You’d think I’d come to bars often because of social gatherings and the firm, but I don’t really like these places. I’d rather stay home, cuddle under the sheets, and take a nap.”

“I hope with someone,” Luhan muttered, hoping Minho wouldn’t hear it, but then again he would have loved it if Minho did hear it because it’s been so long and he’s so desperate to start over with him again. It’s been ages since Luhan and his ex went out like this with no business to talk about, just talks about how family is, how school is, and how life is. Nothing more, nothing less. Luhan missed it so Goddamn much because it’s just been too long. He’s been away from love for a long time and he misses it. He misses it all.

“With someone? Are you trying to imply something, Luhan?” Minho wriggled his eyebrows in a teasing manner. Luhan’s cheeks became a rosy red when Minho’s hand traced down his right arm and stopped as he felt Luhan’s hand that seemed to become hotter under his touch. He looked into Luhan’s brown doe-like eyes before squeezing the hand into his and brought it to his cheek, letting Luhan outline the sharp jawline and the pointed chin with his fingers. It felt so right for Luhan.

Maybe it was the beer. Maybe it was the atmosphere. Maybe it was the feeling of pride and excitement due to the project. But it just felt so right.

“Did you see that?” Kyungsoo whispered to Jongin, who was currently sitting in front of his lover because Sehun sat next to Jongin, but Sehun’s not here right now because he’s taking care of his business in the restroom.

“See what, love?” Jongin takes Kyungsoo’s hand over the table, lacing his fingers with the older’s to make them feel as one. Kyungsoo flinched, hating that Jongin was doing it in public, especially because it’s so risky right now.

“Stop doing that and you’re really going to tell me you didn’t see them?”

“Stop doing what?” Jongin’s smile turned into a smirk, tapping his fingers on the top of Kyungsoo’s hand as his foot tapped the older’s foot.

That,” Kyungsoo hissed out, kicking Jongin under the table which caused him to squeal like a pig.

“So you’re really going to tell me that you didn’t see that?”

“Well, if you don’t tell me what it was then I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Jongin, we saw Luhan enter here with some guy, right?”

“Yeah, and?”

“That guy looked like Minho. Remember, you showed me a picture of him before, saying that you used to date his boyfriend and how you met him when you were going to Jeju last year? Do you not remember any conversation we ever had?”

“Clearly, he doesn’t remember to tell me anything,” Jongin stopped staring into Kyungsoo’s eyes and Kyungsoo stopped the words to pour out of his mouth when they both heard Sehun’s voice ring into their conversation.

“Sehun, you-“

“You? Yes, it’s me Sehun,” Sehun grabbed his jacket from his seat, pulling out a few thousand wons from his wallet, “I got to the bathroom and already you’re going back to loverboy. Don’t tell me you didn’t figure out I saw this coming. You should really start leaving your phone at home when you go out.”

“You went through my phone?”

“Yeah, that’s exactly my point. Jongin, I expect you to come to my house tomorrow and pick up your things because we are through. And as for you!” Sehun pointed towards Kyungsoo, “I knew you were bad news from the start.”

Sehun left the two speechless at their seats as he stomped out of the bar. 

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I am motivated to start this story up once again:) I hope you enjoy this chapter! More to come soon:)