6-Falling By Accident

Coming and Going

 

“You know if it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have been able to do your exam so stop pouting like that,” Minho’s words stung Taemin’s heart. It felt like he was being constantly punched in the stomach. So Taemin forgot to set the alarm, panicked because he couldn’t find his I.D, left a whir of clothes and papers towards the door, and fought with his lover because it just wasn’t the way his day should start on exam week? It didn’t mean that Minho had to put everything against Taemin.

“Taemin, at least you got to college on time. That’s all that matters, right?” Minho tried to keep his face as neutral as possible, not trying to show any signs of anger, but the whiteness of his knuckles and his hands that wrapped around the wheel and the speed that they were driving at didn’t hide the fact that Minho was frustrated for missing the first 30 minutes of his important meeting. If it wasn’t for him being an angel towards his boss, then Minho would’ve been fired right at the spot.

“No, that’s not all that matters. I made you miss your meeting,” Taemin’s words were faint, almost inaudible to Minho’s ears, but he heard it all.

“It was only the first 30 minutes.”

“Every minute is important,” Taemin looked over to his lover whose eyes were beady and sharp.

“It’s fine,” Minho growled.

“No, it’s not,” Taemin placed a hand on Minho’s arm. He frowned as he felt the arm tense up. Taemin never liked it when his lover was like this. It’s been ages since he’s seen Minho act this way. The last time he’d seen Minho like this was when his father died a few months ago. It brought the older man to tears and every night was filled with sobs and restless rustles between the sheets. In the morning, Taemin saw his beloved clad with sweat, hair sticking on his forehead. It made him worry and whenever he tried to coax him to talk about it, Minho backlashed, yelling and shouting something along the lines that Taemin would never understand which was followed by an apology and a confession of his love. It wasn’t that much of a surprise that Minho would do this, but then again Minho wasn’t the type to snap at the smallest things.

“I’m sorry for what I did Minho, I’ll try not to do it again.”

Those words seemed to only go into one ear and out the other. Minho didn’t reply, nod, or close his eyes as a sign of reply. Instead, Minho stared start towards the road and just drove to their house. He slammed the door after he parked the car, getting a hold of his things and left, leaving Taemin to lie in the car for what seemed like eternity.

Taemin gulped, but the ball of sober, sympathy, and nervousness didn’t disappear from his throat. He felt like someone was pinning him down to the car seat, not letting his legs or arms push him out of the car. He just sat there, letting his mind wonder off.

Was all of this worth it? Of course, Taemin loved Minho with all his heart, but is he willing to stay even with this temper Minho owns? Now that he thought about it, Minho’s been acting up and his temper was skyrocketing. It could be that work’s been too hard, but his job wasn’t that had to do-even Taemin could do it and Taemin hated doing office work. Taemin didn’t know what to do at all. Yet, he didn’t want to walk away from Minho just yet. He wanted to be able to help his lover with whatever was going on.

“Minho?” Taemin crept into the house, putting his bag on the cold, wooden floor and taking his shoes off as quietly as he could, one foot on the heel of the other shoe, chucking it to the other side. He saw the silver suit jacket carelessly thrown to the floor, along with the tie, and the sounds of rustling could be heard from the bathroom.

“Minho?”

“What?” The piercing eyes only made Taemin more nervous. Minho stood in front of Taemin, looking down into the doe-like eyes unlike his that seemed to be shooting daggers at the younger one. He hated being this way, but he couldn’t help it-if he could then he would’ve lost this temper ages ago.

“I’m sorry,” Taemin’s hands let go of Minho’s sleeves and to his sides, gripping on his pant leg as if his life depended on it. Minho’s anger melted away, a sigh reaching his lips.

“It’s fine. I just-I had a bad day at work.”

“Are you okay? I heard yelling from…”

“I had an accident.”

“Yeah, I can see that,” Taemin nudged toward the drastic scene in front of his eyes. He tried to hold in his gasp, but his mouth still hung wide open. The cabinet above the toilet was open with rolls of toilet paper bursting out onto the floor. It seemed like they wanted to run free from the house and not encounter any butts.

“What happened to my precious hou-“

“I can explain.”

“Oh, yes you will explain.”

“I was, well you know, doing my business and I realized that there wasn’t any toilet paper so I was going to get it, but then I realized that I had my pants down. I didn’t want to put them up though because, you know, I don’t want my underwear to get dirty nor did I want to take them off because then that means I have to take my shoes off. So I-“

“Wait, you didn’t take your shoes off?” Taemin’s tone boiled with anger. He always had a set rule that they should never come inside the house with their shoes on, no matter how excited they are (you, as the reader, can always choose what Taemin meant by excitement c:).

“Sorry, but let me finish my story!” Minho put his hand up to indicate Taemin to keep his mouth shut. Taemin coughed, letting out a soft “Go on.”

“So I let my pants hang loose and I stood up. I had my hands on the cabinet, ready to open them, but I got my legs tangled with each other and the next thing I knew…”

“You were on the floor yelling and screaming?”

“Right.”

“Well you could’ve flushed your before opening the door.”

--

“Luhan, how’s your new job?” Sehun slurped on his bubble tea, legs swinging from side to side as his head cradled on Luhan’s shoulder. Luhan petted his friend’s hair, smiling sweetly. They were at Kyungsoo’s home after a long debate filled with whines and traitorous acts of pleas by none other than Oh Sehun himself.

“It’s going great. At least I have a face I’m familiar with there, right?” Luhan shook his cup, searching for the black gelatin like pieces that were still stuck on the bottom. He scooped a few with his straw and started to , producing airy notes to come out.

“That’s true,” Sehun agreed, nodding his head which caused him to want to snuggle into Luhan more. He wanted to feel his body heat reflect on his. He can’t help wanting to do this-old habits die hard.

“Say, it’s awfully quiet in there. Are you sure it was alright for him to come and help pack me out of Kyungsoo’s house? I kind of like it here, you know?”

“Well you have a home and it’s my home. I’m sure he doesn’t mind doing all of this work. He needs the extra movement to get into better shape.”

“But he has a great shape.”

“I said a better shape, Luhan. There’s always room for improvement.”

Yes, with Sehun there’s always another man that tags along with him. They’re a 2-in-1 package and they come together, never going separately unless needed. In the guest room stood Kai and Kyungsoo on opposite sides, one actually packing while the other slacked off.

“You know if you’re not going to do anything, you can just leave.”

“Oh, so now you decide to talk to me?”

“You know that this isn’t want I want to converse about with you.”

“Well you know that I want to. After all those countless text message, phone calls, voice messages, heck even going near your work place wasn’t enough for you to talk to me? You could’ve talked to me before, but you suddenly decide that now’s the best time to talk about this?”

“Why are you the one raising your voice? If anyone has the right to express their anger, it should be me. I had to go through this, Kai. You might’ve been in Cloud Nine when all of this happened, but the past few weeks have been complete hell. I wanted you, I still do, but I can’t stand living in your second life. I want you to want only me and I want you to be only mine. If you can’t choose until then, then I think you shouldn’t even be dating anyone right now,” Kyungsoo snapped, leaving his attention from the pile of clothes to the child who wore glossy, dark brown eyes, leaning on the poster-covered walls. Kai shifted his gaze from the door and to Kyungsoo.

“Have I told you how beautiful you were?”

“That’s not going to change anything.”

“It’s worth a shot, right?”

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything afterwards. He only folded the sleeves of the shirt as neatly as he could, placing them on top of each other in the suitcase. Luhan did offer to help, but it was the best Kyungsoo could do. He wanted Luhan to be able to relax before all the stress that was going to tumble onto him from work. Besides, Luhan couldn’t even make ramen so obviously it meant that he wasn’t going to be able to fold clothes as neat and tidy as Kyungsoo could.

“Kyungsoo,” Kai could make Kyungsoo’s name seem like it belonged to an angel when he said it with his voice.

“Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo could feel Kai’s voice on his lips, the soft vibration passing down to his bottom lip before it was devoured by Kai’s. His soft, dusty pink lips tightly touched Kyungsoo’s before he left a small gap between the two of them. Kai’s nose touched Kyungsoo’s and he stared into the older’s orbs.

“Look only at me, Kyungsoo. Don’t ever leave me.”

A/N: wooow, I haven't written in so long>< I'm so sorry, it's just I've been swamped with a bunch of homework that I don't have much time to write and be on AFF as I used to during the summer. AP classes are tough and taking two is tougher than one. I would love to thank all my subscribers who have stayed with me until this point:) Thank you all so much for understanding.

Soo...how's this chapter for a change? Is Kyungsoo caving into Kai's words? What the heck happened at Minho's workplace? And who's the familiar face Luhan was talking about?
Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out:)