Want to have Lunch?

The Beautiful Me, Only you Can See

The bell for Lunch rings and we all get up from our seats cramped from sitting so long and from writing notes. Some people are still sleeping on their desk from the teachers lesson, and slowly awaken with ridiculous marks on their faces and crazy hair styles. Sun-yeong walks up to me as I finish stuffing my notebooks in my backpack. As I finish I look over to Taemin, slowly putting his stuff away. He then looks at me and smiles. I feel Sun-yeong grabing my arm and she starts to take me to the cafeteria I make eye contact as I walk out the door, and see his smile quickly fade away. I realize he is now completely aware of my existance and cares about the fact that I left with Sun-yeong for lunch instead of him.

I stop looking at the door to our class room and look at where i'm walking. Sun-yeong smiles saying,"wasn't yesterday great!"

I look at her a little confused. "Lunch!" Sun-yeong says a bit angered.

"Oh yeah! Yesterday was...interesting."

We walk to our table and sit, getting out our bento boxes to eat. Sun-yeon's friends join use and crowd around taking up all the seats at the table. I don't know if it's just me, but their has to be more people here today then yesterday. I open my bento and start eating the salmon onigiri my mom made me, which is my favorite. I eat it slowly listening to the girls' conversations, then Taemin enters the cafateria we make eye contact, and I watch him walk gracefully through the room then past me. He watches me the whole time, and sits at his table alone just like yesterday. It seems I am back at square one, but I do have a choice. I could go over and sit next to him. I look at Sun-yeong and she is in a conversation with one of her friends, so I take the opportunity.

I finish my onigiri, pick up my bento and backpack, and squeeze out of the little space I had to sit along with many of the girls surrounding me whining in discomfort. I ignore them and make my way to the table behind me and sit across from Taemin. Meanwhile he is in deep concentraion on multitasking between reading a manga and eating his noodles. "Hey!" I say getting his attention as I sit, putting my stuff down.

He looks up at me surprised and then smiles. "Hi!" He says cutely.

We both smile sillily at eachother for a few akward moments then continue eating. I want to talk with him, but I don't know what to say. I look at him and think about how to start a good conversation. "So who else do you listen to?"

He looks up and thinks for a moment,"I like Michael Jackson, he is a really good dancer. I usually just listen to what is the most popular."

"I see." I say not coming up with a good response.

"What are you reading." I look at his book it says 'One Piece'.

"It's called One Piece, I like it maybe you'd like it too." He says smiling.

"Yeah, it sounds cool, looks cool too." We laugh nervously and eat a bit more.

"So what do you want to do after High School?" he asks me.

"I don't know." We both laugh, as we both haven't thought about our future yet.

I feel like we are running out of things to say then we start talking about dancing and how we want to do it all the time. The bell rings ending lunch and we get up startled, then smile at eachother. I keep wondering if where on the same wavelength, at least that's what some people say when they act similarly. As we walk leaving the cafateria, Taemin turns to me and asks,"You want to go for some  bubble tea after school?"

"Ummm, sure sounds fun." I say a little confused, but I like the idea of bubble tea and spending time with him.

"Great! Meet you outside at the school's sign after school." He says cheerfully. I smile and we walk to class together.

 

Author: It's a bit rough since I haven't writen in a while, but I hope you like it. I'll try to work on the next chapter. :)