Chapter 3

Somewhere along the way.

It was almost four in the morning and Krystal still didn't give her eyes to shut down. It's not that she didn't want to. She was just to tired to even move, tightening her arms around her legs she brought them closer to her chest, resting the side of her head against her knees, finally closing her eyes for a breif moment she allowed tears to flow down her now red cheeks.

That was it. She wasn't a weak girl, then why is she like this. "I'm not weak." she muttered, getting out of the bed.

Right at that moment she decided to act as if nothing ever happened in the first place. It wouldn't be her first time.

Not hearing any noise coming from the living room she thought that even Amber gave up and fell asleep. Unwillingly a smile formed at the thought of her. Amber was so stubborn and that's one of things she liked in her.

Seconds before her hand was to touch the handle to finally open the door Krystal heard a low vibrating sound coming from the direction of her bed. Looking back she saw her phone glowing and vibrating meaning that someone is calling her.

Letting out a quiet chuckle mixed with pain she made her way back to her phone in order to pick it up, already preparing herself to sound and act normal because she knew very well who was calling her this late at night. 

 

Tossing and turning in his bed Jonghyun woke up with a loud irritated groan. Turning his head to the side he saw that it was past four in the morning. He would always wake up around that time. Why? The answer to that question he doesn't know himself.

Groggily he reached for him phone, expecting to see Krystals number on it but to his disappointment there was no sign of it.

Bitting his lower lip he thought if he should call her. Of course he called her this late a lot of times. He chuckled as he remembered all the times she would pick up his calls still half asleep. Putting his phone to his ear, previously dialing Krystals phone number he waited for her to answer the phone.

'YAH! SOOJUNG! What's the matter with you? Only picking my calls now!' he yelled into the phone not giving her even a chance to say anything first.

Krystal laughed at his reaction, now pushing back her hurt in the back. Speaking up now through a chuckle she answered with a lie 'Sorry dino i didn't know where my phone was i just found it.'

Puffing his cheeks out Jonghyun whined at her 'Would it kill you to call me oppa? Y'know i'm older than you.'

Krystal grinned at his question. This wasn't the first time he's trying to make her call him oppa. She didn't want to call him oppa. Everyone can call him oppa. She wanted to be different, not like everyone else so she started calling him Dino. Truth be told he really did look like a dino. And the best thing is that only Krystal was allowed to call him that without him getting mad at her.

'Yes, yes i know that you're older than me dino. But me calling you the o word is so not going to happen. And you know it very well.'

Knowing that she won't give in he gave up. Right when he was about he speak up he got caught off by Krystal.

'Hey, i saw the newspaper this morning. Are you happy? You finally got to meet your ideal girl..' she tried her best to try and mask the pain in her voice, seems like it didn't work as well as she hopped it would.

Jonghyun could have sworn he heard  masked pain in her voice but decides to push it back thinking that she's just tired. 'No. I ..she's not my ideal girl. We just walked after the concert and now everyone is thinking we're a couple. It's annoying. I already love a girl but i can't have her.' he said quietly, nothing but the truth leaving his mouth.

Krystal's heart broke in half. He loves someone. He really did love someone, that someone not being her.

Feeling that she's about to burst into tears once again she quickly spoke up 'Dino i'm tired. You'll tell me all about that lucky girl some other time alright?' with that she didn't wait for his respond before turning off her phone with silent tears falling down her cheeks once more.

Jonghyun on the other hand was surprised by her sudden behavior. He felt like something was wrong but just didn't know exactly what.

Slowly lowering his phone in order to putt it back on the nightstand he quietly murmured 'I love you, Krystal.'