Chapter 2

Somewhere along the way.

"Sekyung was at last night's SM Town concert. Was it because she feels the same way towards SHINee's main vocalist Jonghyun?" was the headline in the newspaper earlier delivered to f(x)'s dorm along with their breakfast by their manager. If the manager knew about maknaes feelings he probably wouldn't even bring the paper with him to the dorm in the first place. But that's the thing he didn't know. And Victoria, Luna, Amber and Sulli didn't have the time to hide the paper since Krystal was always with them, never a step behind.

Krystal took the newspaper like she would every other morning, as her eyes caught a glimpse of the headline she felt like someone just grabbed a hold of her heart and squeezed it real tight so tight that her eyes would start to form tears threatening to flow down her cheeks at any given moment. She had to much pride in her to show the hurt to others so she just gently placed the paper back on the table before making her way back to her room shared with Amber. Locking it behind her. 

The rest of the f(x) members immediately formed a circle around the paper kind of afraid to flip the paper over to see what was it that hurt their precious maknae. Yes they knew she was hurt even if she tried so hard to hide it. They know her like the back of their own hand, no secrets can be kept between them. Amber was the one who flipped the paper since she wanted to know what was bothering her bestfriend she wanted to console Krystal. But boy were they all surprised once the headline caught their eyes. Hands flew up to their mouths to cover the gasps leaving their mouth. Now they understood the hurt Krystal felt at that moment. Not only was only the headline hard enough but there were pictures bellow.. pictures of Jonghyun and Sekyung walking down the street after the concert. Alone. That was the moment they knew how much Krystal really was hurt all of them felt hurt because they knew that they couldn't do anything to help her and she was to proud to cry in front of them or talk about her problems.

Ambers anger grew by the second and the next thing they all saw were newspaper flying across the room and Amber running up to her shared room with Krystal. Pounding on the door she yelled for Krystal to open the door but there was no reply only silent, muffled out cries of pain that Krystal though weren't audible.

After hours of Amber pounding at the door for no avail she gave up. She gave up on that idea not on the idea of getting to talk to Krystal somehow. Victoria, Luna and Sulli just stayed aside. This wasn't the first time happening. They knew that Amber won't give up until she gets to talk to her, then they'll get out of the room and the first thing Krystal would say would be 'Where's the food. I'm starving.' while pretending that nothing ever happened in the first place.

Surprisingly.. or not this time was different.

Krystal didn't open the door to Amber. She was up locked there the whole day with no signs of her giving into Ambers desperate pleas for her to let her in. The rest of them knew better than to meddle in now. So they stayed aside. Once it was two in the morning. All of them barely kept their eyes open, all of them were now in front of the stubbornly closed door pleading Krystal to let them talk to her but she just kept quiet. Not that she didn't and to let them know that she was alright even if she wasn't. It's just that her voice it felt like she didn't have it at all like she forgot how to use it.


With vision blurred from all the tears she cried out today Krystal checked  her phone. Ten messages and seventeen missed calles all from the same number. All from him. This was the first time she didn't want to pick up his calls. She knew he was worried but considering that he hasn't called or texted her for almost an hour she though he gave up or fell asleep thinking that she forgot where she left her phone. Which happens to her a lot but not this time.


Jonghyun on the other hand was laying in his bed thinking back at what happened yesterday night. Yes he was with Sekyung. She was his ideal type of girl. He was always fanboying over her when he saw her on TV so he always thought that he would be the happiest person ever if he got to meet her in person. But when he got his wish come true. It wasn't it. It wasn't what he expected. His heart wasn't making flips and his stomach was calm which he couldn't say the same when he was with Krystal. They talked but his mind was always going back to his bestfriend. Snapping back from his thoughts he tried reaching Krystal for god knows what time. But soon gave up as he thought that maybe she just fell asleep or doesn't know where her phone is because she would pick up her phone in a matter of few seconds when it was him. With those thought he slowly drifted off to sleep, hoping that once he wakes up he'll see her message or a missed call from her. Anything really just as long as it was from her.