Chapter 5

Somewhere along the way.

Krystal kept running afraid that Jonghyun was just a few steps behind her, her vision was bury from the tears that didn't seem to stop spilling out of her eyes.

Truth be told she didn't even know where she was headed  to all she knew was that she couldn't be near Jonghyun at least not now.

She came to halt as she recognized the place where she was in, just a few minutes away from their dorm, she turned her head to the side, smiling weakly while tears didn't stop at the cafe at the corner.

All the memories rushed to her head. All the times her and Jonghyun spent there.

It was like their second home.

After their long grueling days they would met there no matter what time and just sit there and rant to eachother about the things that were on their mind.

One particular memory rushed to her mind, the one that she cherished the most. The time when she first felt those butterflies in her stomach that were telling her that she loves Jonghyun more than just a friend.

She blinked at the memory and when she re-opened her eyes that were still darted towards that cafe she blinked again knowing that what she was seeing isn't true. It can't be.

Her brain is just playing tricks on her.

But something kept her from walking away and she ended up just standing there with her head slightly tilted as she kept blankly staring at the cafe across the street too consumed by the scenery that only she was seeing.

There she saw a scenery know all too well to her.

She saw a year younger Jonghyun and herself laughing in the corner of the then empty cafe.

She chuckled bitterly knowing all too well what they were talking about.

They were laughing because people for god knows what time mistaken them for a couple.

Tears started to form again as she saw them shake their pinkies in a promise that they won't fall for eachother because they are the best of bestfriends.

'I'm sorry..i didn't manage to keep our promise.' she quietly murmured to herself.

When she brought her gaze back to the pure memory that was playing in that cafe she saw Jonghyun kissing her cheek in a friend like way well not her her the memory her but still.

Her heart did an all too well known heart flip to her.

Yes, that's when she first felt butterflies that were caused by him, that's the time when she started looking at him as something more than a friend.

As they were now exiting the cafe she heard a painful scream 'Krystal'

Blinking once she looked around herself to see the source of that scream but once she failed in doing that she returned her gaze to the cafe, expecting to see her memory still there but to her surprise she didn't see herself there.

Just Jonghyun.

Thinking that it was just her memory she shook her head ready to walk away.

'Please don't' his scream seemed more painful than ever as he dashed towards her, not even checking the street before he did so.

As she turned her head to look at what she thought was just a memory she felt strong arms bring her into a tight hug.

She couldn't help but wonder at how come her imaginati-- memory can feel so real?

Because this all was just in her head.

Jonghyun wasn't really here.

He wasn't hugging her.

He probably when back to Sekyung she thought.

Jonghyun only tightened his grip around her bringing her even closer to him then she already was.

He had no plans on letting her go, afraid that she will just run away from him if he even loosened his grip even a little.

'Please don't leave.' he whispered in her ear quietly, pain spreaded all over his words. Finally it hit her.

This wasn't a memory or just her imagination. He really was here, right?