Wedding Dress

It Must Be Fate [semi-hiatus]

 

My heart’s confused.

My heart’s lost.

My heart’s yours.

 

For the past three weeks, Dongho has been fetching me from school and bringing me on dates. Each and every day he appeared at my school, Jaeseop would be there with me and glares would be shot between the two men.

Well, technically they were so immature I wouldn’t consider them to be men.

Jaeseop had to stay in school for extra lessons, so I trudged out of school alone. Looking around, I was half expecting Dongho to be there. Yet there was no sight of him. Shrugging it off, I continued walking, hoping to be home before Dongho dragged me onto another date.

I walked to the traffic junction outside my school and waited for the red light to turn green. Cars whooshed past, creating large drifts of wind, causing the skirt of my uniform to fly up.

I pinned my skirt down in a panic. Suddenly, I felt someone press themselves against my back. Strong arms wound themselves around my waist, and I felt someone breathe down my neck, making goose bumps rise.

“Dongho,” I said breathily. I already knew who it was without looking. My arms were held down by his, so I couldn’t tackle him.

“Hmm?”

“Let go of me, you idiot.”

Scowling, he let go of me. I straightened my skirt just as the traffic lights flashed bright neon green. I crossed the road, hearing Dongho shuffle his feet behind me. Reaching the other side, I turned around to see where Dongho was, to find out that he was right beside me.

“Noona, are you angry that I was late in fetching you?” He looked at me with apologetic eyes.

I raised an eyebrow. “Since when did I become your noona?”

“Since you were born three months before me. Anyway, I like noonas~”

“Shut up. I don’t need you to like me.”

Dongho grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together, pouting as we walked. An electric current seemed to run through me, causing me to tighten my grip on his hand. I didn’t want to let go, no matter how much I hated him.

Did I actually hate him?

“So, where are you taking me to today?” I asked, breaking the peaceful silence between us.

“To try on your wedding dress.”

I gulped. A wedding dress… I wondered what it felt like to wear one. I wondered what it felt like when my mother wore one.

 

“Okay, now let’s adjust the petticoat and zip you up properly,” The seamstress was in the changing room with me, which felt really awkward. But it was kind of a good thing too, because I had no idea how to wear the wedding dress.

Her experienced hands wove through the many layers of fabric, straightening them at places, pushing them together at others. She went behind me and pulled on the long zip that ran up my back. Almost immediately, I felt a slight tightening around my torso, but it disappeared after the seamstress tugged on a few strings, tying the ends into perfect ribbons and securing it with rose pins.

“There, all done! Look into the mirror now.”

I spun around slowly, facing the full length mirror in front of me, admiring the beauty of the skillfully sewn silk.

The dress was strapless and hugged my torso snugly, flaring out at the waist into a bell, which ran all the way down to the ground. Small sequins were sewn onto the hem of the dress, creating a pattern that resembled blooming roses. The lily white of the dress faded gently into a baby pink colour at my torso. The sequined roses spread up to my waist, ending just at where my hips were. Tiny jewels on the torso of the dress reflected the glare from the spotlights above my head, throwing small, faint rainbows across my dress. Small pink ribbons lined the side of the dress and white netting covered my hands and arms.

While I was busy admiring the artwork on my body, the seamstress had tied my hair up, making loose strands fall to frame my face. My fringe was swept to the side of my face, and a headband lined with pink roses was placed on my head. Lifting the hem of the dress slightly, I slipped my feet carefully into the white heels in front of me.

“Your hair will be fixed differently on the actual day, this is just something to make do with. Do you like the dress?” The seamstress smiled kindly at me.

As much as I didn’t want to get married, this dress was really too beautiful. I hugged the seamstress, thanking her endlessly for designing and creating the masterpiece I was wearing. She just nodded and asked, “Shall we get your fiancé to take a look, then?”

Well, it was more like a statement rather than a question.

The seamstress walked out and the curtains of the dressing room were swept back. Hesitantly, I stepped out of the dressing and spotted Dongho sitting on one of the randomly placed chairs, drinking water.

When he saw me, his eyes widened and he started coughing. Was he choking on the water or did he have a sore throat? I held the dress and walked over to him, being extra careful to not step on it. “So… how is it?” My heart started racing as I heard the seamstress leave the room, closing the door softly behind her. I didn’t want to be alone with Dongho. I hated him.

I hated him…

Dongho cleared his throat, stood up and strode the two steps needed to get near me. I flinched at his sudden closeness, my personal space being invaded. I had no idea what this boy was capable of, and I sure didn’t want to find out. I looked down, avoiding his gaze which I knew was trained on me.

He cupped my cheeks in his big warm hands and forced me to face him.

“It’s beautiful… no, you’re beautiful,” he whispered, making shudders run up my spine.

“Shut up… you know it’s not.”

“It is.”

He leaned down towards me, breathing softly onto my face. His breath smelled of mint and citrus, an intoxicating scent I couldn’t get enough of. I leaned towards him and closed my eyes as he closed his.

“You’re too tall, I don’t know where your damn face is,” I opened my eyes suddenly and glared at him.

Dongho, without opening with eyes or saying anything, pulled my face forcefully towards his. Our lips crashed. I leaned into the kiss immediately, and shut my eyes. My arms wrapped themselves around his neck. His tongue flicked out of his mouth and across my bottom lip, causing my breath to hitch. I felt something warm snake its way into my mouth, battling with my tongue. Not wanting to give in to Dongho, I pressed my body against his and fought with his tongue. I felt his hands leave my flushed cheeks to hold my waist, his long fingers running up and down my partially exposed back.

My mind suddenly registered the situation. Snapping my eyes open, I pushed away from Dongho, wiping my mouth with the back of my clothed hand. I couldn’t care less for the netting now, I just wanted to get Dongho’s taste off my lips.

It felt so familiar, it felt so safe, it felt so comfortable, it felt so… right.

The only other guy I had ever kissed was Jaeseop, but his kisses were nothing like Dongho’s. His were soft and gentle, but Dongho’s ones were rough and dominating, demanding.

I could feel tears b in my eyes. I couldn’t believe I had done that. The door opened suddenly, and the seamstress walked in.

“I’ll change out now,” I told her and entered the dressing room, leaving Dongho behind. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

sorry for the slow update! i'm getting busier now and my exams are also coming, so this fic and my other ongoing fics will also be put on semi-hiatus. I might update really slowly, or not update at all D:

so sorry! 

meanwhile, i hope this chapter's good enough! decided to finally put in some action :3

comment please~ <3