Confessions for a surpise (part 2); yunjae arc -end-

Confessions for wedding

A month later, a week before the long winter holiday, Yunho had arranged a date with Jaejoong. Only Yunho knows of the schedule which leaves his lover in suspense. Everyday Jaejoong would count down to his date and spread his happiness to his friends which they mark as annoyance. They grumble, complain, shouted and screamed at their best friend to stop and sit still but the latter refuse, bouncing happily when it was the day to his date.

“Yunnie is bringing me out tonight. O.M.G guys, tonight!” Jaejoong slammed his hands against the table and jerk forward to tell his friends.

“Jae, for gods and our sake, Stop. Telling. Us. When. You have been going on and on everyday every hour about your date. We only need a reminder and that’s it!” Yoochun yelled in frustration crossing his arms over his chest while Junsu rolled his eyes and Changmin tried to plug his ears with his ear piece.

Jaejoong pouted. “But guys… I’m sharing with you my joy!”

“What for? We are together in school, during lunch, after school EVERYDAY… we get your joy Jae, we really do!” Changmin complained.

“B-but…”

“But what? Just shut up, really” Junsu’s turn to complain.

Jaejoong whined a little and sighed “fine. One last thing, I’m going on a date!”

Instantly, the three stood up and walked way leaving their oldest brother at the table calling out to them.

“Just ignore him”

Night came and Jaejoong prepared himself for his long-awaited date. He wore his best outfit for the night and sprayed on a little of his favourite cologne. Not forgetting the bracelet and other accessories which suited his attire, he wore his matching shoes and went out to meet his lover.

Yunho was waiting outside a restaurant dressed in his favourite attire too. Sleek and simple would be his theme for the night. A car drove by and stopped at where his was. Jaejoong pushed open the door to greet his lover and the car behind drove off.

“Hi Yunnie, you look hot today” Jaejoong winked at him. He walks up to him and dust his blouse before pulling him by the tie whispering “and y” seductively to the latter’s ear.

Yunho wanted to kiss his lover badly, but he had to restrain or else the night will be ruined by awkward stares from the customers. They walked hand in hand to their reserved table and sat for a romantic dinner.

Over their food, Yunho asked. “What do you want to do after this? Movies or walk?”

Jaejoong brought the folk and pointed to his lips. “Mmm, nothing cliché please?”

“So no movies and walks… alright, I’ll just bring you to this place. No complains?”

“As long as it’s with you, it’s fine with me”

Dinner ended quickly and the couple left after an hour.

Walking along the streets hand in hand, they chatted about the obstacles they’ve been through together and laughed at some weird memories. Consider their luck unlucky that day because they met a few fan girls along the way, taking photos and screaming their names out loud on the streets, receiving weird glances from pedestrians. It was impossible to avoid all Yunjae shippers in Seoul.

“Let’s go in Jae!”

Yunho had dragged Jaejoong to an arcade. Inside, it was dim and noisy but sufficient amount of light to help them walk.

“Wu-waaah Yunho why are we here?” Jaejoong asked as he got dragged suddenly into the place.

“Nothing cliché remember? Therefore the arcade might be a best choice. Jae, choose one of the toys!” Yunho pointed to the glass window of the UFO catcher.

Jaejoong pointed to a huge hamtaro toy, probably about 50cm in size. Yunho went over to the reception counter and asked about the plush and they said it’s an exchange of 3 medium plushies in there.

Coins after coins, tries after tries, and the couple even gathered crowd around their machine to witness the ‘interesting’ outcome. Yunho was perspiring and Jaejoong helped cheer him up when he wanted to give up. They had 2 plushies in their hands and all they needed was the final one. Not even the couple knew how much money they have contributed to the machine and when Yunho placed the last coin into the slot, he turned to face Jaejoong.

“Baby, this is the last and no more okay?”

Jaejoong whined but nodded his head.

“Here goes nothing…”

Yunho moved the joystick and press the button, maneuvered the stick again and the catcher made its way down. Grabbing the mid body of the toy, trying to balance its central gravity, the toy shook a little. The crowd cheered a little and ‘ohhhh’ when the thing almost fell off the weak arms. When the toy successfully dropped into the hole, the crowd cheered for him and Jaejoong flung his hands up in the air declaring their victory. Yunho has won the long battle. Jaejoong bend down to pick up the toy and jumped on his lover.

“Thank you Yunnie!” With that, he kissed him on the cheek and the crowd once again cheered for them.

Yunho exchanged their toys with Jaejoong’s huge hamtaro and Jaejoong acted like a child, grinning nonstop when the toy was in his arms. Yunho smiled at his lover and pulled him close to his body. He whispered into his ears “don’t forget me” and smirked a little. Jaejoong smacked his arms and he received a ‘naughty’ from him.

“I’m not done yet Jae~” Yunho whined.” Let’s play this machine!”

The machine needed him to form bricks and clear them, pretty much like Tetris. At both sides of the screen, various prizes were hung on each rod and the one on the top were mainly PSP, Nintendo DS and a pair of rings.

“Which would you like?” Yunho asked.

“The obvious” Jaejoong pointed to the rod indicating no.1. “The rings”

“Are you sure? They are not your usual branded good quality stuff” Yunho questioned.

“I have no interest in everything else except those rings. Only Junsu and Changmin will be interested in the other prizes…” Jaejoong looked at his lover.

Yunho changed rolls of coins again and Jaejoong wondered where his lover got all the cash. Yunho moved the joystick and hit the button to let it fall. After a few rounds, a crowd was formed behind them. Yunho hits the final brick down and gained a new high score, announcing himself as the winner. Applauses and praises were heard as Jaejoong once again pounce on his lover. Yunho collected the box which had dropped from the first rod and turned to his lover.

“Wait here Jae while I go redeem the prize.” Yunho winked and ran away.

-

Over at the counter, he showed them thumbs up sign and whispered ‘success’.

“You know what to do!” Yunho told the male staff sitting at the counter and ran off.

-

10 minutes had gone by and Jaejoong was waiting by the side of the machine. Hugging onto his hamtaro, he plopped his head on top of the head and pouted, looking at the other couples walking pass him. He glances at the watch and grumbled.

“He’s taking too long!”

Jaejoong walked over to the counter to look for Yunho but his lover was nowhere to be found. He asked the staff at the counter and he just shrugged his shoulders. Jaejoong got a bit impatient and left the arcade instantly, forgetting that his hamtaro was still on the counter. He walked at first but took up speed and when he pushed opens the door, his voice quivered.

“Is Yunnie going to abandon me?” He mumbled.

Suddenly the streets went dark and Jaejoong stood at where he was. Then, the huge digital screen in front of him lights up, playing a soft melody which Jaejoong found familiar. Words flashed pass (When I first saw this beauty…) then a picture shows up from the bottom.

“Isn’t that…” Jaejoong covered his mouth.

Passerby who was walking along the streets stopped their feet and looked up at the screen. Pictures of Jaejoong when he was young were flashed continuously on the screen and then slowly, elementary school and middle school.

‘The most important moment to me was…’

Pictures of him and Yunho playing together were flashed across the screen and Jaejoong was shocked. The pictures of both of them played from middle school up till the present moment and Jaejoong who was watching began to form tears in his eyes.

Just when the video showed ‘Will you marry me?’ Yunho walked up to his lover from the side, reading out the words. He held a red box in his hand and opened it, revealing a diamond ring around half the ring.

“Isn’t this…” Jaejoong gasped. Tears fell and he covered his mouth still.

“Yes… the ones which you wanted to buy.” Yunho smiled and looked at him.

Crowds gathered together and surrounded the couple, whispering words such as ‘aw’, ‘sweet’, ‘romantic’ and ‘lovely’ to their own partners.

“Yunho…” Jaejoong looked up and stared at his dark brown eyes.

“Yes or No, I’m proposing.”

“Yunho…” Jaejoong raised his hands and cupped both cheeks of his lover. “I do” and pulled him in for a long passionate kiss.

Yunho wrapped his hands around his lover’s waist and pulled him in to deepen the kiss.

The crowd cheered for them enthusiastically and congratulated them.

Jaejoong broke the kiss to catch a breath and Yunho took this opportunity to put on the ring on his lover’s finger.

“You are mine now” and they kissed again.

“Alright you two, stop this mushy kissing thing.” A voice from the side broke their romantic moment.

Jaejoong removed his lips and poked his head out to see who that evil person was. Shim Changmin and gang, he should have known.

“Why… are you guys here?” Jaejoong raised his eyebrow.

“To help out?” Yoochun replied him.

Jaejoong looked at his now fiancé and back at the trio.

“Haha” Jaejoong laughed. “Thanks guys, it was really sweet of you”

The three walked up and patted the couple’s back.

“We’re glad you two got engaged like finally” Junsu said.

“Aw” and Yunho pulls all of them in for a hug. “Thanks guys”

Within a night, images, videos and fan accounts were spread through the entire net and the next thing the boys knew when they step into campus, fan girls ran up to them and congratulated them. Congratulatory note and tribute videos were played around school congratulating the famous couple and to be honest, although it was a joyous occasion, they prefer to have it as a private moment, solely for them to enjoy. But since it has spread to this large extent, the couple couldn’t help but force a smile and thanked everyone.

Jaejoong and Yunho had their own engagement ring on in school and girls would gossip among themselves.

“That is the ring, the engagement ring… kyaaah!” She spazzes over the ‘bling bling’ band.

“I know right! I’m glad our idols are official!” And another spazzes.

Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“I hate those people”

Thank goodness the holidays have started and another brand new story starts.

--------------------------------------------
so how is it so far? hmmm? good/bad? I am done with the Yunjae Arc and The next arc is on Yoosu. I may include a short drabble on behind-the-scenes and this is only tentative, no guarantee!
Please comment kay~