Chapter 10

Hyung, I like you
Happy B.A.P comeback day everyone~ keke

~

"Remember what you asked this morning? If I remembered you?" Daehyun hyung spoke in the dark room as we prepared to go to sleep where he laid in his bed and I laid on the blanketed floor beside his bed. He had offered to sleep on his bed together, but I didn't want him uncomfortable. Despite my excuse he knew I was the one that was uncomfortable. He respected my decision. "You're the delivery boy from that night right?"

I brought up my blanket to cover half of my face and I hummed.

"I called your workplace earlier and they said you don't have your shift today..?" Daehyun hyung ended his sentence as a question. My lips parted with the realisation.

"O-oh, I forgot. I don't have work on Saturday."

"Do you have work tomorrow?" Daehyun hyung asked.

"No. I only work on weekdays aside from Wednesdays."

"Oh...I have work tomorrow... Maybe you could come to work with me if you want? Yongguk hyung usually leaves for work in the afternoon so the house will be empty then."

I didn't want to be left alone, and to think of it I wasn't too close to with Bang Yongguk hyung, so I agreed. "Hn, that would be nice. Goodnight hyung," I said in a small voice. Shortly after his reply I fell into a sound sleep.

-

There were loud sounds that disturbed my peaceful sleep. The music didn't stop so I sat up, groaning to myself and searched for the source. It was coming from a flat device laying on the bedside table. I tried tapping on the screen like I saw people do many times around me, but the sound didn't stop. I turned to wake Daehyun hyung up.

When he started to stir, the sound stopped and I looked at the device strangely. Seeing that Daehyun hyung was still asleep I quietly got into my covers and tried to sleep again.

No longer than a minute that I started to drift off that there was that music again. I threw the covers off me in frustration and shook Daehyun hyung awake.

"Hyung! Turn it off!" I whined at him. His eyes were still closed, so I was about to shake him harder when I saw a smile forming on his face, and, suddenly I was caught in a tight headlook.

"Aish why are you so adorable," Daehyun hyung said as I struggled to escape while he easily took his mobile device and slid his thumb on the screen to turn off the alarm.

He put the device down and turned to face me. I blinked a few times as he just stared at me and I tried to wriggle out of his grip again only to be pulled into a hug, arms and legs wrapping around me tightly. I could deal with that although I was blushing hard, but the unexpected smooch to my cheek had me coloured redder than a tomato.

"Junhong-ah! You didn't know how to turn off that alarm? You are so cute. Too cute!" Daehyun hyung laughed.

I hadn't meant the pout on my face. "It's not my fault that I don't have those complicated machines."

"Machines?" Daehyun repeated, and I nodded. He laughed again, rolling on the bed now and his limbs went limp so I slipped out of his hold and stomped out of the room downstairs where I heard utensils clinking.

While Bang Yongguk hyung cooked at the stove, I slumped down the chair.

"What's up Kiddo?" Bang Yongguk hyung chuckled, seeing the obvious irritation in my actions.

"Daehyun hyung made fun of me," I huffed, but then the aroma of food wafted into my nostrils and I stood up from the chair and went up to Bang Yongguk hyung. "Bang Yongguk hyung, what is hyung cooking?"

Yongguk hyung chuckled, "You don't have to call me by my full name, do you?"

I lowered my head shyly, "Ahh...Yongguk hyung."

"It's tomato soup," Yongguk told me as he stirred.

My mouth formed an 'o' and I curiously watched him cook. As I watched, Daehyun hyung came downstairs and walked up to us. I wanted to show him that I was still angry with him, but his action next took the thought away. His arms wrapped around my waist from behind and he rested his cheek on one of my shoulders naturally. I was left a blushing mess.

"Ooh hyung made us soup," Daehyun cooed.

Before Daehyun hyung could give another remark Yongguk hyung shooed him so he could help on the utensils. Seeing that I was just standing there doing nothing, I decided to help too.

-

After breakfast, as Daehyun had offered last night, we got ready to go to Daehyun hyung's workplace. I got into Yongguk hyung's white button-down shirt and black pants while Daehyun hyung wore his own. When I was done looking into the mirror, I turned around to see Daehyun hyung looking at me. He stepped in front of me and reached a finger up to swipe my blonde bangs out of my eyes.

"You're really..." Daehyun hyung trailed off, his hand now resting on my hair behind my left ear. I raised my brows as I started swiping my own hair aside although they kept falling to my forehead. When he retracted his hand he smiled his dashing smile and my heart skipped a beat. I'd always been weak for his smiles. At my trance I almost missed it when Daehyun hyung said, "really really cute." When I didn't know how to respond to that he stood beside me and looked at our reflections. "How old are you?"

My mouth opened and closed without words. I didn't really know when I was born. Recalling back the form I had filled in in my job, I carefully said, "Eighteen."

"Aigoo you're so young and yet you're much taller than me," Daehyun hyung chuckled at our reflection.

"How old is hyung?" I asked hyung, blinking my eyes.

"Twenty-one," he said nonchalantly. Flipping his hair once and running a finger under his bangs away from his eyes, hyung put one hand out for me to take. "Let's go," he said with a smile, and I nodded my head.

It was still early; the streets were almost bare of cars. We walked to Daehyun hyung's workplace on the sidewalk side by side, feeling the cool air graze our skin. The feeling sent light tingles to my fingers as it occasionally brushed against Daehyun hyung's. When a warm library cafe house came into sight, the light press against the skin of my fingers became more firm as Daehyun hyung held my hand.

"We're here," Daehyun hyung said softly, pulling me into the building. The gentle sound of the door chimes gave me a homey feel as we entered the door. The faint smell of paper and coffee mixed well to my senses. I gave a contented smile at Daehyun, already liking it there.

Daehyun hyung smiled back and nodded his head, releasing his hold on my hand as he motioned for me to follow him to the back. The immediate lack of warmth on my hand made me shiver and I shoved my hands in my pockets. The back door opened, revealing a man with chubby cheeks and pink plump lips. I stared at the pretty male, almost discouraged of how I looked as compared to him.

When I saw how Daehyun hyung smiled at the other man I almost backed my steps. I wanted to run away. I felt like I didn't belong there. If it weren't for not wanting to disappoint Daehyun hyung or the hand that easily slid around my waist to bring me forward, I'd be gone.

"Do you think boss would care another joining us?" I heard Daehyun hyung ask the pretty male. My eyes connected with the pretty male's and I quickly lowered my gaze and hid behind Daehyun hyung. Sensing my discomfort Daehyun hyung lightened the atmosphere by introducing me and the pretty male to each other.

I learned that his name was Youngjae. Just like his face, his personality was pretty too. Youngjae hyung didn't forget to include me in their conversation, as did Daehyun hyung. I was happy that I was welcomed here.

Soon after that the chimes sounded and another worker came in. He didn't see me until he wore his apron over his shirt and closed his locker door to finally greet hyungs. His eyes widened when he saw me, and confusedly, I held on when he rushed in front of me and started asking me questions if I was okay.

"Yah! Junhong-ah, are you okay?" he asked worriedly, hands searching for mars on my face and body.

"Hyung," Daehyun called the worker in front of me as he came to us quickly. "What's wrong? Do you two know each other?"

I couldn't recall seeing him anywhere, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I didn't nod or shake my head.

We were interrupted when the door opened to reveal a man much older than the four of us in the room. "Who is this?" He asked, pointing at me.

"Ah, Mr. Kim, I wanted to ask if you could hire him-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid there's no more position for him in my shop," the man cleared.

What was I expecting? I lowered my head, a dry laugh forming on my face, mocking myself. Of course this happiness wouldn't last long for me.