Chapter 9

Hyung, I like you

The door opened to reveal a purple haired man before Daehyun hyung could answer my question. My heartbeat thundered in my ears, making the sounds in the room disappear and I could only see mouths moving. I felt a large hand pressing on my head and ruffling my hair. My hearing cleared as the thundering in my ears subsided and after that I'd only caught a deep voice, asking if I was fine. Kiddo. He called me Kiddo.

Was this Bang Yongguk? I stared at him as if I could find an answer like that.

"I'm fine," I said in a rush, my eyes flitting from Daehyun hyung's eyes to the purple haired man's. Was he Daehyun hyung's brother? But hyung's first name was Jung and from what I remembered from the yellow paper, the name started with 'Bang'.

"Don't be scared. He's my brother," Daehyun hyung said. My question earlier lingered in the air and was left unanswered.

"What's your name Kiddo?" Bang Yongguk hyung asked me and I stared at him, mouth opening and closing, but no words formed. Beside me, Daehyun hyung stayed quiet, as if expecting an answer from me too.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and uttered, stutteringly, "J-Junhong. My name is Junhong."

I didn't know what made Daehyun hyung so happy, but in the next second I was squeezed in Daehyun hyung's arms from my side. Bang Yongguk hyung chuckled at that, stepping up to help me out of Daehyun hyung's grip. "Stop harrassing the poor kid. He's turned red already."

At his words, I realised I was blushing hard. I wasn't used to hugging. I didn't remember the last time I hugged someone, or being hugged by someone. Was I ever hugged? This thought pained me so I shook out of it and just smiled to my two acquaintances.

They were really nice to me. Bang Yongguk hyung invited me to have something to eat downstairs. I would thank them, gently decline, and then leave to go my own way, but I didn't and I found myself nodding my head. I was about to follow him out the door when a hand grabbed my arm, gently tugging me back a step.

"I'll get Junhongie changed first!" Daehyun hyung called at Bang Yongguk hyung over my shoulders and I unintentionally flinched; not because Daehyun hyung's voice was loud, but because the said voice sounded pleasant in my ears. I blinked at him, and he looked at me with his friendly eyes and charming smile, and I noticed our close proximity.

Daehyun hyung seemed to not be bothered by it the way I was. I wasn't exactly 'bothered'; it felt different now because before this people wanted so desperately to get away from me. The further the better.

Not realising that I was deep in thought I gasped when I felt his fingers graze at my chest bone. I was panicking when I removed his hand that was ing my dirty shirt. He looked at me with worried eyes.

"Junghong-ah are you okay?" he sounded really worried, and it didn't help that I was trying to get away from his reaching hands.

"H-hyung," I tried between my difficult breathings. "I-I'm fine. I-I'll- I'll do it myself."

With my words, Daehyun hyung stepped back and nodded understandingly. "Okay, I'll get your change, you can wash up in the bathroom. There's a spare towel in the cupboard." Daehyun hyung turned his back on me and walked up to a cupboard on one side of the room we were in. There was that regretful part of me that wanted to turn back time and let Daehyun hyung do what he wanted earlier just to not see that look on his face. Was Daehyun hyung disappointed in me?

Nonetheless I left for the bathroom and started undressing my shirt and washing away dirts on my body and face at the sink. Shortly, there were gentle knocks at the door and Daehyun's voice penetrated softly through, "Junghong-ah, I have your change, can you open the door for a while?"

I rushed to the door and opened it unthinkingly. Daehyun hyung was startled at my sudden action. He saw me, but quickly averted his eyes. He handed me the clothes that he held, and was about to turn and leave when I asked him to stay.

"Hyung can help me wash up," I said, smiling softly at him.

"Are you sure?" he asked hesitatingly because of my panic attack earlier.

I held his hand and led him inside, letting my action speak for me. He smiled at that and I was relieved. When I started to wash myself at the sink again I was stopped by Daehyun hyung.

"Why are you washing up here, you can take a shower there," Daehyun hyung turned my body towards the shower but I stopped him.

"But hyung's hyung is cooking downstairs, it'll take long-"

"I'll tell him. Now you go take a shower and I'll be back, okay?" Daehyun hyung smiled and ruffled my hair before turning to leave the bathroom.

I had hid the gasp from the jolt of pain when hyung touched my head. Quickly, I went to look myself at the mirror, and saw a scar on my scalp. It was from that day when I got beat up. Sighing, I took off my sweatpants and walked into the shower. Opening the tap, I carefully run the water over my head and when it didn't hurt, I stood fully under the warm water. The water felt so nice that I wanted to stay longer, but I had to hurry so I pinched some shampoo and gently scrubbed my hair.

Suddenly, there were two clicks as the door opened and closed, and I started to panic.

"H-hyung!" I yelped, desperately preventing the translucent sliding door from opening. "Hyung I'm not wearing anything!"

The panic in my voice somehow made Daehyun hyung laugh from outside the shower box. I furrowed my brows. "It's okay Junhongie, we're both men." At my trance the door slid open and I stepped back, squirming under Daehyun hyung's eyes. I waited for hyung to say something, but there was none and hyung was already pinching soap to his palms. "Turn around. I'll get your back."

The sound of the shower filled the small space, and I was glad because it was comfortable despite us not saying anything. When hyung was done with my back, he stepped out of the small box and asked me to finish up and he'll be downstairs helping Bang Yongguk hyung.

I finished up quickly and came downstairs in Daehyun hyung's clothes. The pants were hanging at my ankles and the shirt was a bit tight on my shoulders because of Daehyun hyung's smaller built, but I was comfortable in them. Bang Yongguk hyung said something about me needing to use his clothes instead next time and we laughed. It had me thinking though, was there a next time?

After filling our stomaches I offered to wash the dishes and they agreed. Bang Yongguk hyung retreated upstairs maybe to his bedroom and Daehyun hyung remained seated at the table.

There was a strained silence aside from the clanking dishes, the strained feeling that Daehyun hyung wanted to say something but prevented himself from doing so. Eventually, Daehyun hyung brought himself to speak up.

"Junhong-ah, why were you crying when I saw you?"

I paused; the only sound now was the running tap despite the noisy thoughts in my head. Life. I was crying because of my pitiful life, I wanted to say, but I didn't. The question remained unanswered until I finished doing the dishes.

"I'll leave now," I said, removing the gloves from my hands.

Daehyun hyung shot up from his chair and walked up to me. "Why are you leaving?" He asked, panicked, and despite the reasonable reason for leaving, like my family must be worried about me, I had no reason. I had nowhere to go. I don't want to go. "I'll call your home to inform them that you're okay-"

"I don't have a home." It slipped out of me and immediately I felt pathetic. My life was pathetic and now I made myself sound pathetic. "I'm sorry, I'll leave now," I placed the gloves near the sink and turned to leave, but Daehyun hyung stopped me. He blocked my way from exiting his house.

"Then stay here Junhong-ah," he said, with an almost pleading tone. I didn't understand. Why would Daehyun hyung want me here when everyone else wanted me gone? A lone tear startled both hyung and myself and hyung immediately came to my side to wipe at my eyes as did myself. I sobbed with my head lowered, and to handle the situation Daehyun hyung asked in a gentle voice, "Do you want to stay, Junhongie?"

And I found myself nodding softly.

.

.

.

.

Hello :)) So yeah 'I' is uri Jello~

I've planned this as a Daelo fic even before I started writing this because Daelo is my ultimate otp from BAP. I hope I don't lose too much of my lovely readers >< Though I mentioned in the last chap that I expected it. I'd love comments too :" I hope it's not what I'm writing that's preventing you from commenting...? Tell me what you think so at least I could improve.