Chapter 11

Hyung, I like you
"He works at a restaurant!" The man in front of me shot to the manager. I stared at him, confused of how he had known. "He has experience sir, and...he's also good looking so I don't see why you wouldn't employ him," he added in a small voice. I didn't know if it was his words or the situation that made me warm with nerves.

The man at the door scrutinised me in a short strained seconds, the his expression changed. "Come with me," he said, and turned to leave the room.

I was stunned in my place, and I wouldn't wake in time to follow the man if it wasn't for the small push at my back. I was too occupied to know if it was Daehyun hyung or the man in front of me, so I bowed my head and hurried out of the room. When I sat in front of the manager of the library cafe, I was reduced to a fidgeting mess. I tried to calm my nerves, clamping my hands together so they wouldn't shake too much.

"What's your name?" the manager asked in a manner that helped reduce my nervousness.

"Choi Junhong, sir," I answered politely.

"Junhong-sshi, may I know why you're wanting to work in my place?" the man asked kindly.

"Yes, I work as a delivery boy in another restaurant, but I have days when I don't have my work shift." It was an impromptu question so I thought of a reason quickly, "So instead of staying at home I wanted to work so I could help hyung pay for the house rent." After I said them I realised that I had meant what I said.

"Is your hyung Himchan-sshi?"

I shook my head and in a small voice added, "Ani, it's Daehyun hyung."

"Oh, you seem to already be getting along with most of my workers. Well, Junhong-sshi, I explained earlier that we didn't have space for another worker, but since you're not working on full days because of your other work, I'll employ you to work on your free days."

My eyes widened and I sat up straight in my seat at his acceptance, "Yes, sir."

"Okay, you can start working today. Please write me your profile and state your non-working days," The manager passed me a piece of paper and I accepted it with both hands and started filling my details in.

After shaking his hand, he excused me to start working, and I exited his room with an empty head. I saw Daehyun and Youngjae hyung putting the tables in order not far from the office, and when they saw me, they approached me.

"Junhong-ah, how did it go?" Daehyun hyung asked in a rushed voice, his hand holding my arm tightly and hopefully.

"I'm starting work today hyung," I said with a large smile gradually forming on my face. I saw Daehyun hyung's eyes shine and my heart skipped a beat at his genuine smile. He pulled me into a hug, and behind him Daehyun hyung's pretty friend came up to ruffle my hair.

"Welcome to work, Junhongie," he said kindly and I smiled at him gratefully.

As they got back to what they were doing, I unconsciously started searching for the hyung that greeted and helped me this morning. The library cafe would have started filling in at this hour, but because it was weekend people would come in later. I searched for hyung in the back room. When I entered, I walked up to hyung sitting at the back doing some papers.

"Hyung," I tried to get his attention. He looked up at me and immediately stood.

Occupying his hands on the sides of his black apron he asked, "How did it go?"

"He accepted me," I said, and smiled when I saw him grin.

"Gomawo Junhong-ah!" he pulled me into a tight hug and swayed us from left to right. I giggled. When he released me I said his name.

His eyes widened, "You remember me?"

I nodded. It was true. Somewhere between the manager mentioning his name and me searching for him, it rang a bell. He was the person who helped me when I was hurt and gave me the feeling of motherly-love and home. I was very thankful of him.

"Thank you for accepting me, hyung. And for helping me that night and today."

He waved it off with an awkward laugh. Even with the awkwardness of it I could feel myself growing comfortable with him.

-

The whole day, between work or when there were no customers needing help, Himchan hyung would come up to me and he would always manage to start a conversation with me. It was a new feeling; having someone that was actually interested in me at work. I was usually left aside, or when I was included, it was only for domineering me.

"How's your head?" Himchan hyung's gentle fingers grazed the bruise on my scalp.

"It's healing," I said, assuring him.

He asked me why I had left without waiting for him, and somewhere in our conversation I had ended up telling him that I was now staying with Daehyun hyung. He would have found out eventually because I would come and go home together with Daehyun hyung.

With Daehyun hyung brought on topic, I suddenly realised that I hadn't talked to Daehyun hyung aside from small hums and "okay"'s when we crossed while serving the customers. My eyes immediately searched for him from the place where I stood, and just as our gazes met, I felt Himchan hyung's fingers slide out of my hair and I was left alone with my heart beating crazily in my chest.

-

When it was close to the closing hour, I saw Daehyun hyung come out from the aisle of books at the very end. Unconsciously, I hid behind one of the closest bookshelves so he wouldn't see me there. I didn't know why I had hid myself. As my fingers brushed against the spines of the neatly arranged books, I realised that I hadn't passed the line between cafe and library.

Subconsciously, I walked further inside, and as I reached the corner, I saw a man with attractive features and toned body, getting up to return a book on its shelf. He saw me and I almost wanted to back away, but he paused in his movement to give me a friendly nod and I gave him a nod in return. He left the aisle of books and out of the building, leaving swinging glass doors.

When I returned to the back room, only Daehyun hyung was there, zipping up his bag.

"Hyung," I said, in a stuttering, quiet voice.

"Oh, Junhongie," he said, mustering a small smile. There was an inidentifiable silence between us. It was unsettling. Somewhere between our paths today, we hadn't crossed well. "They've already left. Himchan hyung said bye."

"Oh, mm," I hummed, unable to say anything else. What was this strained feeling between us?

"Come out if you're done," Daehyun hyung said, "I'll switch off everything outside."

I hadn't the chance to answer for he had already left, but then it was fine because I didn't know what to say either.

When I was done, I closed the light and locked the back door behind me. The library cafe was already dimly lit; only the lights at the door shone where I saw Daehyun hyung stood. I walked up to him, my steps silent molding in with the quiet room. I stopped behind Daehyun hyung just in time his finger grazed the light switch and with a click we were plunged into darkness and my breath hitched.

Daehyun hyung turned around when he heard my presence.

My heartbeat thundered so loudly in my ears I was afraid he could hear them. I felt his breath ghost over my jaw at our proximity and my lips tickled at the sensation. As light from outside seeped in I could make out Daehyun hyung's features, and time seemed to freeze as we stared into each other's eyes.

.

.

.

.

A/N: It's B.A.P's first win today and I am extremely happy so here's an update for everyone~! Check out my BTS fic too if you're interested in them ^^ I apologise for any and all mistakes!