Chapter 6

Change is inevitable

“ Hihi! “ Kai waved excitedly at Luhan as he entered the club alone. “ You’re early! Lay hyung isn’t here yet. “
“ I know, haha. I just wanted to come earlier and maybe do some work here. I’m usually at EXO this time of the day. “ Luhan explained as Kai nodded understandingly.
“ You can really dance. “ Luhan complimented as Kai blushed.
“ I’ve been learning since young. I can do jazz and ballet. “
“ That’s cool… “ Luhan smiled. Kai was in many ways alike to Lay, yet there were so many underlying differences between the two as well.
“ Do you want to learn? “ Kai smiled.
“ The dance? The mother one? “ Luhan asked as Kai frowned.
“ It’s MAMA. And it’s by one of my favourite bands! Come learn come come! “ He pulled Luhan up childishly as the latter complied, deciding not to fight with someone so much younger than him.

After a few demonstrations of the dance by Kai, Luhan already got the basics and could dance freely to the song as well, much to the awe of Kai.

“ Hyung, you’re amazing! As good as me already! Wanna join our group? I think you’d be a good addition… Plus you can join the Chinese team! “
“ The Chinese team? “
“ We’re divided into 2 smaller sub-groups, actually. “ Kai explained. “ The ones in the Chinese group are Kris, Tao, Lay, Chen and Xiumin. If you join, it’ll be 6 to 6! Cause in the Korean group, there’s Bacon, Yeol, me, Suho, DO and Sehunnie already. It would be great if you could sing also, because apparently Chen is handling too much of the high notes already and his throat isn’t in a very good condition. “

“ I don’t think I can actually… “ Luhan confessed. He didn’t like performing in front of a large group of people. When he was young, his mother had disliked him to put in effort into anything else except studying, and he had to hide his passion for singing and dancing. Maybe that was why he enjoyed watching the performances of DBSK so much. Because they realized the dreams he could never make come true.

“ I’m sure you can, hyung! You’re talented, really. “ Kai encouraged as he patted Luhan on the shoulder. “ Has Lay hyung seen you dance? “
“ Obviously not. “ Luhan rolled his eyes. “ I would probably just embarrass myself in front of him. “
“ You’re good, hyung, really! I’m actually trying to choreograph to a dance now, it’s called history. Want to help me? “ Kai laughed. He needed to boost Luhan’s confidence in himself. He had potential.
“ If you don’t mind my y moves. “ Luhan laughed. This dongsaeng sure had a way to lighten the stress on him.

“ HEY KIDSSSSSS MUMMYYYYYY IS HEREEEEEE! “ Kyungsoo burst through the door with Lay carrying a few plastic bags behind him.
“ Hi D.O! “ Luhan waved cheerfully as he turned back to Kai.
“ No, it’s like that. “ Correcting Kai’s moves, Luhan tried it until it was correct and smiled, satisfied.
“ Oh Hi Yixing! “ Luhan laughed. “ Didn’t notice you, sorry! “
“ It’s okay. Here, you’re sweating. Did you run here or something? “ Lay passed Luhan a bottle of cold coke and some tissue. “ It’s still early though. “

“ You found a gem, Lay hyung. Luhan hyung here was just helping me in the choreographing for history. Wanna see? “ Kai dragged Luhan to the stage and played the song as they danced to the music.

“ That was cool. “ Derp-yeol appeared with Baekhyun at his side.
“ I bought Subway! Subway Melt with extra Bacon! “ DO laughed as he passed the sandwich to Baekhyun.
“ Hyung’s good. “ Baekhyun praised.
“ I think hyung can sing too. “ Kai commented. “ Wanna try? “
“ I don’t think my voice can be compared to Baekhyun’s though… “ Luhan deliberated. He wasn’t confident enough.
“ Well, we never know unless you sing in front of us. “ Baekhyun shrugged. “ I have a good feeling about this though. “


Author's Note

Hmm... Can you guys give constructive comments on how to improve my writing?
It seems like really little people are reading this fic... And I don't really know what the problem is.
:( But subscribe and comment still! Thanks loads <3