Unexpected

A Thousand Pieces

Yeon Young's P.O.V

What now? I stayed in the park since then, replaying my mistake over and over again. How could I be so stupid? How could I be so weak? I've been bullied before, this isn't even that bad. I've let the voices back into my head, they're slowly taking over. What now, loser? Just gonna sit there? Useless, pathetic failure. Why are you still alive? Waste of space. I covered my ears in a useless attempt to block them out. Stupid. We're in your head, how could you block us out? Use your brain. Oh, I almost forgot. You don't have one to use. Heh, I almost forgot the most brutal beatings are from my own mind. I exhaled sharply. Suddenly, a pair of hands gently grasped my shoulder. "Room for one more?" Yoseob sunbae. It's always him.

"How did you know?" I almost slapped myself for asking, it's so obvious it's my sanctuary. I know he knew what I was thinking because he smiled and hugged me, tightly. I winced from the sting on my arm. Attention seeker. Don't make it so obvious, . I bit my lip and held in the tears. He instantly released me, eyeing me strangely.

"What's wrong? Did you get hurt somewhere?" I can't lie to him. Looking at the ground, I shook my head. He grasped my wrist, holding my arm out. Nicely done. Now he'll know you're a freak. Bravo. I hate myself for not being able to control my thoughts. He slowly rolled up my sleeves, which were stained with blood. Given, I could've done a better job. My mind wasn't in a good state. His eyes widened. I knew he was trying to hold in a gasp. Instead of looking at me with judgemental eyes, he traced my scars, gently going over each and every one of them. He suddenly wrapped his arms around me again, careful not to hurt my arm this time. The voices were quiet for the first time all afternoon. I cried into him. He just sat there, cradling me.

I don't know how long it'd been until I stopped. By the time I pulled away from him. It's dark, hard to tell. He wrapped his jacket around me and carried me home on his back. There was nothing wrong with my legs, but he insisted I got on his back. I sat quietly, arms wrapped around his neck. He carried me home quietly, not asking me any questions. The walk home was short. The silence allowed the voices to take advantage of the moment. Fat . Aren't you afraid of breaking his back? He's too good for you. I shook my head. The front door. He put me down and turned to face me. I continued looking down, shuffling my feet around. He took my arms into his hands, then lifted my chin to face him. He hugged me again, whispering into my ear. "You're beautiful. Don't forget that." He released me and took my keys, opening the door for me. "Do you need me to come inside with you?" I shook my head and smiled, or at least tried to. "Okay. Annyeong, Yeon Young-ssi." I entered the darkness waiting for me inside my home. Something felt wrong. A sharp pain shot through me. I collapsed to the ground, holding on to my head. I turned to face my assailant. Everything was dark around me. I crawled across the floor, blood dripping down my neck. My head was in immense pain. I was struck again, at the side of my head this time. I fell on my back. A laughter. Was this is in my head? I had trouble defining the difference between reality and imaginary. "Running? Who are you going to run to? Yoseob oppa? Junhyung oppa?" A girl, probably my age. It sounded familiar. She struck me again, harder. I started losing consciousness. I grabbed for something. My schoolbag. I swung it blindly in the darkness, hitting her. I heard her hit the wall. I took advantage of the moment and pulled myself up with a chair. Randomly grabbing things off the table, I threw them in the direction of the noise. I heard her scream in anger. Silence. Where'd she go? Did I knock her out? Why did you fight back? Should've let her kill you. 

I cautiously wandered in the dark, groping the walls for a light switch. I continued along the wall until I felt something. Crap. Nose, eyes, ears. My eyes widened. Her face. I felt her smile. "." I cursed before she knocked me out with a merciless strike to the forehead.