The Lost Years: Part 1

World's Collide ~ Sequel to Captured ~

*4 years ago*

“Hyung! I want my gun back!” Xiah complained.

Micky snorted. “You want it back? I can’t even threaten you properly anymore!”

Yunho touched the back of his jeans where his gun always perched dangerously. “I feel so without it.”

Max turned around. “It feels so weird without my gun, that I put a drink’s bottle there.”

Jaejoong just sat and began to read books about setting up a business. “Why don’t you all go to the library or something?”

“Hyung this is West Seoul,” Max reminded him. “The last time the library was properly up and running was in 1987.”

Jaejoong waved his hand in the air as a sign of dismissal. “I’m doing something, go away all of you.”

All 4 of them left him alone, they went to the kitchen to find Han Bi and Ki Nam cooing to a 2 month old Jungmin.

“He’s the most handsome boy I’ve ever seen,” Ki Nam said and gently pinched Jungmin’s cheeks. Xiah pouted and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

“What about me?”

“Aish, you want me to call you a boy? You do realise boys have little pen-…”

“Okay! Don’t call me a boy!” Xiah said in a panic, then he thought about it. “But we both know that my pen-…”

“Oppa!” Ki Nam hissed, the others laughed at their scene. Han Bi warmed up a bottle for Jungmin, they all heard Jaejoong play classical music.

Ki Nam bit her lip. “Is that-…”

“Yeah,” Yunho sighed. “He’s been listening to that every night.”

Micky leaned against the counter. “Do you remember the night it happened?”

*Flashback*

You were sitting on the couch with Jaejoong’s head in your lap as you both watched a film, you were twirling your fingers in his silky black hair.

“What are you thinking of?” he suddenly asked. You were shocked that he knew.

“What makes you think I’m thinking about anything?”

Jaejoong gave a low chuckle. “If you were really watching the film, you’d keep on talking to me and asking me what I think would happen. You’re too quiet.”

You smiled and he sat up. “What’s wrong?”

“There’s nothing wrong, I was just thinking…remember that piece I was playing? When everyone left and you were in your office…”

“Then you began to play the piano,” Jaejoong finished with a soft gaze. “How could I forget? It was the most beautiful thing ever.”

You blushed and looked down. “I recorded it yesterday morning, when you and the boys were playing football,” you said shyly and handed him a wrapped square present. “It’s our 100th day anniversary.”

Jaejoong’s smile slowly turned into a guilty expression. “It is?”

“You forgot?”

He hung his head low. “I’m so sorry, I completely forgot. I’ll take you out tonight.”

You laughed and stopped him from getting up. “No it’s okay. I didn’t expect too much, time together is all I want.”

You kissed his cheek and continued to watch the film, now Jaejoong felt even more sorry. *What kind of boyfriend am I? To get forget a day as special as today? I should get her something special. Then I’ll give it to ~~~~~ when she least expects it.*

Jaejoong went to find the rest of DBSK, he found them in the games room playing poker with Big Bang.

“Oh hyung! Look I’m winning,” Seung Ri said happily. TOP looked at his cards and shook his head.

“He has like the worst possible  hand this game could ever have,” TOP said. Seung Ri pouted.

Jaejoong held up his hand. “~~~~~ gave me a recording of a piano piece she wrote for our 100th day.”

“It’s been 100 days already?” GD mumbled to himself.

“Congrats dude,” Yunho said. “Are you here to brag to the single guys?”

Xiah coughed. “Erm, I’m not single.”

“Yeah…I don’t know how you’re not,” Taeyang joked. Xiah flipped him off.

Jaejoong frowned. “No, I came in here to ask for help. I completely forgot, I don’t celebrate 100 days, but for some reason…I feel like I should for ~~~~~~.”

“Get her a gun,” Daesung said.

“Get her some chocolate,” Max greedily added.

Xiah smirked. “Get her a whip.”

Everyone groaned at his inappropriate comment. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and looked at GD.

“What did you get Han Bi for your 100th day?”

“We didn’t celebrate our 100th day either, but I married the love of my life. Which in my mind, trumps all those special days that we missed.”

“Oh yeah you proposed,” TOP recalled.

Jaejoong’s eyes widened at a thought. *I love ~~~~~ enough. I would be more than happy to be married to her.*

*End of flashback*

Jaejoong was sitting back on the couch, as tears slipped down his anguished face. The music that filled his ear saddened his heart, but he had to listen to it…it was part of you.

He’d sent the others out because he didn’t want them to see him cry like this, to lose his composure in such an undignified way. He held up his right hand, where a red velvet box sat. Inside the box was a beautiful diamond encrusted platinum engagement ring.

“I wanted to make you my wife ~~~~~. I wanted to be the husband you deserve, the loving father to our child. I wanted to spend my life knowing that even on the tiest days, I’ll be happy…because you’re by my side.”

Jaejoong snapped the box shut and carefully stowed it back into his pocket, he wiped his tears away and picked up the book again.

*I’ll change for you ~~~~~. This time round…I really will leave my past behind. I’ll be the man you need.*

Some days later, it was Ki Nam’s, Junsu’s, Han Bi’s and GD’s first year wedding anniversary. Everyone decided to eat out and celebrate before the two couples went off and did their thing.

“There’s this really nice restaurant in East Seoul, I hear they serve the best-…” GD was cut short by Han Bi, who slapped his leg as she noticed the way Jaejoong’s eyes turned from happy to sad in seconds.

GD ducked his head. “Oops, my bad.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “No, no. Its fine, we can go. Don’t ruin your plans because of me.”

-

-

-

“Wah! This place has the best deserts ever!” Max exclaimed in excitement. Micky snorted.

“And you know this because?!”

Max pressed the menu to Micky’s face, where a scrumptious picture of a chocolate fudge cake was printed onto the page.

Max sniffed. “Doesn’t it look beautiful hyung?”

Yunho rolled his eyes. “I’d be more comfortable if he was talking about a girl and not a cake.”

The night went on, and when everybody was eating food and happily talking, Jaejoong quietly ate his alone.

Ki Nam nudged him. “Hero oppa, is the food okay?”

He gave her a sharp look. “I told you not to call me that anymore.”

Xiah cleared his throat. “I know she’s your sister, but hyung please, don’t talk to my wife like that.”

Jaejoong’s nostrils flared as he tried to control his temper. Xiah was right, he shouldn’t be taking out his anger and pain on his little sister. Squeezing Ki Nam’s hand, he gave her a sad smile.

“Sorry dongsaeng. It won’t happen again.”

Ki Nam tilted her head. “We all miss her too oppa. She was like our sister.”

Jaejoong swallowed, it hurt enough to watch you leave him, but for you to have left with his child too…it was enough pain to last him a lifetime. He looked up and his heart felt like it had stopped and shot down out of his chest, he saw the back of a girl.

“~~~~~~…” he whispered. He sprinted to you. “~~~~~~!”

He grabbed the girl’s arm, she turned around and looked at him with frightful eyes. This girl wasn’t you.

“Who are you? Let go of me,” she said and struggled against his grip. Jaejoong let go, and blinked.

“S-Sorry, wrong girl.”

A guy put his arm around her. “Do you know him jagiya?”

The girl shook her head. “I’ve never seen him before.”

The both left. Jaejoong was embarrassed, the group had seen the entire thing. They looked pitiful. *Poor guy…he really loved her.*

Jaejoong threw his credit card on the table and left the restaurant. GD stood up. “Jae!”

Han Bi held onto her husband’s hand. “Let him go oppa. Let him get it out.”

Seung Ri swallowed and looked at Daesung. “I feel so bad for hyung that I don’t even have the heart to make a joke about it! I always joke about things!”

Jaejoong went to the river where he wrote the song for you.

*Flashback*

“Hero, seriously where are we going?” you asked curiously as he led you down a narrow downward path. But he had a firm grip on your hand.

“Nearly there…okay close your eyes” you pouted but closed your eyes, you felt someone guiding you as their hands were on your shoulders. “Hero oppa?”

“I’m right here jagiya” he whispered in your ear.

1 minute of waiting had passed and the both of you had stopped walking.

“Okay open your eyes,” you slowly opened them to see a big white yacht floating waiting for you and Hero. Lights were and it out shone every other boat on the harbour, you whirled around to face Hero your eyes full of wonder and shock.

“How’d you…?”

“I’ve been planning” he said with a proud grin, you ran to him and hugged him tight. He chuckled in your ear and hugged you back.

“I’m glad you like it” he pulled away and he took your hand and led you onto the yacht, it was sturdy and you gently ran your hands along the big wooden steering wheel (Don’t know what it’s called lol)

“~~~~~ ah” Hero called you, you turned around to see a white grand piano and Hero sat behind it playing a quick tune. You quickly hurried to his side, he looked up at you “I love ~~~~~ ah, and I decided to sing for you. So the guys and me wrote a song for you”

“Hyung! ~~~~~ ah!!” the rest of the DBSK members called as they jumped onto the yacht and hugged you and high fived Hero.

“We’re gonna sing a song for you ~~~~~ ah” Xiah squeaked. Yunho smiled.

*End of flashback*

Jaejoong felt tears b in his eyes, but he forced them back. *No! I’m not going to cry anymore* he promised himself. *I will be better for you ~~~~~~, and our child.*

*2 years later (3 years before you meet again)*

At least 200 people gathered around a large modern building in East Seoul, the top 10 newspapers of Seoul were gathered together, ready to write down their version of this event. News stations had cameras pointed to the podium that was surrounded with microphones.

Suddenly, a man who had large square glasses and slick hair stepped out. The journalists and camera men all swarmed around the podium. Questions were thrown at the man and he answered them perfectly, as if he had recited script before coming out.

He then gave a moving speech.

“I, Lee Kwangsoo, officially announce this day as the opening of Yongwoong Corporations.”

Kwangsoo stepped down from the podium and was handed a pair of scissors, to cut the white silk ribbon that was held across the entrance. As Kwangsoo cut it, cameras flashed and the buzzing of voices grew louder.

Kwangsoo bowed. “I as the CEO of this company, will produce the finest weapons for South Korea to ensure that the security of our company will not be threatened. Thank you.”

As he left the reporters tried to get to him, but security guards blocked their way.

Kwangsoo, once he was safely inside a room free of the reporters’ and camera’s view, let his shoulders hung in and his posture changed completely. Now he looked like a typical school geek, not a handsome CEO.

“Did I do well Jaejoong ssi?”

Jaejoong stepped out with a smirk. “You could have improved on how you answered the questions, I told you to make what I wrote sound like you were saying them from the top of your head.”

Kwangsoo laughed in a goofy manner. “Sorry Jaejoong ssi.”

Jaejoong had hired Kwangsoo to be the face of Youngwoong Corporations. If the press ever found he was the true owner and CEO, then they’d have a field day. They’d be saying he’s a spoilt kid who only knows how to spend his trust fund.

*If only they truly knew what my past was. What Jang Woo got rid of, what kind of man I was.*

Jaejoong waved Kwangsoo away. “Go to Yunho, he has more speeches for you to memorise. Remember, don’t make it sound like you read it and memorised it. Make it sound natural.”

Jaejoong left Kwangsoo, and walked down the halls of the company he, DBSK and Big Bang created. *This is all for you ~~~~~. I’m going to prove to you that I can change for you and for our child. I know I'm going against what your father made me promise, but I just want to show you that I still love you, and will do anything for you ~~~~~ and my child.*

*Present Day*

You sat there stunned at what they told you, you felt Jaejoong’s pain, you felt his determination.

“H-He really did that?”

Han Bi and Ki Nam both nodded.

“Yep, everyday he played your piece. He wanted you back ~~~~. He wanted to know what his child would be like.”

You felt so guilty. *He really did change.*

“Do you still love my brother?” Ki Nam asked you seriously. “It’s so obvious he’s still in love with you, but…you’re so hard to read these days.”

You swallowed. “I’m not sure, life without him has been tough…but I coped I guess.”

Han Bi ate some food. “How about your years without him?”

 =======

This chap is the 5 years you were apart from Jae ^^ some of the flashback's weren't in Captured, some were :D Hope you liked. This was Jaejoong's chap next is yours ^^ Hope you all likey :P

Replies (Sorry for the really bad replies, I was in a little bit of a rush):

joycecute25: Thanks :D Hope you liked the chap ^^

water_lilly: Two hot guys fighting over one girl...cliche but I wish that would happen to me ;) LOL

Safiew: Aha yeah he is! It shows how much he still loves you ;) A confrontation will deffo happen! I can't wait to write it haha xD

naomi777: Yep pretty much hehe ^^

LiliHero: :P there definitely will be drama, but like I said, I promise to give the sequel a happier ending :D

Emerald_Lee: You'll have to find out ;) I know it's mean, but if I say one thing it would give it all away :( I'm bad at secrets :( :L

Dreams_alive: Nah, Geun Suk is the laid back one, but he loves you :P Will have to wait and see how that drama will develop hehe.

Yourtypicalricelover: Yeah, I didn't want to make Geun Suk the obssessed one, I like him too! Ah ~~~~ already loves him, she's just scared :( :)

foreverkjy: Rain will get his comeuppance soon ^^ Sorry for the hiatus :( I'll try to update more frequently though! :D

913_aNg3l: Yep, this chap is what happens during the 5 years you were apart. Part 1 is Jaejoong, Part 2 is you and your life during the 5 years apart from Jaejoong...before you bumped into him at the park on the final chap of Captured ^^ Aha, nothing stupid! Ah mianhe dongsaeng...school is driving me insane!! I hate it :( But I only have 42 school days left them I leave, wahhhh! So more time to update ;) Well after this chap...surely you would have a change of heart? hint hint :P

mgginny: Ah yeah, project is finally over! Yeah, Jae's pretty much in a catch 22 :( But it will work out ;)

zeraphyrus: Thanks for understanding ^^ Hehe, yeah, you'll all see how your relationship with Geun Suk developed and how you got working for Special Ops :D

trueblooded_ELF: Hopefully soon! Hope you liked the update :D

Elatte: I wish someone like Jae lived where I live! It would make me so much happier to know that sweet guys like him still existed :P

badlover: Hope you liked the update! :D

madz67: He is isn't he? Jaejoong <3 <3

xiahtic5: Jae was pretty much determined to show people he could change ;) 'you' on the other hand...just have to wait and see what happened hehe.