teaser 03. "i see you've all woken up..."

☠ welcome to the last days of your life ┆ horror apply story ┆ apply closed. ☢

The bus was, for once, entirely packed. In the very front seat, the teacher was dozing off, allowing the students to go wild. Kids were walking up and down the aisles, screaming and shouting, and doing basically whatever they pleased.

Choi Soo Ra skipped up the aisle, tugging along a very nervous Sulli. "I-I can't give this to him!" she whined, trying to break free from Soo Ra's strong grip.

"Ehh~ Don't worry, Sulli, he'll love them!" Soo Ra assured her. They stopped in front of the seat where Kim Kibum and Lee Taemmin sat. They were oohing and aahing, but all they were doing was playing on their PSP. Boys are so silly, Soo Ra thought, giggling quietly.

"T-Taemin," Sulli stammered, tapping him on the shoulder.

He paused his game and looked up at her, smiling warmly. "What's up, Sulli?" he asked.

Sulli swallowed hard and ed her hand out, putting a bag of cookies in clear view. "I-I made these for you. It's okay if y-you don't want them—"

"FREE COOKIES!" Kibum shouted, grabbing the bag from Sulli and ripping it open, eagerly starting to devour the cookies. Sulli gaped, and then realized what had just happened.

"Hey! Those were for Tae—"

Taemin chuckled and shook his head. "Don't worry, it's fine. Kibum didn't get any breakfast, so he can have some. I'll try them later, okay?" he held up his pinky. "I promise."

The two locked pinkies, smiling at each other. Suddenly there was a bright flash and a click, followed by loud cooing.

"They're so cute together!" Sandara sighed, looking at the two with adoring eyes. "Just get together already!" She waved around a picture, trying to air it out quickly.

In her hands, Soo Ra held a polaroid camera. She winked at the now blushing Taemin and Sulli, who quickly unlinked their pinkies and looked around awkwardly. After a moment Chaerin handed the photo over to Soo Ra, who passed it to Sulli, who squeaked and passed it to Taemin, who had it yanked from his hands by Kibum.

"I'm hardly in this picture!" he cried out.

Soo Ra huffed, leaning over Taemin to whack Kibum on the head. "That's the whole point!"

Mizuki Hibiki watched what was going on between Sulli and Taemin with a mild look of disgust on his face. His sister, Minji, picked up on it and raised an eyebrow.

"What's up with your face?" she asked.

"Nothing. I just thought Taemin was going out with someone else," Hibiki shrugged.

Minji laughed. "You mean Hyorin? Nah, if Taemin's going out with anybody, it's definitely Jinri. I bet they just haven't made it official yet..."

"Official..?"

"Yeah! Like, ! Or, y'know, they could be all old-fashioned and just tell people they're dating, but that's stupid."

Hibiki's eyes widened at hearing his sister talk so casually about . Sure, he knew that times now were way different then they were not even five years ago, but the way things had changed... It was crazy. He rolled his eyes and shoved his sister lightly, who laughed again and punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow!" he shouted, rubbing his shoulder.

Minji grinned. "Man up, bro," she said.

Sitting in the seats behind Hibiki and Minji were Lee Kyo Jin and her best friend, Jinki. Her eyes narrowed as she glared daggers into the back of Minji's seat. Taemin and Hyorin? Taemin and Sulli? What the hell?!

Jinki also overheard the conversation the twins were having, and he smiled sympathetically, patting his friend's shoulder. "Don't listen to them," he whispered. "I bet Taemin's just being nice like always."

Sighing, Kyo Jin leaned back in her seat, now glaring at the window. She watched grass and trees and cars go by, silently counting in her head the number of cars that were actually driving by.

1... 1... 1... 1... 2... Wait... why are there hardly any cars driving around? It's the middle of the day; people should be on lunch breaks!

"Jinki," she murmured. "Call me crazy, but have you noticed there are literally almost no cars at all on the road?"

Her friend nodded slowly. "Yeah... but this is an old road, I think. Not to mention it's totally out of the way from the city. Don't worry, Kyo Jin."

Suddenly, Kyo Jin became well aware of how the sound in the bus was slowly dying down. There were no more people running up and down the aisles; instead, they were all sitting in seats, eyes starting to droop. She herself began to lean on her friend's shoulder, eyes closing as a sudden wave of tiredness ran through her body.

In a few seconds, she heard Jinki's light snores in her ear, and fell asleep.

***

It was dark. So, so dark. The floor was hard and cold, and it was a wonder to Yu Ha Min that he hadn't woken up from it earlier. His head felt heavy, and when he sat up he almost fell back down.

That was when he realized the cold, metal... thing around his neck. With a strangled gasp his hands went straight to it, trying to pull it off. Around him, the other students were also beginning to wake up and realize that not only were they in a place none of them knew, but they all had strange metal devices on their necks.

"What's going on?!" one girl screamed.

"Where the hell are we?" another demanded.

A door slammed open, hitting the wall, which effectively silenced everyone. The lights flickered on, illuminating the room.

It was a classroom. Probably abandoned for a few years, Ha Min realized, before some people took it over...

A man stepped into the room, followed by a large group of soldiers. The man walked silently up to the podium, then turned to face the classmates. Screams and gasps filled the room as people began to recognize who the teacher was.

Their teacher from three years ago stood in front of them, eyes burning with anger, but a sweet, almost sickening smile on his lips.

"So..." he began, surveying the kids with a terrifying hunger. "I see you've all woken up..."


████████████████s c r a p s a n d n o t e s
well, here's the final teaser! did i leave you all in suspense? kekeke.
guys, guys, guess who the teacher is!! he's a popular(?) actor, and he shares
the same name as someone from SHINee! :D oh, btw, yu ha min is just
some guy i came up with on the spot. i was too lazy to come up
with an actual name so i stole an ulzzangs name. =w=;; i'll kill
him off like right away, so i won't be too biased. idc about him anyways. LOL
sooo, next thing(s) i'll post will be the list of students, which after every chapter will be
updated to show you who is alive and who isn't. sometimes i won't
write about their deaths, so make sure to check!! i'll also be posting the first chapter too.
expect both of those tomorrow! ♥

and remember, from now on, some (or, well, most) chapters WILL be rated M!

(but it's battle royale so of course they would be...)