The Boss

The Extraordinaries

 

this is kind of a filler, just for the sake of it.

 

 

               The elevator door opens to a lane with a glass door with the words ‘DIRECTOR’ written on its surface on its end. On their left and right are what looked like lounges and offices mixed into one. Some people were leisurely talking on the couches provided while some of the others seem to be working seriously. Stacks of files were strewn all over the place. People walked back and forth from room to room that were separated only by glass walls. The glasses seems to work as various stuffs as well; there were television channels playing on some surface, what looked like computer screens on the other, even messages were sent from this glass walls.

                But the best thing about this floor wasn’t the ‘magic’ glasses that build the floor, but rather the view outside of this floor. As of that moment, the three of them were highly aware of where they were, which was probably a few hundred meters underground. That’s why when they saw how it snowed just outside of those glass walls; they couldn’t help but to just, once again, struck in awe.

                “Those are holographic scenery, the boss installed it just as he got promoted. ‘Brings a better working environment,’ he said,” Eunhyuk chuckled, explaining everything before they had to even ask.

                As they walked along the hallway, people keep on greeting them, though none of them look familiar to the other three.

                “Who are these people?” Jaejoong whispered to Kyuhyun. “They seem to know us…”

                Kyuhyun chuckled before answering, “Believe me, in this office, the three of you are more famous than Justin Bieber. You’ll know why later…”

                “Eunhyuk-ssi! Kyuhyun-ah!”

                Right then, a girl with long black hair and a pair of glasses ran at them with a bunch of files in her arms.

                “Oh, Seulrin-ah!” Eunhyuk turned around and smile. “Why did you call me with ‘-ssi’ ? I told you to just call me ‘oppa’.”

                “Ah, well…. I don’t think that’s really appropriate…” The girl called Seulrin answered nervously while trying to manage the files in her arms.

                “But you call Kyuhyun like you’ve known him for years…!” Eunhyuk said with a fake pout.

                “Stop it, hyung. We’re the same age, after all.” Kyuhyun cut his sentence before he could finish it. “What is it, Seulrin-ah?”

                “Ah! Yes, the Boss told me to get these files to you,” She pulled a thick file from the pile with a lot of effort and gave it to Kyuhyun.

                “What is it?” Kyuhyun asked, starting to open the file. Seulrin stopped him and closed the file again before he could even read one sentence.

                “You’ll find out later inside,” She smiled. “Ah, I still got loads of files to deliver. I’ll see you guys later!”

                And just like that, she went away.

                “That looked important…” Jaejoong asked in a low voice.

                “What, the file?” Kyuhyun waved the file in front of him. “It could be. Or it could be just a piece of useless information. You’ll never know with the boss,”

                As they were standing right in front of the glass door, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun could see some doubts over the brothers’ face. It was kind of a big deal for them; facing the man that is possibly the one that holds the answer to all of their questions. Kyuhyun understand this, as he hesitantly pulled his free arm to pat Changmin’s shoulder, but retracting it back as if not sure if he could do that.

                “Don’t worry, the old man won’t bite…” He said with a smile meant to be reassuring as he knocked on the glass door.

                “Who the hell are you calling an ‘old man’?”

                A heavy voice startled the five of them just as Kyuhyun finished knocking. Puzzled, Eunhyuk knocked the door again just to make sure.

                “Er… Hyung…?” Eunhyuk said cautiously to the closed door.

                “I’m back here, you stupid .” The voice said again, this time, bringing five heads turning around at the same time.

                The man was tall, that’s for sure. He’s a good one foot taller above Jaejoong. He’s got a good built, but not too ‘muscle-y’ and the grey suit he wore just amplified his charisma. Changmin had expected the said director to be young, but not this young. The man standing in front of them can’t possibly be older than 35 years old, and for all he didn’t know, he could be younger than that.

                “I thought you were in the office…” Kyuhyun mumbled quietly as he handed the file on his hand to his boss.

                “And I thought the two of you were supposed to do a good job, after all those years of training,” He snorted back playfully, eyeing the two young agents with sparkling eyes.

                “I’m sorry about Jino…” Eunhyuk stated with a tint of regret and sadness apparent in his face. Changmin noticed that this is probably the first time he saw him showing some kind of emotions other than glee and joy.

                “Nah, it’s nobody’s fault but those ing Greys,” The boss patted Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Swiftly, he moved his gaze to the three brothers and it softened significantly. He gave out a familiar feeling, as if he had known the three of them for a long time, and vice versa. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Changmin remembered the same presence this particular person gave out being really close with him, a long time ago. Before he could voice out his opinion to ask, Yunho beat him to it.

                “Eric-hyung…?” Yunho stuttered, as if he couldn’t believe his own vision. The said person smiled sadly.

                “Hi Yunho. I’d reckon you would remember me…” He answered with a soft laugh.