Attacked

The Extraordinaries

 

 

                   Yunho and Jaejoong would’ve gotten into physical fight if not right at the moment, two teenagers barged in and a second later, they could hear the loud sound of glasses breaking just outside of their door.

                 “What was that?” Asked Yunho to nobody in particular, because he wasn’t sure that Jaejoong could really answer his question.

                  They both freezes for a moment before their line of sight lowers down to the two boys that were standing in front of them. Changmin was standing with a very confused look that’ll otherwise looked funny if only they didn’t see the faint hint of fear in his eyes. Jaejoong immediately recognized the other teen as Kyuhyun, Changmin’s best friend. He had met him a couple of times, but the Kyuhyun he remembered was smiling all over the place and the happy-go-lucky kind of boy, not the serious-looking boy that’s holding a gun that was in front of him.

                Before any of them could speak again, Kyuhyun broke the moment of silence.

                “Hyung, I swear I’m not trying to hurt you or do anything to harm you, but the guys that broke the windows and now are coming here to get you are trying to hurt you. So, even though it seemed a little bit too much to ask, I need you to trust me. I’m going to get you get out of here,” Kyuhyun said quickly in a tone so serious Jaejoong and Yunho couldn’t help but to believe him even though they could barely register what he meant.

                Right when Kyuhyun finished his sentence, something was trying to break the door down with such a force that could probably knock down the wall as well. Changmin ran away from the door to Jaejoong who was looking at him anxiously from across the room while Kyuhyun scanned his surroundings, looking for something.

                “You okay?” Asked Jaejoong as he scanned Changmin’s body for any injuries. To his relief, except for what was already there, there wasn’t anything new. Changmin just nodded as he find Jaejoong’s hand and hold it tightly. Fifteen minutes ago he would’ve been embarrassed to do so, but right now, as unwanted memories started to flood his mind with everything that happened, he just need to find some comfort.

                “Hyung, do you have any bug spray, spray paint…?” Asked Kyuhyun as he looked through the kitchen cabinet, hurried by the loud bangs on the door. Yunho took a moment to think before he ran to the storage room and ran out with an armful of hairspray, bug spray and acetone.

                “You’re looking for flammable items, right? These are all I could find,” Yunho said as he dropped everything on the floor.

                “Thanks, hyung,” Kyuhyun said as he found a lighter and smiled a little bit.

                “I just need to ask you this; do you know what you’re doing? Because I swear, if anything happens to Changmin or Jaejoong-“Yunho continued in a lower tone, but was cut mid-sentence by Kyuhyun.

                 “I know what I’m doing and I promise I’ll explain everything later. But first, I need to get you guys out of here before those guys outside got to you first,” Kyuhyun said while looking Yunho straight in his eyes. Not a lot of people were willing to do that, since Yunho’s kind of intimidating but what Kyuhyun did seems to have convinced him because the next moment, he was helping Kyuhyun making something out of all of those items.

                  While Yunho and Kyuhyun worked something out in the kitchen, the door has started to break apart. Though it amuses Changmin that only now whoever was out there managed to break the thin wooden door. Kyuhyun must’ve done something with it.

                   “Are you guys going to be done anytime soon?” Jaejoong shouted as he pulled Changmin further away from the door. They heard clutters and a loud hiss coming from the kitchen, followed by Kyuhyun and Yunho that came out while throwing something to the door.

                   “Get down!” Yunho screamed and pushed all of them behind the couch just as they heard a loud blast that shook the whole room a little.

                   An eerie silence that followed afterwards was broke by Kyuhyun.

                  “Get up! Now! We need to get out of here before more of them come!” Not giving any of them time to recover; he hurried the three of them to the direction where the door was just a minute ago.

                  Changmin tried to ignore the fact that he might be stepping on dead bodies as Jaejoong, who was still holding his hand, was practically dragging him out of what used to be their home. Taking the emergency stairs, they were out of the apartment building in no time.

                 Only to face about a half a dozen men in suits that all looked equally dangerous, their guns pointed at the four of them.

                “We only want the boy,” Spoke one of them, nobody could tell which one; they all looked identical.

                “There’s no way in hell I’m giving him to you,” Kyuhyun sneered mockingly as he looked around for a way out. He can’t; they’re surrounded as half a dozen more came from the opposite direction of the street.

                “We’re not asking,” One of the men in suits said again. Then as if on cue, they all moved at the same time, circling them, guns pointed. At this point, Jaejoong and Yunho had pushed Changmin to their backs while Kyuhyun faced the other direction. They were standing in an odd tri-angle formation with Changmin in the middle.

              “You got any idea of how to get us out of here?” Whispered Yunho.

              “Well, I wasn’t exactly trained on 1-on-12 combat, hyung,” Kyuhyun answered anxiously just as the man in suits moved closer to them.

              In a minute, it was chaos; all 12 of them charged onto them and Kyuhyun started shooting. As precise as he was – he had shot about four times and that was how much of those me that lied dead on the street- it was still too overwhelming. Yunho practiced what was left of his high school Judo lessons as he tried to pry the strangers of off his brothers. Just then, one of the men seized Jaejoong under his arms and aimed for Changmin.

              But whatever it was that he was going to do, they’ll never found out because a second later, he was lying dead on the ground. The man that held Jaejoong followed a second later. Just like that, they all started to fall down one by one, as if shot by an invisible bullet. Yunho, Jaejoong and Changmin just stood there in awe, while Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows and put on an annoyed face.

              “Where the hell have you been?” He shouted to the dark.

              “Sorry, I was a little caught up by the ones that tried to kill me. I thought you got it all under control, partner,” The voice answered.

              “I did. Until you decided to showed up and showed off by using your new technique,” Kyuhyun scoffed, definitely not amused.

              “What could I do? I was just that awesome,” The other voice answered again arrogantly.

              “Why don’t you just come out? It’s getting annoying with you hiding in the dark,” Kyuhyun talked to the bushes just a few feet from them. The bushes shook lightly and a man appear from the dark; tall and lanky.

               “That’s ‘hyung’ for you, Kyuhyun,” The man said as he brushed off leaves from his dirty blonde hair. He turned to face the other three, “And I know you must be caught between confused and scared at this moment, but we need to get to safety before I can explain anything. Your safety is more important,”

                Yunho was stunned too by his sudden appearance, he just let out a small nod as he examine the face of the man that stood before him, waiting for him to introduce himself. But then he felt like that he knew the face, it looked oddly familiar although the hair was very much unfamiliar to him. He tried not to gasped when he realized who the man actually was.

                “Hyukjae??”

 

 

 

 

sorry for the short chapter, but i got something else for them later that need a little bit of explanation. so, here it goes. enjoy :)