The 'Normal' Routine

The Extraordinaries

 

 

 

                “Feel like getting up now?? You piece of !!”

                ‘Okay, that word wasn’t exactly the best word to start the day, but, the hell with that’ Changmin sneered.

                 It has always been this way for a long time. Another kick land on his stomach as his mind thought of something else. He tried to block the blow but his right arm was still stiff because of the other fight two days ago and his left arm was covered in bandages. In his best condition, he could beat some of those bastards to pulp. He wasn’t feared by the entire school for no reason. Unfortunately, he wasn’t exactly in his best condition.

                Someone laugh. “Trying to play hero now? What could a loser like you possibly do?”

                Another blow hit his legs.

               ‘ I don’t hear a crack. I think that’s a good thing… right?’ He thought again.

                “Obviously better than what a no-brainer like you could do. I can’t even decide whether you’re  stupid or an idiot,” He said as he laughed in pain.

                More of them hit him. Provoking them turned out to not be such a good idea. But what could he do? Those guys are just bully and bullies usually have no time to think, just do. They hear something they don’t like? Beat the guy who said it. See something they hate? Still beat the guy who did it. No difference. Both ended up in curling in an alleyway somewhere or get threw into a dump.

                “Don’t talk! Or I'll cut that filthy tongue of yours!” Another angry shout get to his ears.

                ‘Yeah, try and see if that’s gonna work to shut me up,’ Changmin thought sarcastically.

                “Okay, my bad, I got that one wrong,” He put my best insulting face, which seems to be how he looked every day according to them, which is again, the reason why they do this him. He was looking at those brainless idiot while the cornered a kid for whatever reason there was, and all of a sudden, they found a new 'toy'. Him.

                “You are both,” Changmin finished his sentence with a smirk and he laughed again.

                At that point, even he himself thought that he must’ve been a little bit messed up in the head for keep insulting the guys who beat him, even when he clearly realize that he was outnumbered.

                The tall-bulky guy with military-style haircut lowers his body and looked him in the eyes with his best intimidating face. He’s grinning now.

                “Playing smart with me, pig???”

                Changmin tried his best to not laugh. “You calling me pig? Don’t you have mirrors? You should take a look at yourself sometimes rather than wasting your time beating up people. You look like a mentally-retarded gorilla,”

                That comment earned him another punch on the face. He could feel his nose cracked a little.

                “Shut your ing mouth up!”

                And with that one, the whole five of them beat him at the same time.

                While trying his best to protect himself from the vicious beatings, he suddenly remembered what his hyung said this morning to him at breakfast.

                ‘One day, your mouth is going to get you killed,’

                Well, what did he know? His brother was probably just right.

 

 

*                            *                           *

 

                It was dark already when Changmin at last found the strength to stand up and pushed himself out of the dumpster at the back of his school building. He looked for fifteen minutes or so for his backpack that fortunately, wasn’t even noticed by the five bullies that decided that he had enough beating for a day and left a couple hours ago. He quickly poured the content of his backpack, which wasn’t much, onto the concrete and found his cell phone. As he looked at the screen, he couldn’t help but sigh. There were as much as seven unread messages and 11 miscalls. All came from Jaejoong’s number. Not wanting to receive another call, he decided to just call back.

                “Hel-,”

                “Where the hell are you? You better be severely injured or dead for not answering my calls like that, because if you can’t find an explanation good enough to satisfy me and –God forbid- Yunho hyung for this, you are in for one hell of a night, Changmin,” The voice on the other side just cut his sentence mid way and spoke in one breath.

                “Well, I can’t even sit up until a moment ago, if that could soothe your anger down. And I might not be dead, but I think it’ll be hard for me to take a bus home without getting into another accident along the way if a go by myself. So, could you just pick me up and lecture me along the way?” Changmin answered calmly while congratulating himself for making up such a good excuse.

                The other line went silent for a while

                “Are you okay? Where are you?” Asked Jaejoong when he finally found his voice back. There was a hint of concern in his voice this time and he spoke in a lower tone compared to before.

                “At the school’s backyard, near the dumpster…” He prolonged the tone of the last word, afraid that his brother might found out that he was beaten just hours ago. But then he realized how stupid he was; just by not coming home on time he already hinted Jaejoong that he got into some kind of a trouble and fighting was high on his list.

                “Stay there. I’ll be there in ten,” Jaejoong said, and then he hung up.

                “Well, it’s not like I can move very far, anyway,” Changmin whispered to himself as he tried his best to fix his looks, trying not to looked as bad as he actually felt.

 

 

 

 

Comments are appreciated.