1

Let Me Be The One

 

Krystal is sitting in her class and keeps looking at the watch that Myungsoo gave her on her lattest birthday. She can’t wait for the bell to rang, because she can’t wait any longer to see her boyfriend. It’s Thursday, which means it’s the day that Krystal will be watching Myungsoo practicing soccer.

The whole school knows that Krystal and Myungsoo are dating. They have been dating for 2 years. Back then, Krystal was one of those freshmen while Myungsoo was on his sophomore year. Krystal is one of those pretty faces in their school, so does Myungsoo. All of the people in their school envy their relationship. Myungsoo knows as the captain of school’s soccer team. Finally, the bell is ringing. Krystal packs her stuff and rushing to the school field to see her boyfriend.

“SOOJUNGIE~” someone shouted at Krystal who’s running through the hall way.

“SOOJUNGIE~” Krystal keeps running without looking back.

“OH OKAY THEN, HEY YOU KRYSTAL.” Finally Krystal stops running and looking for the person who called her. She made a big grin on her face while that person approaching her.

“Sorry, you know that right why I wasn’t…”

“Yeah yeah I knew that, we’re best friend for almost like 6 years and you haven’t let me call you Soojung.”

It’s Kim Jongin, who’d prefer to be called Kai. He could be her best friend because he will there when she needs someone to share, he could be her brother who will always protect her, and he could be her younger brother who will act all clingy and spoiled.

“You really are my best friend Jongin!” She pats Jongin’s arms.

“Yeah yeah yeah~ c’mon I need to go to the locker room soon.” They’re walking in the hall way, make their way to the locker room.

“I thought you’re going to skip the practice again today for your girlfriend.” Krystal makes her mocking face towards Jongin. She hates Jongin’s girlfriend, Soomi, so bad. She hates how Soomi being all clingy and protective towards her best friend.

“I broke up with her.” Jongin lowered his head.

“OH LIKE REALLY???” Krystal’s eyes are sparkling to hear that news.

“Eww your face.. happy?”

“As best friend, I shouldn’t have this big grin on my face to hear that my best friend broke up with his girlfriend that he dated for a year. But, because I am the kindest friend you have, I am happy to hear that. I told you thousand times that she isn’t right for you, right?”

“Okay grandma, my fault for not listening to you all this time. Since we’re already in front of boys’ locker room, I need to get in to change my clothes and you can’t get in, you can nag me later about her in the coffee shop near your house.”

“Nice! Oh by the way, can you pass this to Myungsoo oppa?” Krystal hands Jongin a banana milk.

“For me?” Jongin pouts like a child asking for a candy to her mother.

“In one condition, you have to tell me the whole story about your break up. Okay?”

“Ofcourse I am!”

“Here’s your banana milk. I bought three since I know that you’ll ask me for it. If Myungsoo oppa asking where am I, tell him that I already in the field waiting for him. Okay?”

“Okay grandma. I’ll get in first.”