Under the Stars

Under the Stars

 

"Come on~~ are we almost there?!"  Baekhyun groaned.

Chanyeol turns around and walks backwards to keep moving

"Not quite!" he yells back with his hands cupped around his mouth.

He turns back around and keeps walking at the same fast pace. The shorter groaned more time and dragged his feet along the ground.

Why did I agree to this? Beakhyun thought to himself, watching Chanyeols back twenty or so feet farther ahead than him.

Honestly. I mean, he didn't even tell me where we're GOING for crying out loud. All I know is this is far too much walking for my liking. Why does he even own a straw basket in the first place, he thought, raising an eyebrow at the bulky tote swinging back and forth happily in Chanyeol’s hand.

The two boys were walking in the same direction in the middle of a field for what seemed like a half an hour untill they reached the bottom of a steep hill. Baekhyun had finally caught up with Chanyeol when the taller one stopped to look up at the top of the mound of land.

"Please do not tell me you are making me get up there," Baekhyun said exasperated. He looked over to Chanyeol’s determined face and figured it out for himself.

"Fine, then I won't tell you," he said, quickly grabbing Baekhyun’s wrist and running up the slope.

Giggles and laughs erupted from the two of them, happily skipping and running up the hill together.

When they reached the top, Chanyeol dropped his friends arm.

"Whoa."

The two of them stared out at the guaranteed best sunset about to happen in silence.

With no time to lose, Chanyeol dropped the basket and quickly unloaded it contents. Baekhyun, still too distracted by the sky, only stood in complete awe. When he heard a cough, he looked down at its source.

There, on a red checkered blanket spread out nicely on the grass, was Chanyeol. Spread out on the sheet was the cutest picnic he had ever seen in person. Small Tupperware containers with sandwiches in them already with their lids off, a bowl with assorted fruits and a jug full of some red liquid placed on the blanket neatly.

"Oh... My god," Baekhyun said in disbelief. His eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

Chanyeol motioned for him to sit and he dropped to his knees to join him. The grass around them, not that Baekhyun had noticed before, was a beautiful green, free of any weeds or imperfections to ruin its appearance. About five feet away was a single weeping willow tree with its leaves swaying slightly in the breeze. As if on cue, two butterflies danced their way across Baekhyun’s vision and his eyes landed back on Chanyeol.

"So...do you like it?" Chanyeol said in a hopeful voice, looking a little concerned by Baekhyun’s silence.

"It's beautiful..." Baekhyun replied quietly, lost in his thoughts, much too distracted by the perfect scene around him.

Chanyeols deep laugh woke him up out of his trance.

"How about we eat this before the ants do?" he said playfully. Baekhyun only nodded and grabbed a sandwich out of a case.

The two sat content, just watching the world around them. They exchanged small conversation and ate almost everything Chanyeol had brought. Taking his last bite out of a muffin, Baekhyun followed Chanyeo’ls gaze towards the sun.

It was just dipping down into the horizon, creating a beautiful glow on everything around them. Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol and was glad he had swallowed his muffin before he looked over.

It took everything he could to not gasp at the boy in front of him. He was sitting with his long arms wrapped around his knees comfortably and was facing the sun in the most perfect angle. The glow from the sun shone upon his face beautifully and highlighted his soft hair. His face had fallen into a focused stare while watching the sky, but the corners of his lips were pulled up in a content expression. With his hair swaying lightly in the air and the perfect lighting, he looked stunning in Baekhyuns eyes. Blushing slightly for staring too long, he turned his head and watched the sunset as well.

A sigh escaped Baekhyun’s lips and broke the silence. They looked around and it was just starting to get dark. Chanyeol stood up wordlessly and started packing up all the empty wrappers and containers. The shortest’s heart fell slightly when he watched his friend pack everything up. He didn't know what else he was expecting, but it seemed like the moment had faded far too quickly.

When the last item had been dropped into the basket, Baekhyun started to push himself off the ground, until Chanyeol lied down on the blanket and looked directly into the sky above them with his hands crossed behind his head leisurely.

Confused for a moment, Baekhyun stared at him. Chanyeol’s eyes flickered towards Baekhyun who was still sitting upright and motioned with his head to join him.

With a sigh, he complied and lied down in the opposite direction as him so his head was positioned right next to Chanyeols feet, but he quickly shuffled up to be even with his face.

"Wow..."

Although the sun had only set what seemed like moments ago, millions of tiny specks littered the dark sky.

I guess this is what you get when you're way out in the middle of nowhere, he thought to himself.

"You see those three stars right there?" Chanyeol said, still looking up.

"Channie, I see three stars everywhere." Baekhyun replied with a laugh.

"Oh, sorry, I meant right there." he said, this time pointing his index finger towards the sky. Baekhyun followed his direction and quickly spotted them.

"Yeah, I see them."

"That's Orion's belt. And if you look, you can see the rest of his body too."

"Oh, cool."

"And you see that reaaally bright star right there?" he moved his arm slightly more to the left.

"Yupp."

"That's a new planet. It’s called exo planet."

"Really?"


"No." Baekhyun could hear his smirk.

He rolled his eyes at his friend. When he turned his head, Chanyeol was already looking at him.

They stared into each other’s eyes in silence for what seemed like forever.

"Ah, I can't do this," Chanyeol said sitting up abruptly, leaning all his weight on one arm to stay up. Confused, Baekhyun follow suit and took the same position as him.

Baekhyun watched as his friend turned his head away and looks at everything but him.

"Did you...did you have fun today?" he asked, still not facing him.

"Probably the most fun I've had in... A long time," he replied honestly.

Chanyeol turned around slowly and looked at Baekhyun up and down with his eyebrows furrowed cutely as if he was concentrating. He shifted his body so he was facing Baekhyun fully and sitting on his knees.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow up at his friend’s strange actions and his heart rate sped up when Chanyeols hand wrapped behind his neck.

Slowly, as if he was still checking second by second if this was okay, he leaned in closer to Baekhyuns face. He stopped just inches away from their mouths touching and their noses already pressed together.

"Baekhyun..." the way his deep voice said his own name so sincerely made Baekhyun hypnotized.

"I've had feelings for you...for a while. And I really feel like today was special and that there was mo-" his eyes almost popped out of his head when he felt the lips he had only been dreaming about since the beginning of their friendship force themselves onto his.

He slowly closed his eyes and melted into the absolutely perfect moment.

The kiss was full of emotion, but still no more than romantic, even with Chanyeol’s hand still around Baekhyun’s neck.

And then they just kissed. For what could have been minutes or hours, they just enjoyed the feeling of each others lips on their own. Finally, the two of them broke away simultaneously.

Both still shocked at what even happened, they stared into each other’s eyes.

"I love you, you know that, right?" Chanyeol said, still looking over Baekhyun’s face for discomfort or awkwardness, but found none.

"I... I love you too."

With that, Chanyeol draped his arm over his partners shoulder and they both sat staring at the stars until they fell asleep in each other’s arms, sharing the most perfect moment of their lives...so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hai. 

Lol I wrote this at like, 3 in the morning when I was supposed to be sleeping but whatever xD Hope you like it ^.^