Can You Change Me?

SuGen Oneshot Series

 

Tittle: Can you change me?

Pairing/ Characters: KyuNa (main), DBSK's Changmin (minor).

Length: 3890 words.

Rating: PG-13. I will warn you about some language.

Genre: romance, angst, happy ending.

Disclaimer: They don't belong to me as much as I want.

Inspiration: I don't know. Some stories?

Summary: Kyuhyun has been dumped several time by his girlfriends with the same reason that he is not open enough to them. Kyuhyun is that type person, after his experience with his parents' marriage, he doesn't believe in love. He can't love anyone and no one loves him.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

“I'm sorry, Kyuhyun. You're a really good guy. But I think I can't continue to date each other... you know, I...” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as the girl continued to babble in front of him.

 

Again. They always said like that when they wanted to break up.

 

Yeah, he is a good guy. He has his brains. He has his wealth and so on... Yeah, yeah, yeah, he knew his own ability.

 

But they are not suitable for each other. It was wrong for them to date and so on... He knew that too.

 

They used every single excuse that he had heard before. He hated it when people didn't say straight to the point and kept beating around the bush.

 

“But I don't think that you love me... you're kind of unreachable...”

 

Yeah, that one. They always ended with that sentence.

 

Kyuhyun rolled eyes in annoyance. He didn't care much about their feelings. To him, women is all the same. No one is different even his mother. They just went after the looks, the wealth... They didn't care about anything and just looked out for the affected outside.

 

That was what Kyuhyun's conception about women. Fake, useless, only went after physical pleasure... He never thought there would be someone love him and he would love back.

 

The broken marriage of his parents was enough to prove that love was nothing but fugitive affection. It won't last long. That was what Kyuhyun thought. Growing up, Kyuhyun had become like being lonely and he was painfully reticent.

 

He had waited for ages for anyone to step in his life and love him. But that person had never come. Slowly, he started to lose his interested in true love and became like every playboys out there. Hitting on girls then threw them away.

 

But little did he know, someone will change his life and love life completely after that.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

“Yo, buddy. What's with the face? Another dump?” Changmin exclaimed loudly as soon as he saw Kyuhyun's face. He invited Kyuhyun out for a coffee after a full week being refused by the latter. “Man, that was a record. How many time in this month have you been dumped? Four?”

 

Kyuhyun growled loudly as he gave Changmin a hard smack on his forehead. The talkative one whined in pain. “Yah! I'm just kidding! You don't have to be that harsh on me!”

 

“Oh, shut up! Don't tell me that you force me out here, just to mock my dumped date! I'm not in mood right now!” Kyuhyun said grumpily as he took the seat in front of Changmin. “And for you information, it's the 3rd time. I'm not that loser to be dumped four time in a week.”

 

“No, I'm not mocking you. If you want it, I don't refuse though,” Changmin made a pouty face. “I can't let you spend your beautiful Sunday with your stupid cat at home,”

 

“Hey, don't insult him, he has a name. And it's Star Craft,” Kyuhyun protested.

 

“Stupid cat is always stupid. Last time when I came to your house, it jumped and clawed on my handsome face,” Changmin sipped his coffee. “And really, Kyuhyun? Star Craft? Really? Did you run out of name? That's the most stupid name I've ever heard!”

 

“Yah! What about your dog? Food lover? It's dumper than my cat's name! And don't call he stupid! He was clever though. Because he knew who to claw on. He can sense who is the annoying person I want to avoid,” Kyuhyun smirked and turned back to his friend after giving his order to the waiter.

 

“Ha-ha, very funny,” Changmin laughed with his monotone. He glared at his smirking friend after digging again in his food.

 

A loud sound cracked out in front of Changmin as soon as he lifted his face up to check what was going on. He already saw Kyuhyun stood up with his hand held the hem of his shirt, looking angry.

 

Noticing more closely, Changmin saw on Kyuhyun's shirt there was a big stain that clearly being created by coffee. In front of him was the young girl. She was about their ages or younger. Changmin could guess that she was the one who caused the stain on Kyuhyun's shirt due to her endless apologize. She must be the waitress, according to her clothes.

 

Im Yoona. That was what written on the name tag. Pretty, Changmin thought. But it was a pity that she was not his type. But otherwise, she was completely Kyuhyun's type. Well, aside her clumsiness, she was definitely Kyuhyun's type.

 

“Yah! Do you have eyes? How the hell you walk that you can strip and spill coffee into my shirt?!” Kyuhyun shouted angrily. Changmin made a note that he shouldn't mess up with Kyuhyun's clothes next time.

 

“I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!” Yoona bowed vigorously. She looked like she was about to cry. Sighing, Changmin decided to step in, helping the frightened girl. Blame his weak heart for girl.

 

“It's just a accident, Kyuhyun. She didn't mean to do that,” Changmin said lazily to Kyuhyun before turning to Yoona. “Right?” She nodded like immediately.

 

“Yah! Shim Changmin! Are you my friend?! Why are you on her side?!” Kyuhyun shouted but Changmin cut him, dragging him out by the latter's shoulders.

 

“Come on, Kyuhyunnie. Let's go, I will make it up for you,” He dragged his reluctant friend out of the restaurant. “How about a visit to your favorite club tonight?”

 

Changmin cooed into Kyuhyun's ears, not forgetting to look back Yoona who sent him a thankful bow.

 

Their first meeting was bad. And Kyuhyun thought he would never meet Yoona again until two months after that.

---------------------------------------------------

 

“Aish!! How it could rain at this time?!” Kyuhyun ran under the rain without his bag on his head, tried to covered himself from the pouring water.

 

A sneeze caught his attention as he looked up from his blur vision. A glimpse of familiar girl standing in front of his apartment, soaking wet due to the heavy rain.

 

Kyuhyun stopped his track and took a closer look at the girl as he realized. “Yoona?” His voice came out. Yoona looked up. “You're Yoona, right?” He pointed to Yoona as the girl nodded.

 

Kyuhyun unwillingly remembered Yoona's name just because Changmin kept mentioning her. He kept chanting into Kyuhyun's ears that Yoona was his absolute his type. It was such a waste that he let her go like that.

 

Changmin had driving Kyuhyun crazy about two months full, even in his sleep, Kyuhyun dreamed of Yoona's name. Changmin wasn't called Lord VolderMin for nothing. They had been an evil duo that caused everyone insane and sometime, Kyuhyun also scared of his witty friend.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked as he remembered their encounter.

 

“I... I want to give you this...” Yoona stuttered as she pulled out a plastic bag and handed it to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun eyed Yoona quietly before carefully took the bag. As he opened the bag, he was surprised with its content. Inside it, there was the same shirt of him that Yoona had stained before. Kyuhyun looked up. Surprise was written over his face. “This...”

 

“I... I'm so sorry about your shirt. I had destroyed it. Changmin-sshi said that was your favorite shirt. I want to buy another one for you. But it's very expensive so I have to work for two months to have enough money to buy it. I didn't know it could that expensive.” Yoona explained while playing with her fingers. “It's also Changmin-sshi that gives me your address,”

 

Changmin! Kyuhyun gritted his teeth. That guy was everywhere. Such a busy body he was. Kyuhyun should have known better when he saw a well-known smirk appeared on Changmin's face lately. I will deal with you later, Changmin! Just wait! You're dead with me!

 

Upon seeing Kyuhyun cursing his friend, Yoona mistook that the lad didn't like the shirt she bought. “What's wrong, Kyuhyun-sshi? You don't like it?”

 

Kyuhyun snapped back from his thought. “Ah, no... I like it... thanks...” He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

 

He was a playboy, sure, but he didn't know how to open a conversation to a girl. Because usually, it was them that throw themselves to him. He didn't have to make an effort to flirt with women.

 

Silence.

 

“If you don't have anything to say, please excuse me, I'm going home now. Sorry for taking your time,” Yoona bowed as she was about to leave, Kyuhyun called her back. “Wait!”

 

Yoona slowly turned around. “Yes?” Kyuhyun started to forget what he was going to say “Do... Do you want to have a cup of tea?” He pointed to his apartment. “It's still raining and... my house is right here...”

 

What the hell are you saying, Kyuhyun? Your house is here and it was raining are not related to each other. Such a dumb excuse you have! Kyuhyun cursed him loudly in his mind as he wanted to slap himself right in the face. After many years be friend with Changmin, the taller's dorkiness had been passed to him. He blamed Changmin again.

 

Luckily for him, Yoona just smiled ad accepted his invitation.

 

Unexpectedly, after a few months meeting each other, Kyuhyun and Yoona had gotten closer and until 6 months later, Kyuhyun officially asked Yoona to be his girlfriend.

 

The girl had moved into his apartment and lived with him. Although Kyuhyun was treating Yoona like the way he treated his previous girlfriends, Yoona seemed didn't mind. She still tried hard to make Kyuhyun open more. And one thing was sure that Yoona was so deep in love with Kyuhyun.

----------------------------------------------------

 

Where are you going just now?! Why did you come home so late?! Going with that home-wrecker again?!”

What about you? Why you can go with your and I can't go with my boyfriend?”

 

Kyuhyun shot up from his sleep with a loud scream. Again, his terrified memory with his parents. It came again. When will he get out of this?

 

Kyuhyun buried his face into his hands. Sweat dropped out from his forehead as his breaths became uneven. Yoona who slept beside him was stirred from her sleep and opened her eyes only to see her boyfriend sob silently.

 

'What's wrong, Oppa?” Yoona called softly and touched Kyuhyun's bare arm. The boy just shook his head still didn't lift his face up. “Did you have a nightmare?” Kyuhyun just nodded.

 

Yoona moved closer and wrapped her arms around the taller one's and rubbed his back in circle. “It's okay. I'm here, I'm here for you. Don't worry. I won't leave anywhere,”

 

She whispered some sweet for nothing into Kyuhyun's ears, consoling the boy. It hurt her when she saw Kyuhyun in his agony. At the first time, she saw him, Yoona had seen something that was very distant about Kyuhyun.

 

He looked cold and tough outside. But inside, Yoona knew that there was a little boy who longed for love and care. People said that eyes were the soul’s window. People can see through the eyes. And Yoona had that ability.

 

Kyuhyun's eyes looked extremely cold and lifeless. But she noticed there was a small sparkling spot inside it. It shone brightly whenever she cooked or cuddled along with him. It also flashed when they were with Changmin.

 

Kyuhyun might seem distance and arrogant. But he was a very sweet guy and had a warm heart. Changmin had told her the second time they met. He said Kyuhyun need someone to take care for him. And Yoona had decided to be the one who was by his side after knowing him deeply inside.

 

“It's okay, Oppa. I'm here. I'm here for you,”

---------------------------------------------------

 

“Hey, dude.” Changmin patted Kyuhyun shoulders lightly as they're in the university classroom. “You're spacing out a lot. Care to explain?” He took the seat in front of Kyuhyun.

 

Changmin had already known the reason but he still asked. He wanted to hear from Kyuhyun himself.

 

“I think I'm falling in love,” Kyuhyun sighed and buried his face into his hands.

 

“You think?” Changmin raised his eyebrow.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “I'm not sure if I love her. But I have never felt like this with anyone. She somehow makes me feel... safe... she gives me a secure feeling. One day, I don't meet her, I feel like I'm going crazy,”

 

“You're in love, it isn't a think. You're falling in love for real,” Changmin smiled in satisfaction. He knew right from the start that Yoona was the right person for Kyuhyun.

 

“But this is so new to me. I'm scare... what if some day, this feeling is no longer there? What if she doesn't love me back?” Kyuhyun buried his face deep into his palms.

 

“Well, aren't you guy lovers? How can she accept to be your lover if she doesn't love you?” Changmin questioned with a smile.

 

“My other girlfriends also accept when they don't love me,”

 

Sighing, Changmin pulled Kyuhyun's hands away from his face. “Believe me. Yoona is different. She loves you. Believe me,”

-----------------------------------------------------

 

“Is she really different?” Kyuhyun wondered out loud as passerby gave him a weird looks.

 

Just think about it, ever since they had been dating, Yoona was always there for him. She was the last person he saw at night and the first person to greet him in the morning. She was always there at home whenever he came back.

She always the one that took care of him when he was sick. She always welcome him home after he got from school. She was always there when he had a nightmare.

She was always there...

 

Kyuhyun smiled as a warm feeling crawled up into his heart. But his smile fade out suddenly when he saw a familiar glimpse.

 

Yoona was inside the jewelry story with another man. He could see how happy Yoona was when the man slipped a ring into Yoona's hands. They smiled happily with each other as the man told something to the salesman. He nodded then wrapped the ring into a beautiful box then they exited the store.

 

Yoona continued to laugh and joke with the man, didn't notice Kyuhyun was standing not very far from them with a burning eyes.

 

Kyuhyun looked down and smiled bitterly. Women were the same. He was right.

-------------------------------------------------

 

“I'm home,” Yoona said cheerfully as she knelled down to take off her shoes. She hummed a happy song and started to walk into the living room, only to find Kyuhyun fuming with anger in front of her.

 

He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. His eyes turned cold like when they met for the first time. Yoona thought Kyuhyun's look could bore a hole in her head. Somehow, the dark aura surround Kyuhyun scared her. Yoona swallowed hard.

 

“Where. Were. You?” He gritted his teeth in every single word as Yoona flinched at the tone. “I've been trying to call you for hour now, you know.”

 

Yoona took her phone from the pocket and turned it on. 50 missed call from Kyuhyun. “Oh, I'm sorry. I have turned off my phone,”

 

“Figure,” Kyuhyun hissed. “Answer my question, where were you?” If look could kill, Yoona must have been shot dead right now.

 

“I went out with my friends,”

 

“What friends?”

 

“... My college friends,”

 

“For what?”

 

“We... just hang out and... go shopping,”

 

“Shopping? With girls?” Kyuhyun asked, his voice had gone to an extremely dangerous tone. Yoona swallowed hard and nodded.

 

“So, in your opinion, a guy also counts as girls?” Kyuhyun asked with sarcasm hint in his voice.

“Eh?” Yoona startled at the reply.

 

A hard slap on the table echoed the room. Kyuhyun bit his lips and suppressed his anger before glaring coldly at the girl. “I ask you for the last time, who were you with?!! Stop your ing lie!! I saw you with a man out there!! Care to explain?!!”

 

“I... I can explain...” Yoona stuttered as she is livid. “It... it...”

 

“We have a lot of time,” Kyuhyun slumped into the sofa, his eyes bored into the girl. “Go ahead and explain,”

 

“I... I...” Yoona stood there, playing with her fingers and fidgeting with her feet as Kyuhyun's patience started to lose. What made her unable to explain? This is more painful than someone broke up with him.

 

“Am I not enough for you?” Kyuhyun asked with his low voice, almost whisper. “Why did you have to go to the other guy?”

 

“No, it's not what you think!!”

 

“Then what I should think?!” Kyuhyun shouted and shot up abruptly from his seat, glaring.

 

“I... I can't tell you now... It's not the time...” Yoona bit her inner lips and continued to fidget.

 

Kyuhyun inhaled deeply before pointing to Yoona's room. “Out!!”

 

“Ne?”

 

“Go to your room now!! I don't want to see you right now!!”

---------------------------------------------------

 

That night, no matter how Kyuhyun tried to sleep, he couldn't. The image kept replaying in his head. Yoona's smile, Yoona's laugh, the way she looked at the other man. Kyuhyun growled in irritation.

 

He pushed himself up from the bed and opened the door, heading to the kitchen for a glass of water. Passing the table, an object had caught his attention. The box that the man bought for Yoona. As much as his pride prevented him from opening people's gift but his curiosity didn't help him at all.

 

Kyuhyun picked up the box and unwrapped it. A card fell out and Kyuhyun flipped it open.

 

Happy 5 months anniversary ~<3

Oppa, you must have forgotten about it, right? I know how forgetful you are.

So we have been dating each other for five months already. I don't know what to say. But I want you to be happy. Always smile, ne Oppa? You look more handsome when you smile. And I really really like your smile ^^

This is couple rings, the shopkeeper said that if two people wear this, they will be together eternally. When you're bore with me, you can throw it away, Oppa. (Omo, I don't want to mention break up here >''<) But for now, please wear it, ne?

I'm not very good at word so I will end here. I love you ~<3

Your love,

Yoona.

 

Just that much words were enough to make Kyuhyun's stomach tie a knot. He couldn't believe it. He just doubted Yoona's love for him.

 

Putting aside his mineral water bottle, he went upstairs where Yoona's room was. Opening the door, Kyuhyun saw Yoona's small back facing him. She curled on her bed with the blanket wrapped around her thin body. There were some tears stained on her face. She must have cried so hard before she slept.

 

Guilty was eating him alive. Kyuhyun crawled into Yoona's bed and hugged the girl from behind. He could feel her body stiffen inside his embrace. Yoona was still awake.

 

“I'm sorry,” Kyuhyun spoke with his hoarse voice as he buried his face into Yoona's back. “Yoona-ah, I'm sorry,”

 

Keeping her back facing him Yoona shook her head lightly. Kyuhyun propped his elbow on the bed lifted himself up as he thought she didn't forgive him.

 

“Yoona---” Suddenly Yoona turned around and surprised him with a tight hug.

 

“No, It's me... who apologized,” She sobbed. “I'm... sorry... Please don't mad... at me...” Her tears wet Kyuhyun's shirt. Her body shook violently that made the lad's heart rip into million pieces.

 

“The man went with me... is my co-worker... I don't know what type you would like... so I ask him for help...” She clutched onto Kyuhyun's shirt. “I'm not cheating... behind your back... please don't hate me...”

 

Kyuhyun put his hand on Yoona's back and soothed it in circle. “It's okay... I got it... stop crying, ne?”

 

Yoona nodded but she still sobbed silently inside Kyuhyun's shirt. “Hey baby, look at me,” Kyuhyun cooed. “Look at me,” Yoona continued to shook her head.

 

“Wae? You're mad at me so much and you don't want to look me anymore?” Kyuhyun rubbed her back in circle then he heard a soft mumble. “No, I have cried so much... And now, my eyes are swollen... I'm ugly now... I don't want you to look at me,”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled as he could feel Yoona pouted against his wet shirt. He slowly pulled away their hugs and cupped Yoona's face gently then lifted it up.

 

The girl stared at him with her doe eyes that were puffy and red, and her long eyelashes were sticking with tears. The sight was too adorable. Kyuhyun leaned closer and placed a kiss on her eyes, her nose and lastly, her lips before whispering. “Beautiful...”

 

He placed his forehead against her. “You're beautiful. Don't worry, you're the most beautiful girl I have ever met.”

 

“I'm sorry,” He whispered but then he felt Yoona shook her head. “No, I'm sorry... I didn't explain clearly to you...”

 

“No, I'm at fault too. I'm sorry,” Kyuhyun smiled sweetly. “But next time, if you want to buy something, don't ask another man, just come straight to me. I'm very easy to get jealous,”

 

Yoona nodded and pouted as Kyuhyun smiled warmly at the sight in front of him. Changmin was right. He had fallen in love. He had fallen in love too deep. Yoona was the one for him. How could he be so blind and not realize that?

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeong~ Lucia is texting~

After two stories, my head couldn't think properly any more. I think it's officially dead right now. I need a brain treatment.

I added DBSK's Changmin in here. In real life, he and Kyuhyun also best friends or should I say partner-in-crime of bullying their Hyungs. Changmin is my bias. I couldn't help adding him in this. If you don't know how he looks, Google it. He is really adorable and handsome <3

It's weird when I change Kyuhyun's character from evil to sweet but oh well, my Changminnie also evil but he can be sweet too. Why Kyuhyun can't?

Ah, I need my bed now. Bed, here I come ~~~