Give Me The Second Chance

SuGen Oneshot Series

 

Tittle: Give me the second chance.

Pairing/ Characters: SiFany (main), Donghae (minor).

Length: 4253 words.

Rating: PG-13.

Genre: romance, a little bit of angst, happy ending.

Disclaimer: They don't belong to me. I just borrow their names.

Inspiration: In a movie which I have forgot its name. Maybe it's “If only”?

Summary: Siwon has made a biggest mistake. He lost his most beloved for some reason and he couldn't get her back. He really regrets about it. What if he is given the second chance? Will he screw up again this time?

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Siwon stayed awake and stared blankly at the night sky from the window. How long had it been since he had his insomnia? A week? A month? Or maybe two months. He didn't know. He had lost his count after the tenth day.

Their last conversation kept haunting him. It had always been appeared in his dream and made him waking with sweat dropped down his face and hot tears formed in his eyes. He couldn't be like normal after she left.

 

What was his last word to her again?

 

Just leave, Fany-ah. I don't have time for you right now!”

 

Ah, that's right. That sentence. How sweet of him! Her sad face kept displaying in his mind. He couldn't believe it. If he knew he wouldn't ever meet her again, he was definitely not gonna say that to her. He regretted it, really really regretted it.

Her last image that he remembered kept eating him alive. He kept waking up in the middle of the night with agony weight down on his chest.

 

If she just left like normal people and walked away from him. It would be easier for him because he could find her again. But she left in the most difficult way that hard for him to recovered from her departure.

She had left... for good.

 

Siwon stared at the empty space at the other side of the bed beside him.

 

She used to sleep here. He used to see her smile as the first thing in the morning. She used to greet him back home with warm welcome. They used to cuddle all day long when Siwon had his free day. They used to hold hand and walked along the street at the weekend.

They used to... She used to... He used to...

 

It was all of the 'used to' things. It wouldn't happen again at the present now.

 

Siwon closed his eyes. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe the day he forced her to go home was the day he last saw her. The car accident was unexpected. But why it had to be so cruel for happening in their wedding anniversary?

 

He was shock, very shock when he received the call from the hospital. Tiffany, his wife, had got into an accident. And she couldn't make it when he arrived. She had left him.

 

Siwon didn't know how much he had cried when he came home and saw a beautifully decorated meal on the table. A box which was wrapped in pick paper with a note attached on it was placed neatly on the table.

 

Oppa, I don't know if you remember. Today is our first anniversary. We have married for a year now. And I'm happy every single day by any single second when I'm with you.

Oppa, thanks for coming into my life. Thanks for bringing me happiness. I don't know how I am if I'm not with you.

I don't know what I should get you so I bought your this tie-spin. Don't give me back if you don't like it. I will be very sad :(

Oppa, I love you very much, much more than you can imagine.

Your wife,

Tiffany.

 

Siwon smiled bitterly at the note. How ironic. He just realized today was their anniversary when she mentioned it. Tiffany came to his office just because she wanted to spend a day with him and he had shouted her to go home. How bad a husband he was.

 

Siwon clutched tightly on the gift as he cried loudly. How could he celebrate their anniversary if she no longer existed? How could he be happy when she was not here with him? It was all his fault that she left him.

 

Until Siwon still used the word left to say with his friends and acquaintances. He couldn't used the word died. He didn't have the heart to say that she was not in this world anymore. He just couldn't...

 

If only that day he would let her come into his office and wait until his meeting done. If only that day he just ignored his meeting and noticed her more. If only that day he just held her back for an hour or at least just a few minutes, maybe, the accident wouldn't happened. If only... If only...

 

In his head was full of 'If only'. He would do anything and give away anything just to have her back like before... If only...

People was right when they said people only realized how important what they had only when it had gone.

 

Siwon closed his eyes and released a deep sigh. He hoped he could get his sleep peacefully today though he knew it was a total fail.

-------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yah! Why are you spacing out in the meeting today?” Donghae exclaimed as he gave Siwon a hard smack on the back. Siwon turned back and glared at the younger man. He rubbed his sore back and opened his office door.

 

Siwon sat on his chair and pinched his nose's bridge. “I can't sleep yesterday.”

 

“Oh, please... You can't sleep every night!” Donghae said as he slumped into the sofa in front of Siwon. “Siwon, I know it's hard for you but Tiffany has died for a year already! You have to let her go!”

 

“She left! Donghae! She left!” Siwon corrected.

“Fine! She left! Happy?” Donghae almost stood up. “You still have to let her go!”

 

“I can't! I just can't!” Siwon stood up and shouted.

 

“I can't... Donghae... I can't...” His voice started to get lower as it cracked at the end. “I still love her... I love her... if there is a wish, I just wish Tiffany will come back to me... that's the only wish in my entire life... is there anyone could grant it for me?” His tears started to fall down.

---------------------------------------------------

 

The alarm struck 7 o'clock as Siwon opened his eyes. It was weird. His often dream didn't haunt him last night. His sleep was just... normal. He sighed and glanced at his left. Still empty, as usual. What was he expecting?

 

A smell of pancake came to his room. What was that? He didn't remember hiring any maid. Or he didn't remember his friends or relative would drop by to visit him.

 

He stepped down on the floor carefully as he opened the door and headed to the kitchen.

 

A familiar small back greeted him. A petite girl wore her pink apron and moved back forth in the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. Siwon felt the feeling suffocate him. Oh God, please don't let my hope get high. Don't tease with my feeling.

 

He stood still at the door and stared at the girl without blinking. He was afraid if he blinked, the girl would disappear. He didn't dare to move either.

 

Siwon had stood there for about five minutes before the girl turned back and smiled brightly with her eye-smile.

 

“Oppa, you're awake?” Tiffany smiled at her frozen husband. As she saw no reaction, she pouted and moved closer to Siwon. “Oppa, what's wrong?”

 

“Hello, is anyone home?” Tiffany smiled as she waved her hands in front of Siwon's face. “Why are you spacing out?”

 

Siwon slowly took Tiffany's hand into his. “It's warm,” He mumbled.

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes in confusion. Of course, it's warm because she is human. If it's not, is she vampire? Tiffany stared at her husband with a weird look. As she was about to pull her hand back, Siwon held it tighter.

 

“O-Oppa,” Tiffany was startled at Siwon's action and what came next shocked her more. Siwon pulled her into a bear hug with one of his hand held her waist while the other was on the back of her head.

 

The lad inhaled Tiffany's sweet scents as a tear fell down from his eyes. The feeling is so right. This feeling was what he longed for. He missed this.

 

He couldn't get out of the fear when he held Tiffany's cold hand in the hospital a year ago. The cold sensation had struck him and made him realize how much he had lost. That cold sensation announced his dearest had gone. And it also took away his soul.

 

But now, her hands, it's warm again. It's finally warm again. And Siwon definitely wouldn't let it turn cold the second time.

 

“Oppa, what's wrong?” Tiffany laid her head on Siwon's shoulder as she whispered. “Did you have a nightmare?” Oh, It's more than a nightmare to Siwon.

 

“Don't leave me...” Siwon mumbled. “Please, don't leave me alone...” He buried his face into her hair. “Stay with me forever...”

 

Tiffany seemed puzzled with Siwon's sudden words. But she still managed to pat his back and whispered softly. “Don't worry, Oppa. I won't leave you,”

 

“Promise me...” Siwon whispered. “... that you won't leave me,”

 

Tiffany started to feel weird about her husband now. “I promise, I won't leave you until the day I die,”

 

Tiffany's words sudden stabbed through his heart as the image of hers lying on the hospital bed lifelessly flashed back. He held on her tighter. “I love you. Don't leave me.”

 

The girl smiled as the affection Siwon was showing her wasn't bad at all. Although she still felt weird, she just shrugged it off.

“I love you, too.”

-----------------------------------------------------

 

“Oppa,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“When will you go to work? It's 8 o'clock now. You said you have an important meeting today,” Tiffany glanced at the wall clock.

 

Siwon was sitting and hugging her from behind while they were sitting on the sofa. Having lost his wife for a year, now, Siwon just wanted to stay close to her as much as he could. He didn't want to let go of her, not now, not ever.

 

“Don't want to,” He buried his face into her neck. “Can I cancel it? I'm the boss anyway,”

 

Tiffany giggled as she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck. “No, you can't. Beside, you said it's important. You were very excited when you got that meeting.” She smiled and touched his nose with her finger.

 

Siwon scoffed. Yeah, right, importance. If it was a year ago, he would be more than glad to have that meeting. But now it was not the past anymore. It was the present and he didn't give a damn about that meeting. It was the reason why Tiffany died.

 

Reluctantly Siwon pulled her by the waist as her back collided with his chest again. “I will, maybe after a few minutes,” He hugged her again. “Or a few hours,” He mumbled.

 

“Oppa!” Tiffany slapped Siwon arms on her waist sightly.

 

“Okay, okay, I will go,” Siwon sighed. “But after this hug,”

-----------------------------------------------------

 

“Where are you going?” Siwon asked as he walked down from the stairs with a tie in his hand. Tiffany was dressed in a formal dress, looking clear enough that she was about to go out.

 

“I'm going to the market,” Tiffany said while tying his tie. “I need some food for today,” She smiled as the last knot was done.

 

“No, you can't,” Siwon said abruptly as Tiffany startled. “You can't go out today,”

“Eh? Why?” Tiffany asked innocently. “I'm not going anywhere far. It's just the market nearby,”

“No! It's dangerous! You don't know if there is a car hit you.” Siwon said and turned back to find his briefcase.

 

“But I have something to do today,” Tiffany followed him.

“No is no! We can eat out today!”

“But---”

 

A pair of hands landed on Tiffany's shoulders. “Listen, Fany-ah,” Siwon said with a serious face. “I just ask you one thing. Can you do this for me?”

 

Tiffany hesitatingly nodded and waited for Siwon to continue. “Don't go out today. Just stay home, ne?”

“But---”

 

“No buts. I want you to stay at home. Don't go anywhere. Stay. Here.” Siwon looked straight into Tiffany's eyes as he saw reluctance in it.

 

He sighed. “I know know you have something special in your mind. But, please, listen to me, just today and I won't ask for more. Stay home, ne? Stay home for me,” Siwon leaned his forehead on her. “Don't go anywhere, just today,”

 

Tiffany silent for a moment as Siwon felt her nod against his head. “Oppa, you're weird today. Did anything happen? Care to tell me?”

 

Siwon pulled their head apart as he smiled and her cheeks lightly with his thumps. “I will. But after today. Just stay home. Don't go anywhere. I will pick you up in the evening then we can go out to eat,”

 

Tiffany pouted and mumbled something that Siwon could hear like she wanted to cook their dinner. Siwon smiled sadly. Though he didn't want to see his wife upset, he couldn't let her go out and get into the accident like a year ago.

It was too painful for him to take.

 

“I'm going now. Stay home like a good girl and wait for me, ne?” Siwon smiled and kissed her for the last time before going of to his company.

Tiffany still pouted but managed to nod and waved.

 

Siwon turned back and looked at the girl at the door. Please God, I don't want to lose her again. Is this a second chance you give me? If it is, I definitely won't let it happen again.

----------------------------------------------------

 

The more papers Siwon went through, the more anxious he got. He glanced at the clock.

 

5 pm. The meeting was going to happen soon.

5 pm. Tiffany was going to come soon.

5 pm. The moment before the accident happened.

5 pm. The damn time that kept haunting Siwon afterward.

 

Siwon leaned back again his chair and sighed. He should relax more. Hadn't Tiffany promised him already? What did worry about?

 

Closing his eyes for a moment, Siwon sighed again. Tiffany should be a good girl this time and stay at home. But what if Tiffany went out again? She could be stubborn sometime.

 

Siwon thought he should tell her about the accident. Maybe or maybe not. If he told her, she would stay at home. But if he told her, she could think he was going insane.

 

Dilemma. Damn it. That ing dilemma and karma.

 

A knock on the door brought Siwon out of his thought. The lad immediately sat straight and stared at the door in horror. Please, please, don't let it be Tiffany! Please, don't let it be her!

 

Just like what he was afraid of, the door opened and revealed his lovely wife. Tiffany wore the same dress like she did a year ago. “Surprise!” With the same exciting voice like she had a year ago, Tiffany smiled brightly.

 

Siwon suddenly stood up and yelled at the startled girl. “What are you doing here?!” Tiffany flinched at the harsh tone Siwon used. “What are you doing here?! Didn't tell you to stay at home?! Why don't you listen to me?!”

 

“I... I just want to surprise you... I thought you would be happy...” Tiffany stuttered as her husband shouted at her for the first time that angrily.

 

“Well, guess what?! I'm not happy right now!! I will be more happy if you just stay at home!! Why can't you understand me and stay at home?!”

 

“I... I'm sorry... If you don't want me to come here, I... I will go home now...” Tiffany said with a shivered voice and pointed to the door. “I... I'm sorry if I upset you...” She turned back and ready to walk out of the room.

 

Once again, fear crawled up Siwon's body. No! No! If she walked out right now, the accident will happen again! No! This is not what he's planning! He didn't mean to yell at her! This is not suppose to happen!

 

Siwon reached out his hand to take a hold of Tiffany's small body. “Wait! Wait! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to yell at you... I... just stressed a bit... Sorry, just... don't leave please...” He leaned his head against Tiffany's. “Don't leave...”

 

Tiffany turned and returned his hug. “Oppa, is there anything border you? Tell me. Don't keep it yourself and stressed out,” She put her palm on Siwon's cheek. “If you want to share, I'm here for you, ne?”

 

Siwon slowly held her hand and placed a chaste kiss on it. “I will. Don't worry. But now is not the right time. Stay, okay? Don't go anywhere.”

 

Tiffany nodded as she settled down on the sofa while Siwon sat on his chair, continued with his papers. He occasionally stole a glance at his wife who looked like having something on her mind.

 

“What's wrong?” Siwon asked as he noticed Tiffany stared at him.

“Oppa, why are you wearing that tie so many time?” Tiffany asked.

Siwon cocked his eyebrow. “Why? Isn't this what you bought for me?”

“But I also bought a lot of ties for you. Why you just wear this?” Tiffany stubbornly said.

“It's because this is your first gift for me, isn't it? Beside, I like this the best. But I also wear the rest,” Siwon smiled. “Why do you ask? You don't like it?”

“No, it's not. I like it. But I'm afraid it won't suit this,” Tiffany mumbled but it was loud enough for Siwon to hear.

 

A thought clicked into his head. The tie-spin. Ah, he had chosen such a good wife.

Wait! Didn't Tiffany buy it in the same day at their anniversary? So it meant she had gone out of their house.

 

“You went out this morning?” Siwon asked and looked straight into Tiffany's eyes that made the girl shuddered.

“Ah, N-ne. I... I'm sorry...” Tiffany swallowed hard as soon as she saw Siwon's angry expression.

 

Siwon sighed. Tiffany really could be stubborn sometime. But, luckily that she was fine now. If she got any scratch today, Siwon didn't know what he would do.

“It's okay. As long as you're alright, it's okay.” Siwon said as Tiffany's face lifted up in relief.

 

A knock on door caught their both attention. Siwon's secretary appeared at the door and informed him. “Mr Choi, your meeting will start in ten minutes.”

 

Siwon nodded and signaled her to go out as she bowed and left.

He looked at Tiffany and felt somehow worry. The meeting will last at least an hour. What if she would do something stupid in the time he left? Seriously, he didn't want to leave at all.

 

Tiffany noticed the look Siwon gave her as she smiled assuringly. “Oppa, don't worry. I can be alone myself. Go and get them. Fighting!” She pumped her fits up. “Make me proud,”

 

Siwon nodded and kissed her forehead before whispering. “Wait for me, ne?” Tiffany nodded as Siwon still didn't want to leave.

 

“Come on, Oppa. I'm not a five-year-old child. I can handle myself. Just go.” She pushed the lad out of the door. Siwon looked at her for the last time before he left.

------------------------------------------------------

Siwon was practically running. Yes, the always-calm Siwon was running. The meeting was last longer than they had expected. Two hours. Two ing hours. And it made Siwon worry to death.

 

During the meeting, Siwon couldn't help glancing at the door with hope that Tiffany would stay in his office. He was spacing out sometime, luckily, the meeting ended well.

But if it was not, Siwon also didn't give a damn about it.

 

“Fany-ah!” He opened the door immediately as soon as he reached his office. Siwon looked around as the thing he was afraid most had come. The room was empty. Tiffany had left.

 

No! not again! Wasting no time, Siwon immediately ran toward the entrance as Donghae just came in.

 

“Hey, man. Why are you running like---” Donghae was about to wave at him but Siwon grabbed into his arms and asked breathlessly. “Donghae, did you see Tiffany?”

 

“What?” He seemed confused with the question. “Answer me! Did you see Tiffany?!” Siwon shouted.

 

“I just met her at the parking lot. Why?” Donghae pointed to outside as Siwon flew toward that direction. Leaving Donghae dumbfounded with his action. “What's wrong with him?”

----------------------------------------------------

 

“Where is it?” Tiffany walked and looked around. “I remember there is a shop near here.” She stopped at the traffic light as the strong wind blew pass.

The wind had taken away a little boy's hat as he reached over it and didn't notice he was going toward busy vehicles.

 

“Be careful!” Tiffany shouted as she ran into the middle of the street to push the boy away. The truck is getting near as Tiffany shut her eyes tight and expected a hit. For a moment, she thought she could hear Siwon's voice between the heavy horns.

 

The hit had never come. Instead, Tiffany felt a soft body wrapped around her as they landed on the ground. Still with her eyes close, Tiffany heard a fast heart-beat from the body beneath her. It beat rapidly.

 

“Oppa?” As expected, when Tiffany looked up, she had already seen Siwon holding on her tight as he released his painful and relieved breaths. His chest went up and down.

 

“Oppa, are you alright?” Tiffany asked, she tried to lifted her body up from Siwon but the lad just tightened his embraced and pulled the girl back down.

 

“Oppa?” Tiffany questioned as Siwon closed his eyes tight, ignored his wife's call.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

A knock on the door made Siwon lifted his head up from the desk.

After the accident, he had driven Tiffany home and brought along his work. He didn't want to leave his clumsy and stubborn wife alone anymore.

 

The accident nearly gave him a heart attack. The image of the truck launching into Tiffany kept displaying in his head. The scenario was too much scary. He almost thought that he was going to lose Tiffany again. Luckily, he was not.

 

Tiffany's soft voice resounded behind the door.

 

“Oppa, can I come in?”

 

Siwon got up from his seat and opened the door, revealed the nervous Tiffany behind. She looked down, feeling guilty about this afternoon's event.

 

“You want to say something?” Siwon asked with hands crossed across his chest. His voice turned cold and made Tiffany flinch. Tiffany swallowed hard before she nodded.

 

“I... I'm sorry...”

 

“About what?”

 

“This... this afternoon... accident...” Tiffany stuttered. “I... I'm sorry...”

 

After he accident, Siwon hadn't spoken to her for a single word. He just kept silence while Tiffany tried hard to break the ice.

 

“And?”

 

“I will listen to you from now on,” Tiffany answered with her head down. She fidgeted with her feet.

 

Siwon sighed as he loosened his hands. He knew he couldn't get angry with his wife for long. Siwon reached out his hands for Tiffany. “Fany-ah, come here,”

 

Tiffany instinctively ran into Siwon's embrace as he ruffled her hair. “Fany-ah, next time, if you tell you not to do anything, don't do it. You almost got me a heart attack this afternoon. Don't repeat it next time, ne?”

 

Tiffany nodded and buried her face into Siwon's chest, mumbled. “Mianhae...”

 

“Do you know how I felt when I saw you stand in the middle of the street? What happens if you couldn't make it? Do you think I can live without you? If you're in my position, can you?”

 

Tiffany shook her head vigorously inside his embrace. Siwon used his hand to lift Tiffany's face up by her chin as he whispered. “Don't leave me,” He placed a chaste kiss on Tiffany's lips.

 

Siwon nibbled Tiffany's bottom lips and brushed her upper lip with his. They moved in synchronization. Siwon lifted her face to the left and to the right as Tiffany closed her eyes.

The sweetness of their kiss was undeniable as Tiffany wrapped her arms around Siwon's neck. Their kiss was innocent at first then turned passionately later.

 

Siwon used his index finger to slide along Tiffany's jaw line and stopped at her chin, lifted it up even more that made Tiffany stand on her toes.

 

He playfully turned his head to left and to the right, purposely pressed his nose with her when he passed. Tiffany let out impatient sigh as she tightened her arms around Siwon's neck.

 

Siwon smirked as his had worked. He pulled Tiffany closer by the waist.

 

He her upper lips, asked for the entrance that Tiffany gladly opened for him. He kissed her lips again before capturing his wife's tongue.

 

“I... love you...” Tiffany mumbled between their kiss. Siwon pulled them apart for some breaths, whispered. “I love you too,” Before catching her lips for another kiss.

 

Without breaking the passionate kiss, Siwon picked Tiffany up as she supported them by wrapping more around his neck. Siwon opened their bedroom's door then closed it with his leg.

 

----------------------------------------------------

Annyeong~ Lucia is texting :)

I know you want to kill me for ending it so quickly. Sorry. But I can't continue it. The kiss scene is make me embarrassed enough >///<

An FAILED!!! OMG!!! FAILED!!! How can I suppose to write a scene in “Before U Come” if I can't write properly a kiss scene!!! OMG!!! I definitely need some help!!!!

ARGH!!! So embarrassing!!! I feel like I just commit a crime!! I'm gonna hide myself under the blanket now!!!

I will just write a kiss scene this oneshot. I'm not repeating it in the other >///< Or else I will just copy and paste x9

Ah, the longest story I have ever written. 10 pages of word. And I haven't re-read it.