Answers

Intrepid Nerve
Please log in to read the full chapter

Today’s the day.

 

I thought to myself as I walked down the hallway. I clasped my hands together and thought how to go about saying exactly what I felt without making myself look like a total fool.

 

A deep voice ripped me out of my stupor, “Mr. Apple!”

 

I looked up and saw Chanyeol waving at me. Luhan had doubled over in laughter. He was with Baekhyun and the others by his locker. I sighed and made my way over to them. Yi Xing greeted me while the others were busy either scolding or laughing at Chanyeol. These were supposed to be my brothers? I seriously need to rethink this.

 

Yi Xing nodded toward me, “Hey, Joon Myun.”

 

“Hi.” I answered curtly.

 

“Chanyeol, why must you always act like a child?” asked Kyung Soo shaking his head.

 

Baekhyun patted Chanyeol's shoulder, "Kyung Soo give him a break. His crack supply is low, let him be.”

 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement. A smile spread across his face and he grabbed Baekhyun’s arm out of habit.

 

Jong In raised a dark eyebrow at the pair and turned to me, “Ok, with Chanyeol’s addiction aside, are you ready for today?”

 

I sighed in response. I didn’t understand why I asked them for help. It wasn’t like they could help me anyway, but who else did I have?

 

“No.” I said shaking my head.

 

“There’s nothing to be nervous about. Sure, she’s the prettiest girl in school, number one in our class, and liked by almost every guy in school, but you have a real shot!” said Sehun trying to show some support, but failing miserably.

 

Tao shot a glare in his direction, “You know when you say something like that it only makes him more nervous.”

 

“Ignore him.” said Jong Dae, “Sehun only has eyes for Luhan.”

 

Luhan and Sehun looked at eachother, then at Jong Dae, and stuck their tongues out at him simultaneously. Jong Dae simply shrugged. This was getting absolutely nowhere. It only made me regret deciding to say it today.

 

“Listen,” said Min Seok placing a hand on my shoulder, “you can do this. What have you got to lose?”

 

“His pride as a man.” Kris said folding his arms as he leaned against the lockers.

 

Min Seok pouted and looked down at the ground, “Yeah, you’re right.”

 

“Guys, this isn’t helping at all.” I said not able to take much more advice.

 

Luhan shrugged, “Hey eleven people can only do so much.”

 

“How exactly are we supposed to help you again?” asked Jong In.

 

Kyung Soo chimed in, “We have to help him tell Min how he feels without making him look like an idiot.”

 

I looked at Yi Xing hoping he could give some sound advice or any type of encouragement, but I was completely off.

 

He stared at me with deer like eyes and asked the others, “Do you guys know if she even came in today?”

 

Tao's answer sent my heart racing, “Yeah, she’s here.”

 

Incredulously Kris asked, "How do you know that?”

 

“Because she’s standing right there.”

 

Tao pointed in the direction of the office. Everyone looked in the direction Tao had pointed to, but I kept my eyes on the ground. This was hopeless.

 

“Good work, panda.” Kris said ruffling Tao’s hair.

 

“Guys!” I exclaimed.

 

Eleven heads whipped around to look at me. I was desperate at this point and no one was taking me seriously.

 

“Seriously, I don’t know what to do. Whenever I get around her I get all tongue tied.”

 

This was the last time I asked them for girl help. The only thing they were able to do was make me more nervous than I was before. How could I possibly say how I felt when I felt like puking? I continued to look at the ground and play with my hands nervously while the others continued to stare. Baekhyun bent over and his eyes met mine.

 

He gave me a weary smile, “It’s now or never.”

 

“Then, let’s go with never.” I said returning his smile.

 

I started walking down the hall; I think it would be best to just back out now, before things got any worse.

 

“Where are you going? Where is he going?" Asked Yi Xing.

 

“Hey! Come back!” exclaimed Sehun.

 

I could just imagine what Chanyeol looked like as he called out, “Mr. Apple! Wait!”

 

I heard Chanyeol yelp in pain. My guess was that someone had hit him. My suspicions confirmed when I heard Jong In speak.

 

“Stop that.” He demanded.

Please log in to read the full chapter